Molton Brown Bargains

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’m probably going to be shot down over this…
But would anyone truly pay £27 for a shower gel? I know it’s MB and it’s very nice shower gel, and I love it as much as anyone but £27!
I thought they were getting expensive when they went over £20, and that really doesn’t seem that long ago… I know the sets are very good value, and offer a good saving if you would pay that amount…. but for me, MB are starting to price themselves out of reach.
Just hope QVC do some more of those four bottle sets.

But would anyone truly pay £27 for a shower gel? I know it’s MB and it’s very nice shower gel, and I love it as much as anyone but £27!
I thought they were getting expensive when they went over £20, and that really doesn’t seem that long ago… I know the sets are very good value, and offer a good saving if you would pay that amount…. but for me, MB are starting to price themselves out of reach.
No, I totally agree. I think £17.50 a bottle would be my absolute limit if it was something I really, really wanted to try but I'd never pay £20.00 per bottle never mind £27.00, I don't care how good or nice it is.

No, I totally agree. I think £17.50 a bottle would be my absolute limit if it was something I really, really wanted to try but I'd never pay £20.00 per bottle never mind £27.00, I don't care how good or nice it is.
Exactly. I think that’s about my maximum figure too. At the end of the day, it’s going down the plug hole like any other shower gel!

✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

My limit was £12, then £13. It’s £16 only for something hard to find or that I love and I’m unlikely to see cheaper, but so far I haven’t needed to go that high.

Wait for the Black Friday offers from other retailers. I bought my Christmas gift sets from lookfantastic last year for a great price.
They’ve still got Some really nice sets, two bottles for £28.
There is currently 15% off MB on the John Lewis website and this includes the advent calendar and the new limited edition Christmas fragrance merry berries & mimosa.
I was looking at both… 😂

ik know plemnty who spend more on shower gel than MB
If they are lucky enough to have the disposable income to do that, fair enough. I think for many, though, there will be decisions to make about what is reasonable to spend on toiletries.
It's always a good idea to have a red line price for items which can be substituted for other products... even gifts.
I always set myself a budget and if I can find good quality products by well loved brands at a lower price, I will do that.
My big dilemma this year is a friend who is a massive L'Occitane shea fan, particularly the bathing products. I need an alternative!

mum i feel is going to be giving it me for xmas & ive smelt that dark one today & the lady in the shop after i washed my hands sprayed the perfume on my wrist & i can still smell it now at least 9hrs later
They'd sold out of both the perfume and eau de toilette when I was in JL, which is always a good sign. I really did like the smell of the shower gel so I can only imagine how nice the perfume is.

I shall definately buy the upcoming TSV in my very humble opinion there is not another brand that comes anywhere close to the quality and long lasting fragrance as one gets with Molton Brown. I was only 3 years married when it was launched, and you had to get to London to buy it, way long before the QVC days!

Latest posts

Back