Opi tsv 16/4/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dam its sold out and I have to go on waitlist. I like these products and opi don't do a tsv much these days

Think I will resist as the colours don't appeal to me that much,although Opi has far more staying power on me than any other brand I have tried, I do wonder having read some of the posts on here how may bottles of nail varnish some of us have, anyone going to confess? And do you ever finish a bottle, as I never do!

Over 300 at last count and I have bought a LOT since then. I have had to chuck a few as well though. I do get trade prices on most brands though, so I can't resist!

On the gel subject - I can't recommend OPI gel colour enough, it's a pure gel, not a hybrid. No buffing required before application, so no damage to the natural nail and no harsh removal and it really is a coat of armour for your nails. I trained in it last year and it is absolutely amazing, I wouldn't use any other brand of gels. Applied properly it will last for weeks as well, you just have to find someone who does apply it properly and watches for shrinkage before curing as it is a bugger for shrinking away from the free edge!

I like these products and opi don't do a tsv much these days

I agree with you there. They did two last year (March & June). The earlier was had a one drop auto delivery, the latter none.

If I'm honest, it's been annoying me that they (QVC & OPI) kept referring to yesterday's TSV as 'the first one in over a year', but it wasn't, as they had one in June. I decided to tweet OPI in the end of they said "that was our July Anniversary collection, the last TSV was last march x", but it wasn't because I have an email from QVC letting me know about this very collections TSV price (I even looked back at my emails to check).

Super-quick delivery here in Derbyshire! Ordered at midnight and it arrived an hour ago! Must be a record!

I'm looking forward to hearing what you ladies think of the Glitter Off in particular. Having seen the YouTube video someone posted a link to on here, I don't think it's all it's cracked up (or peeled off!) to be. Even on the shows on QVC yesterday, I thought Julie(?) seemed to be struggling when she was demonstrating the removal of glitter polish. I wonder if it's easier or more difficult when the polish has been on a day or two as well.

Over 300 at last count and I have bought a LOT since then. I have had to chuck a few as well though. I do get trade prices on most brands though, so I can't resist!

On the gel subject - I can't recommend OPI gel colour enough, it's a pure gel, not a hybrid. No buffing required before application, so no damage to the natural nail and no harsh removal and it really is a coat of armour for your nails. I trained in it last year and it is absolutely amazing, I wouldn't use any other brand of gels. Applied properly it will last for weeks as well, you just have to find someone who does apply it properly and watches for shrinkage before curing as it is a bugger for shrinking away from the free edge!

I'm thinking mine must have been an opi gel then? as there was no buffing or scraping of the nail?

I was hoping mine would be here too today, so I could do my nails over the weekend, but no such luck. Will have to wait until next week (I have all my parcels delivered to work and I'm off now until Tuesday).

I'm looking forward to hearing what you ladies think of the Glitter Off in particular. Having seen the YouTube video someone posted a link to on here, I don't think it's all it's cracked up (or peeled off!) to be. Even on the shows on QVC yesterday, I thought Julie(?) seemed to be struggling when she was demonstrating the removal of glitter polish. I wonder if it's easier or more difficult when the polish has been on a day or two as well.

I thought exactly the same as you. At one point I thought Julie was going to rip into the models cuticle she was struggling so much. If it works it will be great but I am not convinced after watching the demo's. The basecoat reminded me of PVA glue!

I thought exactly the same as you. At one point I thought Julie was going to rip into the models cuticle she was struggling so much. If it works it will be great but I am not convinced after watching the demo's. The basecoat reminded me of PVA glue!

It is very much like that, I agree. Isn't it a mixture containing PVA glue that they test against Glitter Off in the YouTube video?

