Molton Brown TSV 25/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Alexis said the same to me this year. I asked why we always had the same fragrances and she replied honestly that's that what Q wanted. Shame really. Q could at least try some different items on advance orders if they are worried about being left with unsold stock.

Shame nobody actually surveyed the customers! Sales figures are not the same as asking folks what they would like to buy. It's not variety, it's not choice, it's stick-in-the-mud stagnation.

I think so many kept asking/pleading QVC to bring back Molton Brown, they just thought no matter what it will sell by the shed load.

Its a wonder there wasn't an earthquake as the QVC heads fainted at it not selling that well.

Wonder how many they ordered in???? Bet it was at least 20,000 and if as someone said only around 6/7000 sold, WOW what a big slap for them. Mostly what I was reading on the Facebook page was, I would buy if on easy pay can't afford it at the moment. So if Molton Brown didn't allow easy pay they shot themselves in the foot. Also I really think because people keep on about the old days and prices of Molton Brown TSVs, they are shocked at the current prices nearly £50 including shipping in one go.

QVC as I have said many many times are dinosaurs, they just will not or cannot seem to move forward with how their customers want and prefer to shop in the 21st century. They may well be the UK's biggest shopping channel, but they are getting the crap kicked out of them by online retailers, with free shipping as the normal and monthly deals of 10-25% off depending. Even Molton Brown themselves do loads of deals of free shipping and 30% off. That was another thing being mention on QVC FB page, Molton Brown have a deal on go buy there, you pick what you want.

molton brown is not a cheap brand. £18 for shower gel is quite expensive for 300ml. so the tsv was not bad pricewise considering for 4 full sized products and 2 good travel sizes. the problem i have is if they put handlotion or body lotion in the tsv i dont like thier cream/lotion formulations.

maybe peoples expectations are much higher now when we have elemis with fabulous tsv's at rock bottom prices. maybe the days of molton brown are numbered not just at qvc but in general.

qvc will sell of the kits eventually with easy pays but not at the tsv price.

For me it was the price and the choice of 2 Pepper shower gels. They should have left out the black pepper one. The price, for only 300ml is just not worth it. The quality of MB is not that good. Maybe if they had included super size bottles (I know they used to do 500ml in the stores in the January sales years back. ) If L'Occitane can do supersizs why can't MB? L'Occitane products outshine MB in my opinion.

Molton Brown still do supersize in the sales at £22.00 these are currently available in the outlets also at £22.00.

mb is not my fav brand. i much prefer l'occitane. practically everything they do is of a very high standard. but i liked the mb tsv. as i have not bought any mb from qvc for many years its made a bit of a change. they last a long time and i love the scents. maybe if gingerlilly was in there it could have swung it

It surprises me that people are saying 'if only there'd been Gingerlily in it ...'
I seem to remember the presence of the ubiquitous Gingerlily was the major cause for complaint about past TSVs!

i am not a avid lover of gingerlilly but its quite popular hence qvc putting it in the last dozen or so tsv's. like i said it will sell at an introductory price with several easy pays ......eventually. glad i have got mine.

I would have been more tempted if the TSV had only been shower gels. I'm not prepared to pay for really expensive hand wash for other people to use but showers gels would have been mine and mine only!

Not keen on the templetree so didn't buy this even though I love the pepper ones. I buy them in the duo. I might have been tempted on easy pay as it was a lot to pay at one go. Went right off the gingerlily as everyone seemed to buy it for me at one time and I had half a dozen big bottles to use.

CC

I was so tempted to buy the TSV and would have done if it had been on easy pay. I would definitely have bought it if the hand washes had been shower gels. Like many people I really don't like their body lotions so they were not missed. At the moment I am loving the SBC collagen shower creme.

I was so tempted to buy the TSV and would have done if it had been on easy pay. I would definitely have bought it if the hand washes had been shower gels. Like many people I really don't like their body lotions so they were not missed. At the moment I am loving the SBC collagen shower creme.

I agree with everything you say! You have no idea how much l ummed and aahed! Had it been at the start of the month l wouldn't have hesitated. I am very disappointed it was not on easy pays.

I hope the powers that be might read this and realise they have made some big mistakes with this TSV! They also need to realise that a lot of us can't really afford more than one beauty TSV a month. There have been far too many recently. At one point l wouldn't have cared and just ordered willy nilly but those days are long gone! I am far more careful how l spend my hard earned cash nowadays!

its not just the beauty tsv's that are tempting its all the other special price kits, product of the month. elemis 25th anniversary box sets etc etc etc

Latest posts

Back