Menopause Your Way

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If anyone bought those "leakproof" pants and then found they leaked, they could send them back free for a full refund.

I pity the person who then buys them as an unchecked outlet bargain, because despite QVC saying they check returns, we all know they don't.

If anyone bought those "leakproof" pants and then found they leaked, they could send them back free for a full refund.

I pity the person who then buys them as an unchecked outlet bargain, because despite QVC saying they check returns, we all know they don't.
🤭🤣

What did everyone think of panorama last night?
I recorded and watched it earlier.

As usual with these programmes they ask a question, give a little info then leave us all hanging.

Since I've been using HRT (and, boy, did I have a job getting it!), the Newson Clinics have exploded. Which shows there are a LOT of desperate women out there.

I'd seen Louise Newson on shows and appreciated her shedding light on HRT and how to get it. I'd already been fighting to get it for a long time. I did not want to take a pill as I'm aware they can cause more problems than a topical. I'd heard of gels and was interested to hear Lorraine was using them. I did my research - mainly the Menopause Matters forum, but also from my cousin who is a nurse in the USA - went back to the GP who pulled out the BNF, ran her finger down the page, went past Oestrogen and told me there was no such thing. Pills or go away.

Not being one to put up with crap from a GP who'd rocked up in her running gear and obviously thought all ills are cured by exercise (which being on crutches and overweight I clearly didn't do), I asked for a referral. And got one. To a female gynae who told me menopause only lasts 2 years and women only want HRT to make themselves attractive to younger men.

I was truly offended by this! I have no interest in attracting younger men (Mr.AE is younger than me anyway).

I eventually found a (sane) gynae who listened and prescribed the HRT that suits me at the lowest dose I'm good on, along with regular scans as my nan had endometrial cancer and she didn't want to take risks (though I'm way overdue thanks to Covid and a struggling NHS).

I do think Panorama did a bit of a crap job and could have signposted women to more services and been a bit more helpful than just labouring the point that Newson clinics aren't all they're cracked up to be. Though they did also mention the explosion in meno snake oil and its sellers so that was a good thing.

Latest posts

Back