Mally TSV 6/4/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was interested in the new powder primer in the US version but seeing as we're not getting it, I'm out!

Me too, I was really keen to try the primer. Disappointed we get the face defender again. Shame, as I love the packaging, but not going to purchase this time.

Same here, definite no from me, and I know that this is one I won't weaken on at all, as there is far too much repetition from the last TSV. I bought the previous TSV as I wanted to try the Face Defender as it had had good reviews on here, but I absolutely do not get it at all. I much prefer my Laura Mercer Invisible Setting Powder. The other reason that I bought the last TSV is that I had just finished my much loved Autograph eyebrow pencil (unfortunately the one I used was discontinued) so was needing a new Brow pencil. Whilst I think the Mally brow product formulation is ok, I hate the format of the big, chubby crayon. I have to use mine with a slim eye brush as I want to use a brow product to help with brow shape and definition, not just colour. If I'd wanted to use a brush, I would have bought a brow product that is meant to be used with a brush. Looking at the models, there is absolutely no way that those really defined brows have been achieved by just using that really chubby crayon straight out of the bullet.

That previous Mally TSV is the first real dud that I've bought. I'm keeping on using the FD as I hate waste, I think I'm going to buy a small sponge to keep in the compact and I'll keep it in my handbag for touching up during the day and maybe in 5 years, I'll finally get through it!

I'm out . I usually look forward to Mally's tsvs. This looks like it's a lazy collection.

I'm not overly impressed with the demo. Caked stiff eyelashes, boring nude lip, even more boring taupe shadow, why would you pay £40 for this? The whole face looks flat.

Definitely not for me this time. Far too much like recent offerings. Boring!!
Not even vaguely tempted & I usually get sucked in by Mally TSVs even when I don't mean to but this time there is not one thing in it to tempt.

Some people on FB want it just for the bag. Ridiculous ! It`s a bog standard makeup bag and you could buy similar from Superdrug or Boots. People must be nuts paying almost £40 cos they like the bag ...

I went for it to top up on my everyday stuff. Use Face defender, brow fix and lip gloss every day. Love the eyeshadow. Love the bag. Don't really need another eyeliner or mascara but got it as a cheap way of buying my staple items.
i wish Mally would do a TSV with a primer in Glow, eye primer, Ultimate performance foundation and a "perfecr red" lipstick in cool, neutral or warm. That would be something really different for me.

Some people on FB want it just for the bag. Ridiculous ! It`s a bog standard makeup bag and you could buy similar from Superdrug or Boots. People must be nuts paying almost £40 cos they like the bag ...

Crazy isn't it.

Very orange, isn't foundation meant to match your skin?
I despair at the intelligence of people buying this for just the bag.
Mally in full screech mode this morning, I had to switch off before the end of the hour, my ears needed a rest.

Is it me, or do the models in the "after" shots all look rather.....orange?!
I tested Mally's foundation in different shades at the BBash and all shades are yellow based, with no pink undertones, so not suitable for everyone, definitely not for me.

I tested Mally's foundation in different shades at the BBash and all shades are yellow based, with no pink undertones, so not suitable for everyone, definitely not for me.

Stupid statement. My skin is yellow toned but DD pink. Very bored of Mally.

I'd had a review of Mally Brow Fix planned for my blog, I have bought it forward and published it, if anyone is interested http://www.dipsdelectus.com/2014/04/review-swatches-mally-brow-fix-in-taupe.html

Dips you took the words right outta my mouth! It is too warm a shade and unlike the YBF brow liner it doesn't alter to create different shades with extra pressure. Your brows are similar to mine; in their natural state mine are less visible as they're sparse and blonde (kinda colourless!) so the fat crayon just doesn't work for me. The models she uses seem to have quite well shaped full brows (and already wearing the product) as she wafts a single light stroke across their brows in her demos!

i wish Mally would do a TSV with a primer in Glow, eye primer, Ultimate performance foundation and a "perfecr red" lipstick in cool, neutral or warm. That would be something really different for me.

I'd definitely buy this!

In all the after photos the models looked very yellow, some of them had quite pinky toned skins in the before photos but they all looked yellow after having foundation applied. It looked quite odd to me and I did wonder if the lighting had been changed but maybe it was just the products. I heard them say that your foundation didn't need to match your skin, but surely it needs to match the good bits so it can even out the not so good bits so it all looks ok.

Latest posts

Back