Molton Brown TSV 25/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree Boffy, a good shower gel that fills the bathroom with beautiful fragrance can change me from a morning grumpy person to a happy one.

There are three things I cannot stand about MB, none of which is about the actual product!
1. That wretched brand ambassador who waves her arms about and uses all these set phrases like a robot but does not really have a grip on all the product detail cos she stumbles whenever she has to come off script.
2. All this London Via Brazil wherever crap. Just say it contains Brazilian x or Tunisian y. It sounds patronising to me as well. Oh how lucky you poor sods are to get a foreign ingredient!
3. The renaming. Clearly this hasn't worked as each time they show a bottle they have to say it used to be known as... And then give the old name. That is also true on the website. So why bother confusing everyone?

The constant explanation of the old names suggests strongly to me that their sales took a massive hit when they renamed everything.

Bit of advice for them there, I think. Unless you've reformulated and changed ingredients, don't change the name. Your existing customers know and love the range, and any new customers will get the hang of it quickly enough.

There are three things I cannot stand about MB, none of which is about the actual product!
1. That wretched brand ambassador who waves her arms about and uses all these set phrases like a robot but does not really have a grip on all the product detail cos she stumbles whenever she has to come off script.

I don't understand why they got an author to be the representative, it would make more sense to have someone who works for MB. BTW on Amazon the blurb for Julia's book includes praise from Jemma Forte (the aforementioned brand ambassador) and going more off topic there's even praise from that well known literary critic Lulu!

I don't understand why they got an author to be the representative, it would make more sense to have someone who works for MB. BTW on Amazon the blurb for Julia's book includes praise from Jemma Forte (the aforementioned brand ambassador) and going more off topic there's even praise from that well known literary critic Lulu!

It's pathetic, really. If a successful author (not Debbie Flint) was reviewing, I might be impressed. As it is, given how Julia has suddenly been gushing about Debbie on her blog, I'm expecting that a lot of the same reviewers will be giving her 5 star reviews as gave Debs them... and being cynical - maybe a lot of those will be on the back to you group...

Molton Brown guest is a new arrival for me, but rapidly climbing to the heights of Julian Bennett (Isaac Mizrahi) and Coral (Links of London) in the most disliked guest category. She was ill prepared to do her job - which is to give us facts about the products she was selling. She was boring, with a limited vocabulary of meaningless stock phrases (so I'm shocked to think she's an author, and shudder to think what the quality of her "literary" offerings is likely to be). She was distracting with all the hand-flapping and arm waving. If I want arm waving, I'll go on You Tube and cue up an early Kate Bush video.

Well it is not selling well.....when they started at midnight they said 1500 had sold before they came on air and just now they have said they have sold 6000.

one of my pleasures is nice body stuff from l'occy and occasionally molten brown. the experience of the fragances in the shower is well worth the money to me. i get around 40 showers at least from one bottle. worth every penny. the handwashes last 6 months or more.

Whilst I understand the point of view of people who talk about not spending money on something that goes down the drain I absolutely agree with you that if you get pleasure from using shower gel or body wash then it's well worth the money. If you think about how much a glass of wine or a fancy coffee costs then this doesn't seem that expensive considering how long it lasts. Having said that I won't be buying, if it was all body washes I would be tempted as I can keep those for myself but the hand washes would have to be shared, and I bought a lovely bottle of Jo Malone perfume last week so can't justify this.

I used the pink pepper wash in the shower this morning and my OH used the black pepper in his. They left both bathrooms smelling lovely. Will take the Templetree to the caravan to use there. Was disappointed there was no Gingerlily as that is my all time fave.

I used to buy Molton Brown from QVC years ago. However not buying this time as it contains handwashes (which are not a patch on L'Occitsne liquid soap) and although I would have been tempted with a set of shower gels unfortunately they included the 2 Pepper ones which I really cannot stand. So it fails my TSV rule that I must use at least 90% of what's included. At a push 80% provided I can sell the surplus on eBay.

Well it is not selling well.....when they started at midnight they said 1500 had sold before they came on air and just now they have said they have sold 6000.

I would have bought it if it had been on Easy Pay.

Would love to get this but having bought the Liz Earle TSV last week l can't really justify it. I am another person who just loves nice bath products, my daily evening bath is my favourite time of the day! To relax in a bath of beautifully scented bubbles is heaven for me. Oh dear, l have almost convinced myself that l need to go for this!!!

I know they have to wax lyrical about the products they are selling, but for heavens' sake ! they must think their audience are a right load of muppets if they think we believe that old toffee about London via Brazil or Siam or whatever ! Its like a box of chocolates with the menu of ingredients saying "lemons from Spain", "vanilla from Zanzibar (?) " - who ****** cares ? the choccys get eaten whether the lemons are from a market stall in St Albans or the local Morrisons, and you have a shower and smell nice, simples !!!

I recorded the midnight show and was amazed that windmill arms woman could not even give the shelf life! Forget the London via Southend crap, dear, give us the info we need. She finally managed to say 12 months unopened, corrected to opened, and JF had to check the unopened. Windmill just said oh ages!

Well l have still resisted!! Can't believe there's still stock available! It's obviously not been the bid seller they expected. As someone else said, l recon easy pays would have swung it for a lot more folk. Does anyone else think the beauty TSV's have been like buses recently? Nothing for ages then quite a few all at once!

This London via Tahiti nonsense really gets on my tits too! I understand the logic behind it, in that your being transported to a different place in your daily shower, but really it's utter poppycock. Beyond insulting it's just stupid and they really need to drop it.

With regard to the body lotions they were reformulated when they were renamed and are a lot better but still very light hydators. They thankfully removed the isopropyl mystrate which was in all the previous formulations and is a long known pore blocker.

They must be concerned why this tsv didn`t sell out because I`ve just received a questionnaire about it from Q.

I received the same questionnaire Vienna. Since leaving Q l've found better, more affordable brands and said so.

Latest posts

Back