Mally TSV 6/4/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got the face defender in February and have only started to use it everyday very recently but I notice that already there are two "holes" which makes me realise if you were using it every day, and more than once, it wouldn't last long (perhaps I am expecting too much?)

But it's suppose to last forever!!! lol! ;)

They must not of sold as much as they wanted. Reviews are poor on QVC.COM website a lot of people complaining of broken parts and the mascara is waterproof which was not mentioned on air or any presentations on the US. I think they removed the new primer because not many people seemed to like it.

No one's jumping to the phones Miss Ali! :smirk:

Edit: It's just gone up to £56...still free p&p though so very tempting :mysmilie_19:

My TSV came this morning and I am overall really impressed with it. I can't wait to use it.

However, the Eyeshadow and Shadow Base pallet is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. It looked a lot bigger on the video that was posted on here and when I watched the presentation (although I must admit I only watched the 1st TSV presentation at midnight and then went to bed).

Mine came today.
Don't know if anyone else is having the same problem but I can't open the face defender compact! Not at all, can't budge it!
Eventually got a knife & levered it open, closed it & tried again with fingers....nothing! I can't carry a knife around to open the stupid thing.

Mine came today.
Don't know if anyone else is having the same problem but I can't open the face defender compact! Not at all, can't budge it!
Eventually got a knife & levered it open, closed it & tried again with fingers....nothing! I can't carry a knife around to open the stupid thing.

Sorry to hear that. I would be so frustrated. Ring QVC & complain. I have just tried mine to see if I have the same problem, but I don't.

Mine came today.

I had a similar problem with Mally concealer. You may not be able to do this if you have long nails, though! Put the palm of your hand on top of the case with the hinge towards back of hand. Then hook your nails in to the opening and lever it open. I found this easier than a knife but I have short, neat nails. Good luck!

My friend had the same problem and got a swap from QVC, but it was when she bought it as a single item.

Seems the face defender is defending itself from being opened!

Now you know why Mally calls her stuff bullet proof. You need a machine gun to get into them !

Mine arrived this morning.

My Face Defender opens easily-all of my previous ones have too. But my ultimate performance professional foundation (which is in the same packaging as FD) is very difficult to open-so see if this can be exchanged.

Love the kit. The eyeshadow and shadowbase is gorgeous and is exactly what I would choose to buy in a store.

Eyeliner gives a lovely fine line.

As usual the brow fix is brilliant (nb you tickle your brows with it for best results-not draw heavily like a crayon.)

The lipgloss is a gorgeous shade of natural pink. Again best applied lightly.

My usual Mally blush in "lighter" and Mally mascara (not opening the new Mascara yet).

Finally face defender dabbed very lightly all over face.

I am very pleased as it's a natural, polished look as usual which is why I have used Mally every day since I first tried it. No touch ups required all day except for the lipgloss after eating.

Bag is beautiful bonus. Very pretty pattern, prettier than I have seen in shops. Looks hard wearing though expect tye pattern will fade. Zip does not look very sturdy and bag has a cheap pink lining- nothing fancy- and 2 handy pockets inside for compacts or sponges.

It's a great value kit- I recommend it for those who want to give the brand a try.

I didn't go for the TSV this time around but I got the face defender in the last one and I have to take a sharp object to get it opened each time, which I suppose is slightly better than something not closing properly.

I thought that TSV was grossly overpackaged by Q but ordered the brow fix duo and they arrived just shoved into a jiffy bag.But then it was free P&P!!!

I'm thinking of returning it. Can't be pfaffed struggling with the compact.
Was mad really to buy it with the same face defender & brow thingy as the last TSV, which I also bought. Plus I don't like the mascara as much as her usual one, mine is really watery & I'm finding this eyeliner really scratchy on my lids. Like the lipgloss but I have lots of those. The shadow is ok, nice colour but a bit too shiny really, & I don't really need that either after the Christmas TSV that had the three palettes with base in as well.

Love mally's range. Bullet proof it ain't. I walk up a steel hill in the morning. Mally's eye primer and shadows melt. Disappointing!

Latest posts

Back