I recorded the demo on QVC and watched it back. Julie definitely struggles and even then only manages to remove a small amount of the glitter. My delivery just arrived and I notice on page 10 of the accompanying OPI booklet that they show the glitter polish peeling off in one (very satisfying!) sheet - that is very misleading, or at least I strongly suspect it will prove to be. I am looking forward to giving it a go anyway and at the very least I hope it turns out to be better than removing glitter with polish remover. I am not expecting great results from Glitter Off at all so at least I shouldn't be disappointed!

Mine came yesterday but we are busy decorating at the moment so no time to play yet :-( hoping to try the glitter off on Monday evening in preparation for the working week. Would be interested in views ahead of that as on Q they said apply two thin coats but the bottle says one so I wonder if that makes a difference ?

Not tried Glitter off, but ordinary peelable varnish that I use currently as a glitter base works best (and dries quickest) with two thin coats.

Mine arrived on Good Friday and I'm really pleased with it. I've already been experimenting, using the glitter on my ring fingers, and the first lot I removed with the Nails Inc remover in the pot. The glitter did take longer to be removed completely, but I was able to get it off.

I'm now sporting the glitter on the ring fingers again, but this time I used the Glitter Off base coat and there's no way I can peel it off so I will have to use the Nails Inc remover again. However, I only used one coat of the Glitter Off, so tonight I'm going to try two coats and, if it doesn't work, then I may as well 'file it in the bin' and remove the glitter in the usual way.

I ordered this as years of being on very strong medication have taken there toll on my nails, I now find that I am unable to grow them even to the ends of my fingers with out them peeling and splitting, so I have been waiting for the TSV mainly for the nail envy.
It arrived on Good Friday and I thought I would start with the NEW and much raved about during all of the presentations Nude Nail Envy. I took of my existing polish washed my hands and started to apply it, well I just couldn't get it to either cover my nails or look half decent it kept on streaking. Not only that but after about 30 mins it wasn't even tough dry. So In my opinion not a great success. But I will try it again in a few days just to see if it was my application technique or the product.
I had already seen some revues of the glitter off on line and most said it really wasn't worth the money and 2 thin coats of PVA glue worked just as well. I am going to give it a try later on today to see for myself.
So all in all was the TSV worth the £35.43 well the jury is still out on that!

I took of my existing polish washed my hands and started to apply it, well I just couldn't get it to either cover my nails or look half decent it kept on streaking. Not only that but after about 30 mins it wasn't even tough dry. So In my opinion not a great success. But I will try it again in a few days just to see if it was my application technique or the product.

I'm wondering whether you might have not had time to completely dry your nails before you applied the nude Nail Envy? Could you have still had a trace of soap on your nails? Or applied too thick a coat? I'm asking because I found the nude applied fine and dried just as quickly as the normal version.

Madmax, try a much thinner application; the first coat doesn't need to look good, it can be thin and even streaky, as the 2nd coat should fill in the gaps provided the 1st coat has had time to dry. I think the nail demos on qvc are to blame as they always apply 2 thick coats, starting the 2nd coat as soon as the last finger of the 1st coat is done. It's a great way to show the colour on air but in real life the polish would never dry. I particularly find with Leighton's polish that if the coats are too thick they never fully cure and are prone to dents and smudges even hours after it's been done. Also if the first coat is thick the next brush-stroke can move the polish of the 1st coat resulting in gaps near the cuticle. HTH

For fixing nail trouble I'd stick with the clear Nail Envy for the first week; 2 thin coats to begin with and then add a coat every other day for the rest of the week. Then remove and start again. Even though it's tempting to see that free edge start to grow I'd file it down until you get a solid free edge growing, while it looks as though it's fraying at the edge it'll still be vulnerable to splitting or peeling regardless of the nail envy or any other nail strengthening product being used.

Many thanks for your tips Akimbo. I resisted the Tsv but have started using the original nail envy as my nails are in a mess! they always split and peel, I have tried all sorts of products/treatments but my nails refuse to grow, I have never been a nail biter, so not sure why they are so bad. I will follow your advice and see if that helps. :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back