Nina Leonard maxi dress

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

racy1975

Registered Shopper
Am thinking if ordering item no 100788 but as I've sent 4 or 5 items of his back due to poor fit/too long/basic poor quality I'm very unsure whether to order or not. Any1 bought this dress? Reviews are mixed

I didn't order this dress but what NL does is he has a basic design which he then alters to create new styles. The basic fit though is the same. So that dress could come with a scoop neck and short sleeves and knee length hemline but the dress is the same basic style if you see what I mean.

So have you ordered anything "similar" in the past because that could help you with your own question.

I have that style dress from a TSV from last year that was in three colours/patterns ... a Missoni knock off orange print, purple flowers and a black/white/bright big floral. But that came in dress sizes. I'm a 20 top and I could wear both the 18 and the 16. The 18 was better because the empire line came down further on my boobs so I could take it in a bit and get a better fit. It was too full to flatter without that alteration though. It was a bit of a fiddle to do. If I couldn't have done that I'd have stuck with the 16.

My word of warning on this dress style would be that it is a very full skirt and with that empire line gathering it can either flatter or make you feel you look fatter. It's a style you have to try on to know I'm afraid.

Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited:
Am thinking if ordering item no 100788 but as I've sent 4 or 5 items of his back due to poor fit/too long/basic poor quality I'm very unsure whether to order or not. Any1 bought this dress? Reviews are mixed

I ordered this when it was a TSV and returned it. The empire line is in completely the wrong place and cuts across the bust making it fall like a maternity dress. This is accentuated by the fact that the majority of the fabric in the form of voluminous pleats is at the front (this also makes the dress very heavy). You may get away with it if you are flat chested, but if you are blessed with much of a bust I doubt this will flatter. The other problem I had was that the armholes gaped badly and would have taken a lot of fiddly alteration to get right. HTH

I totally agree with everything that Mam says. ALSO with so much fabric, just imagine getting it on an ironing board, you'lll be there for hours ironing the sodding thing ! Equally its not ideal to take away, because of the room it would take up in a suitcase, and far too hot to wear in warmer climates. (mine went back)

Latest posts

Back