Ninja TSV 31/10/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I watched Gail (Gayle) demonstrating the Ninga cooker. She steamed salmon on the top section, asparagus beneath it, and rice on the bottom. Surely the salmon juices would drip onto the asparagus, and then into the rice. It would all taste fishy. Asparagus is out of season so why use it? She added cinnamon to the rice. Strange combination. The salmon looked okay. I don't think this is good cooking. It is lazy cooking.

I watched Gail (Gayle) demonstrating the Ninga cooker. She steamed salmon on the top section, asparagus beneath it, and rice on the bottom. Surely the salmon juices would drip onto the asparagus, and then into the rice. It would all taste fishy. Asparagus is out of season so why use it? She added cinnamon to the rice. Strange combination. The salmon looked okay. I don't think this is good cooking. It is lazy cooking.
I reckon most of these kitchen gadgets are an unnecessary waste of money. How easy is it to wrap a couple of salmon fillets in foil with some butter, lemon and seasoning. If you're feeling extra lazy then those packs of microwavable vegetables you can buy are pretty good and are ready in minutes. I've got a £7 microwave rice cooker that produces perfect results every time. If you've got a small kitchen, then you've got to find room to store all this gear as well. My cupboards are chock full of largely unused gadgets!

I have a hob and saucepans and a grill which i mainly use, as well as the microwave. I don't use the main oven much. I have a 1.5 litre slow cooker, which I can fit in a cupboard and it's about this time of year I usually dust it off and put it to work.
A volume capacity created by a tall narrow device saves counter space, but makes it very difficult to access it easily. I hope those of you getting this find it worth the counter/cupboard space, and produces food in line with your needs and expectations.

I think a lot of cooking meals is a case of planning the use of your oven/hob. If I was doing meat or fish in the oven I tend to do a type of potatoes and veg in there as well. Likewise if I’m using the hob for the main item I’ll use it for as much as possible with perhaps a bit of help from the microwave. Mr L never understands this concept and keeps suggesting food where you heat a big oven for one small piece of food.

Merry interested in your rice cooker even though it is the one item I have perfected on the hob it would free up a bit of space if necessary.

The whole demo was crazy.

I would have been interested if I hadn't bought the Foodi recently. Using that today, and 2 days ago, I doubt I'd use many of the TSV's features though.

DRAIN REPORT

4 men been here all day, dug a hole in my garden the area of a normal kitchen and about 10ft deep. Next door's red-leafed Acer torn out, about 20ft of fencing, some of my drystone wall demolished.

They finally found the problem, which they could have found 2 months ago if they hadn't gone chasing after red herrings. It was a totally flattened pipe, in the place they diagnosed 2 months ago.

They have replaced the pipe, and half filled the hole, but by then it was getting dark so back tomorrow, yet again. I should have been in OH's house this week, but want to keep an eye on what they are doing. This is the first time I've sat down all day!

Not sure what’s going on with boosters etc... And the roll out of first and second doses was so efficient!

But I’m immunosuppressed etc, yet haven’t been offered either the proposed third dose of the vaccination nor the booster....yet! :(

And what I can’t believe, especially after the cock ups last time, at least our local area has not provided nor has any information on the timing of doing so, boosters for any care homes or housebound residents.

(Sorry that sentence was v long and poorly formed - not slept in days again!)
The place I had my 1st 2 is now closed, and it is difficult to get to alternatives by bus.

OK, I've gone for this on Easy Pays and we'll try it for a month and if it's too complicated or doesn't live up to the job then I'll return it. Mr CC will use it mostly so we'll see if he likes it. We use a mini oven every day and we had a halogen oven before that which we used to cook nearly everything. I'm nervous now that someone posted it was a massive piece of kit which might not be compatible with my very small kitchen.

I bought this despite this morning's demo with Gail Samways (there's nothing wrong with Gail, it's her cooking). She manages to make every single thing look totally unappetising and there must be someone with better food presentation skills to tempt potential customers. I won't be pouring all that cream over my lemon sponges nor will I be drowning my salmon pieces in teriyaki sauce.

I'll report back on my happiness (or otherwise) with this machine but it's not being sent out until 22 November.

CC

OK, I've gone for this on Easy Pays and we'll try it for a month and if it's too complicated or doesn't live up to the job then I'll return it. Mr CC will use it mostly so we'll see if he likes it. We use a mini oven every day and we had a halogen oven before that which we used to cook nearly everything. I'm nervous now that someone posted it was a massive piece of kit which might not be compatible with my very small kitchen.

I bought this despite this morning's demo with Gail Samways (there's nothing wrong with Gail, it's her cooking). She manages to make every single thing look totally unappetising and there must be someone with better food presentation skills to tempt potential customers. I won't be pouring all that cream over my lemon sponges nor will I be drowning my salmon pieces in teriyaki sauce.

I'll report back on my happiness (or otherwise) with this machine but it's not being sent out until 22 November.

CC
And now it's sold out LITERALLY (as Gail keeps saying)

Chloe said this morning it was going limited stock so I thought I'd better order before we went out. I think there were advanced advanced orders.

CC

I went to the QVC outlet shop a few weeks ago and they had loads of the Ninja grill and air fryer for £99 and also lots of the 8 in 1 multi function oven. They will probably have this in a few months when people return it after Christmas.

I would have been interested if I hadn't bought the Foodi recently. Using that today, and 2 days ago, I doubt I'd use many of the TSV's features though.

DRAIN REPORT

4 men been here all day, dug a hole in my garden the area of a normal kitchen and about 10ft deep. Next door's red-leafed Acer torn out, about 20ft of fencing, some of my drystone wall demolished.

They finally found the problem, which they could have found 2 months ago if they hadn't gone chasing after red herrings. It was a totally flattened pipe, in the place they diagnosed 2 months ago.

They have replaced the pipe, and half filled the hole, but by then it was getting dark so back tomorrow, yet again. I should have been in OH's house this week, but want to keep an eye on what they are doing. This is the first time I've sat down all day!

The place I had my 1st 2 is now closed, and it is difficult to get to alternatives by bus.
I hope they've going to leave everything looking perfect; the poor acer may not be so lucky & if it was mine I'd be furious.

Latest posts

Back