Observations on Carmel, Anna and Mikheal (not sure how to spell it)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
Carmel seems to have settled in now. She is speaking much slower and her hair is not as harsh and flyaway as it was.

Anna - where is she? Has she left?

Mikheal - he isn't on much either. Does he work elsewhere too I wonder?

I really do think Carmel has improved and don't mind watching her,but IMO Anna is just as bad as when she first started I have to turn off if she is trying to present.
Lynn

Can't stand any of them to be honest.

Carmel - Still reminds me of Bid TV. Also, does she get her accent from Nadine from Girls Aloud? It's ****** awful.
Anna - Useless
Miceal - Pathetic.

But I'd take any of them over Craig Rowe. Still hate him.

Aw I love craig he's one of my faves!!!

Don't tend to see the other 3......Do they all work mornings and weekends?

When I occasionally catch Miceal,I find him very hard to understand.

Can't stand any of them to be honest.

Carmel - Still reminds me of Bid TV. Also, does she get her accent from Nadine from Girls Aloud? It's ****** awful.
Anna - Useless
Miceal - Pathetic.

But I'd take any of them over Craig Rowe. Still hate him.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
in the words of my idol (Hilary Devay), Craig makes my foot itch. He's the only presenter to make me switch off.
If he was selling 1ct flawless diamonds for a quid I would still have to turn it off.

To the OP, Can't stand the other 3 either.

I think Carmel has improved and she looks soooo much better recently (she said it is because she has started using Laura Geller B&B! - which I use and love).
I don't like Miceal he just creeps me out and as for Anna she just doesn't fit in right and she's just too skinny - I always think Lollipop lady when I see her and it makes me uncomfortable to watch.

I know its not a politically correct thing to say, but I will anyway - but I am not a lover of any accents on tv, whether it be N. Ireland, Scottish, Welsh or West Country, that includes news readers too. I remember years ago Sue Lawley (for those that remember her) saying she was born and brought up in Birmingham although you would never think it by the way she spoke. Yes I'm old fashioned, but I prefer listening to accentless voices, or I finish up mimicing them, like I do when I hear Eamonn Holmes or Carmel speak. Psssssst...... even Julia from Nottingham only lets her accent slip now and again.

Don't tend to see much of the newbies. Did catch Miceal recently doing a Kelly Hoppen show I think - I thought he was OK and certainly better than Craig who also did a Kelly Hoppen hour the same day. I too thought Caramel had improved somewhat when I last saw her. Have managed to avoid Anna altogether, which is probably just as well.

I really don't see the point of Will - he just stands there with a clip board in his trendy blazer reading out a few inane comments - talk about a non-job. I never listen to anything he says anyway 'cos I'm always mesmerised by the massive expanse of forehead and improbable hair-do. Get rid of him and knock a few pence off the P&P :happy:

Crikey! What's up with everyone today. Accents! Really! As a northerner roll on more of them on telly. There is no such thing as accentless!!!!! Love the Irish, Welsh, Scot , regional and even London.

I like accents, Irish ones are gorge, but unless I have missed something it most definitely is not racist to dislike someone's accent.

Yes it's funny how anything other than "London" or "the south" is considered to be an accent. To me the London/south accent is just as strong as any other region yet we're expected to accept is as the gold standard.

I think the saying about accents was the accent from the county next to you was horrible but the rest were OK. Sounds like Carmel is southern irish and whilst I generally like those accents I don't like hers. It just grates on me.
I spoke to someone in a welsh tax office the other day and it was gorgeous. I also like the Middlesborough accent as well. Essex estuary is amusing to me.

As a Northerner I understand the prejudice regarding accents. The only one I find annoying is Birmingham. Sorry folks from there!

My favourite accent is Geordie. Love TV programmes set in Newcastle!!

I have a 'saarf of England' accent. Living here in Ireland, they can't tell the difference between that and Cockney so I am often asked what part of London I am from.

Yes, weird the accent thing, like London/south east is the original templet from which all the rest are corrupted. Tres amusing. And as long as QVC wants to sell to the rest of the UK it needs to represent us all 'by eck'. And back on the original subject I really don't mind the newbies. I maybe don't watch often enough but I find them just as 'faux' enthusiastic about every bit of tat the Q peddles as the more established presenters. Maybe just a little easier to watch as they haven't acquired all the airs and graces yet and are less inclined to be a bit rude and ill mannered like some.

There is no "one" Welsh accent just as there is no one Scots or Irish accent or even English for that matter.

I hate it when people generalise.

South Walians speak totally differently to North Walians even though it is the South Walian valleys accent which is the most mimicked.

I don't mind accents at all just as long as I can clearly understand the individual's diction.

Alex Ferguson has very poor diction and I find I have to strain to understand him at all.

I do hate the gradual morphing of accents though. There is a certain youth culture in the London area which now tries to sound somewhat Caribbean and I just don't understand why they do it. People from that area never used to speak like this. For instance, they say "aks him" instead of "ask him". Why are they so lazy I think to myself.

Latest posts

Back