No more Christmas Deccies!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I get fed up of deccies after Christmas but I leave them up until New Year. January 1st mine will come down for another year.

I normally leave mine up till the 6th but I hope to go away so they will be packed away early but I will leave the outside ones up for a bit longer as they brighten up the nights
lizz

I always leave mine up until Twelfth Night but am usually sick of them. This year I've been away and have only got a little tree with pretty coloured lights so I shall leave it.

Incidentally, Twelfth Night is officially the night of 5th January, not 6th. It's the last of the twelve days of Christmas, the first being Christmas day.

I read somewhere that until the 19th century, people used to keep their decorations of mistletoe and holly and other greenery up until Candlemas Day -- February 2nd!

Ours will come down on 2nd Jan. My daughter gets very peed off that we don't wait until 12th night. I'd have them down now really, but we've got a bit of a do here tomorrow, so it's nice to keep them up for that.

There is a christmas tree on the set on QVC just now.

I think you have to keep them up till at least the New Year so mine will come down next weekend, probably Saturday so I can do a proper clean before I go back to college on the 5th

Mine will stay till the 7th Jan.
I don't have a tremendous amount of deccies,just my tree in the porch,my fibre optic one in the conservatory & my beautiful real one (8ft)in the lounge.
I grouped various Santas,Snowmen & Reindeer together & have them sitting on my lounge cabinets so won't take long to take them all down.

We put real trees up on the 7th DEC and we always like tohave them up for NEW YEAR but we are a big Christmas family so it is horrible havin to take them down.

We will probably take them down on the 5th as we are going away for a few days before that.

well mine's all down and away and the room looks lovely and bare. I don't really know why i put them up as they just annoy me. But then i am a misery guts...:13:

to make all those around me miserable aswell.....:20:

Well, I'm feeling pretty miserable but it's not because of you. I've gone down with a dreadful cough and sound quite sexy with a hoarse voice!!!! I'm struggling to swallow so perhaps I'll lose a few of the pounds gained over the last week! :54:

Latest posts

Back