No More Nina on Leighton Denny Shows

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why was he given an MBE? for painting nails ? or was it something else ?

Good grief, the honours system is a joke.

Years ago, or should that be "yurs"? I heard Alison Young mocking Leightons accent more or less all through the hour, she kept saying "well a dunt knor" yes, THE eloquent Alison Young who can't even look at the right camera after twenty two yurs and pronounces longevity as lon-gev-ity instead of lon-jevity, mind you that's not because of her accent, it's because she's thick. So well done for Leighton and Nina for getting out, many are.

Yes I'm from Yorkshire and was tempted to call in and complain, to quote AY ''mebbe'' I should have. I can't bear to watch her, she is so rude sometimes.

That is a very high brow resignation speech for a brand rep on Selly Telly - I mean, I've seen presidents resign with less words in their statement!

Wouldn't a simple 'so long and watch out for me as I'm staying in the business...' have done just fine?

you took the words right out of my mouth!

I think LD and Nina were the most informative and professional guests on QVC - they really knew their business and were eager to give us the benefit of their knowledge,

I like LD's accent, found him easy to understand

If the company has been taken over maybe Nina has been offered a role with the 'beauty' division similar to what happened to the OPI guest after that company was bought out.

After ditching the gel nails which left my nails in awful condition I was desperate to find something to restore them & tried lots of products including a long time favourite OPI Nail Envy.Nothing worked until I tried LD Renovate & although are not very long are in much better condition.I buy from M&S & have never bought from QVC.

After ditching the gel nails which left my nails in awful condition I was desperate to find something to restore them & tried lots of products including a long time favourite OPI Nail Envy.Nothing worked until I tried LD Renovate & although are not very long are in much better condition.I buy from M&S & have never bought from QVC.

Snap!! I tweeted Leighton (I know, I cringe now) a couple of years ago for advice and he recommended a 14 day detox just using Renovate. I tried this after stopping the gel manicures, and discovering an allergy to something in nail polish, and after 10 days my nails were amazing! No more flaky ends, thus meaning nail polish now stays on. Incidentally, LD products are free from 3 of the nasty ingredients which cause damage and allergies - in case anyone else has this issue. I only use LD products now. Be a shame to see them leave Q as, although they are readily available, they do sell some good value kits.

Claire Sutton referred to Leighton's accent once - not in a mocking way, I think she genuinely hadn't understood something he had just said and then she mentioned his accent was quite distinctive. Leighton said, "You can talk - you don't speak anything like that off camera!" It did make me smile but Claire took it very well, even though she looked a bit embarrassed.

Claire's originally from Rochdale, I think, so it's probably a bit of good natured cross-Pennine rivalry. We still do the Wars of the Roses up here.

The only bit of LD I really have to have is the crystal nail file, I liked Nina and Leighton as guests, but they have moved on... lets hope to better things for them.

One of the best, will miss them. LD brand is brilliant got loads and better than most :mysmilie_50:

Claire's originally from Rochdale, I think, so it's probably a bit of good natured cross-Pennine rivalry. We still do the Wars of the Roses up here.

Yes my friends from Yorkshire were always taking the mickey about my Lancashire accent ..I once said something about barm cakes and had my leg pulled apparently they are called oven bottoms on the other side of the Pennines ... its the differences that make us what we are

well as a 'southerner', I had no trouble understanding Leighton!
I thought he and Nina made a good team, they were professional and informative, but friendly too - and my opinion is that without him, Nina seemed to lose some of her personality. But whatever her reasons for her leaving, I wish her well as she seems like a lovely lady.

Yes my friends from Yorkshire were always taking the mickey about my Lancashire accent ..I once said something about barm cakes and had my leg pulled apparently they are called oven bottoms on the other side of the Pennines ... its the differences that make us what we are
Well as we say, the best thing to come out of Yorkshire is the road into Lancashire :wink::wink:

I loved watching Leighton. It just won't be the same without him.

LOL I'm the only red rose in a large thorny patch of white in my family. They don't seem to hold it against me though.

I was very disappointed, but understood Leighton leaving, and I'm sad about Nina leaving - the direct link to Leighton is now lost completely... however I don't think she was very good on her own, unlike when she's on the other QVCs... I don't think it helped that QVC just used to sling on any old model with her, and none of the models they put her with had the confidence (or nice nails) of the girls who model for other brands (I'm thinking Funda, Emma and Rachel).

I don't think QVC will have the brand much longer. I see this as a final nail in the coffin of the relationship with the brand, sadly. First they ditched his Sunbelievable range, which was a lovely range of self-tan products, and the only one with a gel accelerator. I base my opinion on the fact that Deborah Lippman arrived hot on the heels of Leighton's departure, and now they have introduced several more new nail brands, including the latest discovery Little Ondine. You can have too many nail brands, and I think QVC have coldly made the decision that Leighton's brand is for the chop. I'll be looking forward to seeing anything remaining go onto last clicks and no more TSVs. I'd be happy to be proved wrong as I've been delighted with the quality of the polishes, and the other products in the range.

There's a Leighton Denny stall at the Beauty Bash so maybe there'll be previews of any final TSV offerings. If there aren't any I'd take it as a sure sign that the end is nigh. Leighton's BB display was always the best for showing the whole year's TSVs... no subtle hints or blank faces like other brands.

I didn't watch very often but I got the impression he didn't suffer fools gladly and would have called a spade a shovel.

You don't make a brand from nothing to national without having a bit of backbone and to give him credit he came on personally when all the rest fell by the wayside.

I did always wonder if that was his name or was he really Denny Lation:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back