my last buy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

queenie

Registered Shopper
...was the yankee tsv on Jan 8th and before that was the nails inc tsv on Dec 10th.I have really cut down on my spending and am quite chuffed about it.Having said that I think I will be buying the l'occitane at weekend,mainly to split in to gifts with a few bits for me.I have even stopped watching now,I only watch when I know there something on I am interested in.
Thanks to this forum my bank balance is loads healthier !!:mysmilie_61:

:mysmilie_348: Queenie, Loveheart is going to love your post! Well done you on curbing your QVC speinding, I hope you're going to splash the money you've saved on something fab!

:mysmilie_696:Well done Queenie, I stopped watching and buying a long time ago, and must have saved myself an absolute fortune:mysmilie_61:

I'm slowly getting there as well and have cut my reckless spending way back.

In the main due to the FARTERS on the forum :mysmilie_696::mysmilie_696:

I'm also finding very little that is appealing to watch on QVC these days :mysmilie_34:

I'm slowly getting there as well and have cut my reckless spending way back.

In the main due to the FARTERS on the forum :mysmilie_696::mysmilie_696:

I'm also finding very little that is appealing to watch on QVC these days :mysmilie_34:

I too have cut back my spending with the help of the other FARTERS on the forum. Especially Loveheart! It hasn't been that hard really because, as JBTH says, there hasn't been much to tempt us lately.

:mysmilie_687:

My last buy was a ton of Ojon Tawaka. I do have a stockpile now and it may turn out to be unnecessary but I feel I can't risk it running out and not being replaced by something equally as good. By my reckoning, I have 2 years to find a replacement. Before that, I purchased about a third of what I would usually buy. If there's a decent Malley offer later in the month, I will go for that. If not, I will have to buy another Citychick palette as mine is running out. However, it will have lasted me a whole year. I'm very pleased with myself.

So far this year I have bought;

a pair of agate and silver earrings, they weren't expensinve and I am very pleased with them.
a red leather travelon bag for about a tenner, very useful for odd days out when I need to have my hands free.
a long, suede coat that was almost half price and on easy pay. Hasn't arrived yet but the reviews are good and it looks as if it is just my style.

I am intending to buy the Occitane tsv BUT, if there is something similar (and cheaper) that doesn't have hand cream or soap, I will treat myself to that instead.

I've really cut back and It's thanks wholly to people on here. Whenever i am tempted i come on here and realise i don't usually ,either, need or really want it. Loveheart i even f.a.r.ted on the LE TSV. :mysmilie_696:
Like Artemis, i did stock up on Tawaka as I didn't want to run out before they replaced it

I am so happy reading this thread and would like to add that all I have bought this year is some snow rubber things to put on your shoes and a Smashbox try me type kit. So a group hug for all of us.
I do however feel a bit like a spare part now as there is so little to get excited about. Anyone want to fess up about anything?

Nothing, not a thing, nowt, zero, zilch and am so pleased with myself. I come on the forum first and it calms me down when i feel the urge to buy. Also they have so little that appeals to me or suits my budget. Still watch as it amuses me and soothes me if i have had a tough day.

I am so happy reading this thread and would like to add that all I have bought this year is some snow rubber things to put on your shoes and a Smashbox try me type kit. So a group hug for all of us.
I do however feel a bit like a spare part now as there is so little to get excited about. Anyone want to fess up about anything?

Don't stop chivvying, LoveHeart, I'm sure it wouldn't take much for some of us to slide back down the slippery slope.....and I love it when you get cross......:mysmilie_1414:

I haven't bought anything this year either, there's been faff all worth buying - or watching to be honest. If I see one more outlet store I think I may explode with boredom :mysmilie_73: I am saving my pennies for some LG on Valentines Day, and possibly the Elemis TSV in April. Other than that I have totally lost interest.......god, never thought I'd hear myself say that :mysmilie_82: lol

My total QVc shopping this year amounts to a BE AD and that doesn't really count since I ordered it last year. Not even interested in the l'occitane coming up since I stockpiled most of last year's AD when I wasn't handing them out as presents. I think I'm qvc-ed out, I couldn't even get interested in the liz earle tsv the other day

I bought the LE TSV and a couple of small items this year, but nothing much really. I don't watch half as much as I used to (OH is pleased to have the TV back in control!) I don't think there is much to interest me on QVC now. Looking forward to saving some dosh!

