Molton Brown - What do you think?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I get my MB from Bicester Village too. My OH loves his Recharge Black Pepper Body Wash and I love the Rose Granati handwash.

I do feel quite insulted that QVC customers were not seen as "high end" enough for MB's new owners. My money is just as good as anyone elses. I fail to see how they can be making the same amount of money without their exposure on QVC.

The only products I really miss are the Rose Granati hand wash and the Eucalyptus body wash which is fantastic when you have a cold. However I realised the thing I liked most about the products was the smell which didn't even linger that much. The ingrediants ARE cheap, it's just SLS, water and artificial fragrance like you'd get in any old shower gel except it's £14 a bottle! And it left my skin dry and even with all the SLS didn't lather up well in my hard water house. Now I use A'kin which uses natural foaming agents (I think LE does too), my skin feels great and the smell is real. SO really I don't miss MB at all. If they still had the amazing TSV's I could see me being tempted but honestly now that it's not in front of me I never seek it out.

Tx

We buy very little MB now. Last couple of years we have gone to outlet at Cheshire Oaks while on holiday and stocked up on handwash there. We very rarely go into the MB shop here which is always empty!!! Whereas L'Occitane just across the road always has people in it.

I too used to love and miss the MB TSVs, but only buy now from Bicester or when there is a special offer. I had to buy the Recharge Black Pepper for a Christmas present, and on Saturday went into MB in Windsor. I was the only customer in there!

I went to the outlet at Bicester this weekend, because I happened to be down that end of the country, and spent £120. I didn't feel I got a lot for my money, but most of it is for gifts and my Christmas shopping is now more or less complete so I am happy enough. I wouldn't buy it at full price and there's no outlet store near here.

I still buy Molton Brown hand soap/lotion/shower gel but due to my circumstances, I buy online. In the past I've never found the shop to be that busy but my DD was in the shop on Saturday and it was really busy & they were spending time gift wrapping for Christmas. It will be interesting to see if the shop stays open after Christmas. Occasionally they send discount codes but it is very occasionally. I never tried any of the beauty items so can't really comment. QVC has lots of established named beauty brands that are equally as "high end" as Molton Brown so it was a bit short sighted and quite arrogant to ditch QVC.

I never cared for Molton Brown

and thought that it was vastly over-rated. Also the lady who presented the shows irritated me a bit. All that stuff about the showers gels smelling like Polar bears rolling in freshly fallen snow. Much prefer L'Occitane BUT I resisted yesterday. It was very difficult but I did it.

I did write on the other thread about the dreaded Heavenly Gingerlily. I always found their handwashes very drying to be honest, and hate the hand
lotions too.

I do still have some 500ml sizes of bath and shower gels, they used to do them twice a year for the price of the normal 300ml. Not full of course. I love the Sea Mineral Soak and have bought it since.

They did have a fabulous makeup range way back in the 90's, I use to travel to Glasgow HoF and stock up. QVC sold very limited makeup from MB, then they revamped it and revamped a year later and finally killed it off totally. Heck I still have two eyeshadow palettes going back to the 90's.

I like some MB stuff and still purchase it. The MB outlet shop in the Lowry Centre in Manchester was very busy last time I was there, and I got some lovely make-up and Thai Vert handwash and lotion, also sensual hanaleni shower gel and body lotion which is divine. Their new lifestyle stuff is way overpriced and is really just the usual lavender and chamomile doodah that every company puts into the so-called sleep enhancing products, and since they don't work for me I won't be spending a veritable fortune on them.
I really like the make-up and the wonderlips booster which I use every night.
I got bored with the constant repetition of kits on QVC, particularly the 7 piece heavenly radiance one which was wheeled out every couple of weeks. Having said that, though, QVC are guilty of doing that with some of the L'occitane kits now.
I would say that as much as MB may miss the large volume of sales generated on QVC, QVC will be missing the massive revenue brought in by MB, particularly the Christmas TSV which regularly sold 80,000+.

I used to buy a lot of Molton Brown products from QVC and always bought the Christmas TSV. I now only buy from Molton Brown during their summer sale which happens to coincide with my birthday (good excuse eh!) I've tried all their new bath and shower gels and I particularly love the Ambrusca one. I'll definitely be treating myself to another bottle of that for my birthday next year!

I am going to cheshire oaks on Thurs so I will report back then,I really want a eucalyptus,love it when I am tired or a bit sniffly,its the best.

I adore MB shower gels, and would be very unhappy if I didn't have at least one 300ml bottle of gingerlily on standby in my bathroom. The only L'Occitane that I like is the liquid soap and the solid soap. I think the hand and foot cream are rather gloopy. Still each to their own.

My favourite L'Occitane product is verbena, didn't buy the TSV yesterday as it did not contain it!

I think that Molton Brown was overpriced for what it was but did look cool in the bathroom. I had quite a stash of handwash and hand lotion and when they eventually ran out I refilled them with those cheap Bayliss & Harding ones! I think they're just as nice and everyone who visits my house obviously will think I'm 'upmarket' :speechless2:

I used to love MB, especially the Eucalyptus and Blissful Templetree but I refuse to pay £16ish for a shower gel, give me Soap and Glory any day. The HoF counter near me doesn't seem to sell anything at all and when I happen to go to the Bull Ring in B'ham I never see anyone in the MB shop. Let me know about Cheshire Oaks, Queenie, I'm planning to go there in a week or two but I remember the last time I went the prices weren't much lower considering it's an outlet.

I think there are 4 places that sell MB in Guildford and I never see anyone buying a thing. I do love Black Pepper for my husband which I decant into a Bayliss and Harding bottle because he thinks it's a waste of money going down the plug hole.

I used to be really keen on L'Occitane too but they have discontinued my fave scents. I used to love Sweet Lemon, Fig and Chestnut.

I used to love MB, especially the Eucalyptus and Blissful Templetree but I refuse to pay £16ish for a shower gel, give me Soap and Glory any day. The HoF counter near me doesn't seem to sell anything at all and when I happen to go to the Bull Ring in B'ham I never see anyone in the MB shop. Let me know about Cheshire Oaks, Queenie, I'm planning to go there in a week or two but I remember the last time I went the prices weren't much lower considering it's an outlet.

of course I will my love,I doubt it will be any cheaper but I really need a eucalyptus, I used all mine up the other week when I had a bad cold
I also love templetree but its now 16 quid a go like you say,the smaller ones from JL are good value when they are in the sale...you get 10X50 ml bottles for 20 quid :happy: you get 10 different ones which is nice...they look nice in the bathroom too!!

Last edited:
I think there are 4 places that sell MB in Guildford and I never see anyone buying a thing. I do love Black Pepper for my husband which I decant into a Bayliss and Harding bottle because he thinks it's a waste of money going down the plug hole.

I used to be really keen on L'Occitane too but they have discontinued my fave scents. I used to love Sweet Lemon, Fig and Chestnut.

Black Pepper is beautiful & my 2nd fave after Eucalyptus :wave2:

Sweet Lemon,Fig & Chestnut were absolutely gorgeous,I've still got a 500mls of Sweet Lemon shower cream to use,think I bought it last year when Alexis brought it back to QVC as a special.

Latest posts

Back