Mally TSV 6/4/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love it when they say if your colour is out of stock you could buy two different shades and mix them. Errrr no thanks!

Or the colours are very forgiving so buy another shade if yours has gone! The trouble I have had over the years getting the right shade, I certainly wouldn't deliberately buy the wrong shade!!!!

I must admit Mally isn`t the only person who can`t match foundations. I tried the YSL Touche Eclat foundation when it came out and the sales girl gave me a mini makeover in Debenhams. She was most offended when I told her the shade she`d applied was way too orange and made me look like an Oompa Loompa. The Clinique sales girl once did the same too. Are they all blind ?
There`s no way I`d wear a foundation which didn`t match my skin tone.

I really like the YSL Touche Elcat foundation, great SA in House of Fraser tried three shades on me and even gave me them in Try Mes to take home and try to decide in day light. Turns out I was a BR30(I am usually one of the paler shades) so was shocked to get that suggested to me. Even though is rosy toned it gives me warmth.

I once had a By Terry makeup artist look at me and say shade 8(I freaked, no way!!!), you mean 2 or 3 I asked?? No shade 8 and it was correct. Another SA at a Lancome counter told me most UK buyers prefer to wear a darker shade than their natural shade. I told her no, I want matched to my real skin tone thank you.

I still haven't found a shade I am happy with. As you said Vienna, the sales assistants seem to favour the orange or chestnut tan shade if asked. It is all far too expensive for these mistakes. I have found some happy to give samples and others not. When I asked at various Clinique counters (I was seriously wanting to buy) I was continually told they had no small pots to put the samples in. My local boots Clinique will give samples but she favours the very heavy made up look and keeps pressuring me to go for shades I am not happy with.

Managed to get the eye shadow sticks. Got to say, they are fab. Looking forward to trying the blue, especially as a liner.

I think I have given up on finding a foundation match, after 30 years of looking. Nowadays I habitually cocktail two or three brands at the same time. I'm getting much more realistic looking skin that way!

Yesterday, it was McNamara concealer and skin transformer + BnB
The day before it was Mally face defender foundation + bare essentials matte

None of them match my skin, but together, they are workable.

I want the face defender. I sweat soooo much with menopause that this will help a lot. I also like the brow pencil. the eyeshadow is ok but the eyeshadow base is awful. the lip gloss gloopy and stringy. and not fussed about the mascara and I have several liners In many guises...what to do

I like the look of the face defender but not sure i need it as i never seem to sweat with my bare minerals foundation even in our heatwave last summer

Buy 2, buy 3!!!! guess the presenter..... it wouldn't be Debbie Market Trader Flint would it?

Does DF think everyone has bags of money she is so desperate for sale £80 for two TSV'S. According to her you are saving on p&p so grab a few before they sell out.

Yes I caught the get two(when flicking over in ad breaks), I thought you stupid cow £80 for something you insist(Face Defender) lasts for ever!!!

If I wanted to spend that amount on make up I would go for one really great highend product that really WOWed me. Or a bottle of perfume. But I would look on dear old ebay for a bargain first.

She is unbearable to watch lately. I noticed it didn't sell out! Despite all the heavy flogging!

It's still in the Founders' Day list at the TSV price and with free p&p for those who still want it.

Face defender does not last for ages. I have been using it a couple of years on a daily basis and I am using my 3rd one.

Great TSV for die hard Mally fans like me who want to buy what they use all the time.

Not so good for those who got the last TSV (which did sell out). Those who like to try new products will have been disappointed this time.

I kind of want it but I just cant buy it I don't know why ...I think its because I bought the bobbi brown oto last week and I love it so much. I have to agree with donna though

I notice there are loads of newly listed Face defenders on Ebay today. Probably people flogging it off out of their tsv but surely they can`t even have received their tsv yet ?

It depends whether they've taken their own photo or lifted one from the QVC website for their listing. The face defender was in another recent TSV so maybe they do have it in stock already. The danger of bidding on listings where the seller hasn't received their item from Q yet, is that we all know parcels can arrive damaged, with items missing or not at all. I prefer to buy the item actually in the photo so I can see what I'm getting.

I got the face defender in February and have only started to use it everyday very recently but I notice that already there are two "holes" which makes me realise if you were using it every day, and more than once, it wouldn't last long (perhaps I am expecting too much?)

Latest posts

Back