:mysmilie_348:Blimey we're all doing well aren't we? :mysmilie_124:

Heads must be rolling at QVC Towers! :eek:

:mysmilie_1505: I love it when Loveheart gets cross as well! :D :mysmilie_1559:

The Bobbi Brown shows caused me a major wobble but I looked at the new and exclusive palette and convinced myself that it was only subtly tonally different from my Mauve palette so I could do without it. (Even though I LOVE subtle tonal differences and Mauve it probably my favourite BB palette!)

Anyhoo. I was online looking longingly at it yesterday. (as you do when you're incorrigible;) )and a review had been added by a lady who actually has the Mauve palette too and she said how similar they are so I feel better. (I do have four or five of the seven colours already as well!)

I am going to treat myself to a new gel eyeliner on eBay as a prize though -just as soon as I decide on a colour! I quite fancy Ivy and Violet and I would love to replace my beloved Graphite which I left somewhere on my travels. :(That colour is so gorgeous and versatile I miss it every day. I can't wear black eyeliner - it looks too heavy and blocky on me but Graphite was my metallic charcoal substitute that goes with almost everything but has enough "light" in it to work with my colouring.

Old me would buy all three colours of course, :mysmilie_17: but I'm going to keep checking reviews until I am grabbed by one of them more than the others.

Well done us! :mysmilie_1828: :mysmilie_1828: :mysmilie_1828:

:mysmilie_348:Blimey we're all doing well aren't we? :mysmilie_124:

Heads must be rolling at QVC Towers! :eek:

:mysmilie_1505: I love it when Loveheart gets cross as well! :D :mysmilie_1559:
The Bobbi Brown shows caused me a major wobble but I looked at the new and exclusive palette and convinced myself that it was only subtly tonally different from my Mauve palette so I could do without it. (Even though I LOVE subtle tonal differences and Mauve it probably my favourite BB palette!)

Anyhoo. I was online looking longingly at it yesterday. (as you do when you're incorrigible;) )and a review had been added by a lady who actually has the Mauve palette too and she said how similar they are so I feel better. (I do have four or five of the seven colours already as well!)

I am going to treat myself to a new gel eyeliner on eBay as a prize though -just as soon as I decide on a colour! I quite fancy Ivy and Violet and I would love to replace my beloved Graphite which I left somewhere on my travels. :(That colour is so gorgeous and versatile I miss it every day. I can't wear black eyeliner - it looks too heavy and blocky on me but Graphite was my metallic charcoal substitute that goes with almost everything but has enough "light" in it to work with my colouring.

Old me would buy all three colours of course, :mysmilie_17: but I'm going to keep checking reviews until I am grabbed by one of them more than the others.

Well done us! :mysmilie_1828: :mysmilie_1828: :mysmilie_1828:

:mysmilie_701: You are supposed to be on my side!
I don't get cross much these days as there is such dross on QVC. It's the new chilled out Loveheart.:mysmilie_697:

I don't get cross much these days as there is such dross on QVC. It's the new chilled out Loveheart.:mysmilie_697:

Oh great, just as well, as I went for the Craft TSV in the butterfly option....:mysmilie_1929:

Last edited:
There has not been much to tempt me and some truly terrible TSVs - that foul long Casual & Co cardigan and the weird agate cross-sectioned necklace just two examples. I love the Michael Dawkins silver range and that seems to be phasing out now. The last thing I purchased, which is fab, was the Northern Nights orange flannel sheet set for my son. I have been tempted by the Epiphany silver range but that is it. I watch Ali K because I find her mesmerising - she can talk so fluently and so fast. I also quite like Julia because she can sometimes be so catty. Lulu and Tova are both watchable for all the wrong reasons and I would never buy any of their stuff.

I am darling! It's just that when you get wound up that's when you are at your most effective at averting Near Purchase Incidents! :mysmilie_61: :mysmilie_12:

Latest posts

Back