Mally TSV 24/11/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wish her eye shadow colours weren't so 'dull' and had a bit more vibrancy to them
I personally think the plums especially give a bruised, black-eye look!

Her mascaras are very good however :mysmilie_857:

Maybe the glosses should be more universal. For example, if she put together a nude, rose, and red, at least with the first two shades buyers would be able to darken them down with their own lipstick (browns or burgundy) rather than being stuck with a very dark gloss thats more or less useless to some

I very nearly bought it to split up as gifts. Then when I saw that including P&P it's just shy of £50 (!) Even if I give some away it is just not worth it. I have the lovely nude pallette from the last TSV. I use the eyeshadow sticks daily out of choice. I already have a few pencils and just bought the bargain hunter and the set of eye sticks OTO. I already have 4 spare mascaras and 4 lip glosses. Whilst I adore Mally make up-the colours and textures really are outstanding.... truth be known £50 is £50 :0 and I have sufficient beauty items in my stash to make up lovely gifts for my female friends and save money to boot.

I cant comment on the Quality of Mally porducts as ive never used them however I think £50 is way too expensive for a TSV so close to Xmas, the fact is has been available to order early and that its being launched at 10pm indicates they have a lot of stock to sell, unlike the Elemis TSV that was great value for money , I cant see newbies to the Mally range buying this TSV , of course people that have bought Mally in the past will buy this as they will be aware of the quality of her products.

I think Mally has missed a trick here , she has her TSV before the Laura Geller one , so could have converted some people onto her range , sadly not with this TSV and price.

1mascara full size is £17.50 - there are 3 full size lipsticks, 3 full size liners, and the 3 shadow palettes as well - I'm not complaining about value for money.

1mascara full size is £17.50 - there are 3 full size lipsticks, 3 full size liners, and the 3 shadow palettes as well - I'm not complaining about value for money.

True but having bought the last 2 Mslly TSV's and not being one to "trowel it on" this would not be value for money for me. If there had been eyeshadow sticks instead of pallettes then I would have been first in the queue but I got what I wanted in the OTO and bargain hunters. I have 4 Mascaras in stock pile so to me that is a whole years worth. Just in time for next Christmas' TSV!!

The TSV is very clever; the idea of splitting for gifts and still keeping a few bits for oneself grants viewers permission to buy with an altruistic rather than a selfish reasoning. How much of it is actually kept remains to be seen.

I speak from experience of buying skincare TSVs and then realising that none of my close family and friends knew anything about Elemis and a couple of stingy looking silver tubes might have a ml for ml value of £38 but to the uninformed they looked like free samples so I kept them myself and bought a gift set from Boots or similar instead.

Make up is such a personal thing you have to know someone's taste really well to buy for them. The only person I'd buy slap for is my 17 year old daughter, and then only if she virtually told me what she needs.

I've justified ordering because I love the mascara (though Instant Impact Mascara Mally did in a TSV is better still), I'll probably keep 2 or all 3 shadow palettes and I actually like the look of the plummy lip colour). DD can have one or two of the eye pencils.

There 3 "Hail Mallys" and 1 "Our Laura" and I'm absolved and my conscience is clear!

The TSV is very clever; the idea of splitting for gifts and still keeping a few bits for oneself grants viewers permission to buy with an altruistic rather than a selfish reasoning. How much of it is actually kept remains to be seen.

I speak from experience of buying skincare TSVs and then realising that none of my close family and friends knew anything about Elemis and a couple of stingy looking silver tubes might have a ml for ml value of £38 but to the uninformed they looked like free samples so I kept them myself and bought a gift set from Boots or similar instead.

Make up is such a personal thing you have to know someone's taste really well to buy for them. The only person I'd buy slap for is my 17 year old daughter, and then only if she virtually told me what she needs.

I've justified ordering because I love the mascara (though Instant Impact Mascara Mally did in a TSV is better still), I'll probably keep 2 or all 3 shadow palettes and I actually like the look of the plummy lip colour). DD can have one or two of the eye pencils.

There 3 "Hail Mallys" and 1 "Our Laura" and I'm absolved and my conscience is clear!

I agree about the gifting part of it , Anyone who doesn't watch QVC wouldn't know who Mally was so giving them a gift of Mally products would be waste tbh.. And Flying Pigs I said that Mally fans would buy this as they know about the Quality of her products , people that haven't tried Mally before are unlikely to spend £50 on this TSV.

I am going to resist this although I am a convert to Mally, and loved the last two Tsvs, none of my friends would have a clue who Mally is and how good her make up is, and I would not like to choose make up for them, as Akimbo has so put so well in the above post, I was hoping for a less "eye" orientated Tsv, and am determined not to be tempted, :angel:

I agree Autumn-I had been weighing up whether to buy the ' CityChic ' palette as I liked the eyeshadows so much in the last TSV' Easy On The Eye'. This TSV has two repeat colours Whipped Cream and Shimmering Taupe ( not counting the base) and the Whipped Cream is the one I have used the most , down to the tray in one bit! This TSV also has the mascaras, lippies and eyeliners which makes it better value for me than the 'City Chic' which is £40 just for the shadows. I will keep the palette with the Whipped Cream definitely and possibly the purple shades -I don't need the eyeliners or the mascaras and as I got the Stila lipglazes I don't need the lippies. I can split those into 3 stocking fillers for my niece, sister and son's partner.

I agree Autumn-I had been weighing up whether to buy the ' CityChic ' palette as I liked the eyeshadows so much in the last TSV' Easy On The Eye'. This TSV has two repeat colours Whipped Cream and Shimmering Taupe ( not counting the base) and the Whipped Cream is the one I have used the most , down to the tray in one bit! This TSV also has the mascaras, lippies and eyeliners which makes it better value for me than the 'City Chic' which is £40 just for the shadows. I will keep the palette with the Whipped Cream definitely and possibly the purple shades -I don't need the eyeliners or the mascaras and as I got the Stila lipglazes I don't need the lippies. I can split those into 3 stocking fillers for my niece, sister and son's partner.

Exactly this is my point you have used the products before so you realise the value and quality of this Tsv, where as someone like me who hasn't, sees £50 and thinks sod that lol

TSV launched just a few seconds ago and I`m already sick of hearing AY`s voice. Time for my bed ...

i bought a few Mally products a few years ago. I love her eye shadows and her blusher sets but i cant get on with the mascara, i don't really like black eye liner and I had a bad reaction to her lip glosses when they were about 6 months/a year old.
I am getting the Try me essentials set mainly to give the foundation a shot. Black liner is always popular with teenage girls and i will give the mascara another go.

I don't go for Mally & when I have ordered items I have been returned.The main reason is that the models ( especially 'our Tiff) look so heavily made up.I like the lighter touch of Bobbi Brown but having said that I have a BB eye & lip colour palette which is so much the other way it doesn't have any impact! I was tempted by the TSV ( Ms Fickle that I am!) but am resisting so I don't add to my already heavily loaded makeup stash.I think is appears great value for those breaking up for GIFTING!!!

Latest posts

Back