Mally TSV 22/2/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How many "brightening" concealers does one make up range need? There's already the yellow baby poop in a pot or a pen, the colourless eye primer and the eye gel that also is "brightening". Also there's the Cancellation Conditioning Cream Concealer that "helps to create brightness", "Glowing" foundation (in two sizes!), there's the two stage Cancellation Concealer system with "Eye Light" setting powder, and the 24/7 Instant Erase system with a loose setting powder in a dabber, then there's the Instant Impact Eye Brightener (also comes with powder) and I spotted there's a duo of "Ultimate Performance Brightener & Hydrator", not forgetting the LightWand (it's not a pale eye shadow at a higher price for a smaller amount, honest!). Sorry if I've missed any out Mally, no doubt they all work, they're all bullet-proof and none of them show up lines or wrinkles on models like Tiff, Terri or Sharon (the one with dark hair on the launch of the TSV)...or even out Miss Ali! Imagine if you layered them all...not just your dark circles would disappear but half your cheeks too! :mysmilie_13:

LOL ! Akimbo - you get 10/10 for just remembering the names of all the products !!!! it sounds like part of the manual from hell - the Beauty Bible !!!

I am still looking for the perfect mascara. I only put the stuff on my top lashes, AND (as a tip from top beautician) I dab some powder under my lower lashes to prevent 'leakage' from the top. BUT after a couple of hours I look in the mirror and I look like a panda - a smudgy line of black under my lower lid has appeared. So, I find myself continually finger wiping my bottom lid in case smudging has occurred. When you're on a 'hot' lunch date it ain't a good look !!

ANY IDEAS ????

Hi Brissles, I had the same problem with mascara, and I also only use it on top lashes.

Estee Lauder Double Wear lengthening mascara stays in place for hours, maybe not an entire day, but certainly for several hours.
It's not particularly lengthening however, despite it's name, but I don't want that look anyway. I just need one to stay on, and this is the only one I've found that actually does. :nod:

Miss Ali appears to worships at the shrine of brightening and clearly believes that you can never have too much of a good thing. If she gets any brighter we'll need sunglasses to watch her.

LOL ! Akimbo - you get 10/10 for just remembering the names of all the products !!!! it sounds like part of the manual from hell - the Beauty Bible !!!

Not a memory test because they're all still visible on the Q website (apart from the one with 2 metal compacts - one cream and one powder which I own but rarely use). How would anyone know which would work for them apart from ordering and returning and risking "The Letter"? Madness to have so many brightening products in one brand surely?

edit: correction - that set of 2 compacts concealer is also on the website!

Brissells. I've been using Benefit's 'they're real'. I bought a sampler set from eBay to try the porefessioal concealer and it was included with it. I have been wearing it since 7am this morning and no panda eyes. It is expensive though at £19.50 not sure I would pay that but I will be buying the porefessional concealer when I go through duty free next week.

eBay have the 8.5g of mascara for £5.99 and free postage
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Benefit-T...308?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35e495c934

:confused:Bit odd
In the TSV there is Evercolour Starlight Liner in Midnight, described as " deep black"
In the Mally 6 Piece Guide to Gorgeous Eyes there is Evercolour Starlight Liner in Midnight, described as "deep blue" :confused: Pardon?? So which is it? Are we supposed to guess?

The no7 gold mascara is fab but a bigger to get off! No smudges at all and I always smudge! You could even just use it on bottom lashes and use the rest of your mascara up!

Hi Brissles, I had the same problem with mascara, and I also only use it on top lashes.

Estee Lauder Double Wear lengthening mascara stays in place for hours, maybe not an entire day, but certainly for several hours.
It's not particularly lengthening however, despite it's name, but I don't want that look anyway. I just need one to stay on, and this is the only one I've found that actually does. :nod:

The no7 gold mascara is fab but a bigger to get off! No smudges at all and I always smudge! You could even just use it on bottom lashes and use the rest of your mascara up!

It's a tubing mascara so you remove it differently to traditional mascaras, put your fingers in warm water and then gently roll your lashes between the mascara, comes off straight away.

I use Chanel Le Volume mascara - I got a free sample last year and have used it since. Never ever thought I'd pay such a price (£25) but it is worth every penny. Just don't tell the hubster!!

Oooo ! thanks ladies, I've taken a note of them all, and just may work my way through them all. I'm currently using L'Oreal double lash, cos I love the brush, but I'll try anything to stop looking like a clown !

It's a tubing mascara so you remove it differently to traditional mascaras, put your fingers in warm water and then gently roll your lashes between the mascara, comes off straight away.

Yeh I use a flannel with hot water which I hold to my eyes to soften and loosen but when I really can't be arsed with a full routine and want to use miscellar water it's pants lol!

Mally almost had a wardrobe malfunction in her much loved designer DVF wrap dress today... get a safety pin girl!!
Nearly an exciting moment for the 'underground' QVC female presenter cleavage hunters (allegedly the reason why JR decided to cover up on air)

Not sure what I should post on... this Mally frock issue, OR a post-operative trans-gender presenting This Works products #confused.

Mascara is good.. but then why, if it is so good, why does mally use falsies???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed5KDJ32IK8

Last edited:
I am still looking for the perfect mascara. I only put the stuff on my top lashes, AND (as a tip from top beautician) I dab some powder under my lower lashes to prevent 'leakage' from the top. BUT after a couple of hours I look in the mirror and I look like a panda - a smudgy line of black under my lower lid has appeared. So, I find myself continually finger wiping my bottom lid in case smudging has occurred. When you're on a 'hot' lunch date it ain't a good look !!

ANY IDEAS ????

Brissles have you thought of having your eye lashes dyed and then using a clear mascara on top just to add length and volume to them ? There are lots of clear mascaras out there now and your lashes would only need dying every 6 weeks or so. No more panda eyes.

Oooooo, thanks for the suggestion, but I might have to sum up courage for that ! I am blessed with very long lashes, so I'm not so much looking for volume but mascara that won't 'slide'. Appreciate the idea though.

Mally almost had a wardrobe malfunction in her much loved designer DVF wrap dress today... get a safety pin girl!!
Nearly an exciting moment for the 'underground' QVC female presenter cleavage hunters (allegedly the reason why JR decided to cover up on air)

Not sure what I should post on... this Mally frock issue, OR a post-operative trans-gender presenting This Works products #confused.

Mascara is good.. but then why, if it is so good, why does mally use falsies???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed5KDJ32IK8

Mally mascara is really good. I am lucky to have long eyelashes already though. Perhaps Mally doesn't have good lashes to start with and falsies are something she has relied on for years and it's a habit she can't bring herself to break. A bit like me and eye-shadow base. If I did not wear any other make up of any kind..eye-shadow base would be the thing I had to wear.

Brissles, I can't wear mascara on my lower lashes because my lashes touch my cheeks. I've tried holding tissue between my cheek and lashes until mascara dries but withing minutes it transfers onto my face. So I dye my lashes at home (still need a tissue to stop it transferring but it's a god compromise. I use a brown dye and use it on my brows (which is virtually transparent they're so fair). I still use the Doll10 brow product to fill them out but at least the outline is easier to follow when I dye my brows. Well worth giving it a try on your lashes.

I have always had trouble with Panda eyes, sometime products worked but eventually went off the market etc until someone on here pointed me in the direction of Blinc tubing mascara and I have never looked back.

Now it does take a bit of getting used to avoid a clumpy look but I use an old clean brush to give a bit iof a flick immediately after application.

I liked the benefit but couldn't get it removed without irritating my skin as it was so difficult to get it if so I went back to Blinc

Oooh, so it IS full size? That's the same weight as the foundation they're selling for £37. Will get mine tonight, had it delivered to my mum's.

Latest posts

Back