Mally TSV 20/09/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If it is a new taupy shade of eyeshadow stick, I will probably go for it, unless it is purply/bluey

I love the browns (they suit me) whereas grey only works if it is a muddy grey, and blues and black are total no gos.

Maybe we could do a swap. The number of black and purple liners that I have is ridiculous. Never touch em. They make me look half dead.

Green on the other hand... usually great.

Having seen the Tarte TSV I'll be giving this a miss, nothing appeals.

Anyone looking for more Mally style shadow sticks, check out a brand called GOSH, they used to be sold in Superdrug (not sure if they still are) but they have a website, they do Forever Eye Shadow Sticks, the ingredients are identical to the Mally ones and they are made in the same place. If I remember rightly they are only about £6 each too and some lovely colours too.

Last edited:
The video on the TSV details on the Q website show the model removing her foundation with a wet wipe (AY biting her tongue no doubt) and at about 4min 40seconds Mally starts to reapply the medium shade of the TSV foundation and as usual she's just tickling the skin with very little product on the brush and the model still has heavier coverage on parts of her forehead. I missed the launch hour but has anyone ever seen Mally actually literally applying any of her slap on air?

The shadow stick colour looks nice but sin't it similar to others we've already seen? I have hazel eyes and the green shades of her shadow stick Camo and Jade work best on me, bringing out the amber and golden flecks, whereas DD also has Hazel eyes but looks better in taupey shades which bring out her green flecks, the "Just Before Dawn" stick would disappear into her bedroom if I ordered it.

Instead of the TSV I've ordered these sets with free p&p, knowing I already love the contents:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Mally-3-Piece-...t.209551.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-209551

http://www.qvcuk.com/Mally-6-Piece-...ROWSEMORE-_-NVSTPLH-_-(NEXT)&refLocation=NEXT

Plus I'm tempted by this set beause the Ink eye liner is fab and I thought she'd discontinued bringing it to the UK: http://www.qvcuk.com/Mally-4-Piece-...643&orderId=61635563&itemId=13266644&sc=SCART (not free p&p on this one sadly).

Any OTOs on the horizon?

What a shame the face defender is included as I am yet to master the damn thing! Anyone else not loving it either? Maybe it's better for oily girls rather than dry like myself although I do get an oily t-zone? I'd sell it on eBay but I've only ever bought stuff off there so not overly confident on how to.

I love the face defender - the key is 'less is more'..... Just dab the sponge onto the wax a few times and then onto the t-zone and chin.

You don't need much - use your fingertips to feel the difference in texture between the bits you've applied it to compared to the uncovered bit... you will be able to feel the difference.

To anyone who doesn't want the defender from this kit, give me a shout and I'm happy to do a swapsie or buy it (if the price is right :happy:) as I wear it every day.

I saw the same video, I do like the colours but mally does not seem to actually apply the make up on bare skin but then she never does, she just dabs a little bit more of it on, so you are never really sure of how dark or light the colours really are, what puts me off is the face defender, as I don't think I would ever use it, shame as the rest of it looks good, think I will save myself for the Tarte one, not that I need anymore make-up ��

Yes, it's really annoying, Mally is a make up artist to the stars, (ahem ahem) she should be able to properly apply make up from scratch onto a clean faced model so that we can all see the transformation, I would say it's fundamental. I also noted how there is one model, blonde with warm skin tone show can wear the brown TSV, I note AY is not wearing that bronze eyeshadow or brown eyeliner. She also has an enormous amount of shiny goldy coloured stuff on her cheeks, not sure what that's about.

Yes, it's really annoying, Mally is a make up artist to the stars, (ahem ahem) she should be able to properly apply make up from scratch onto a clean faced model so that we can all see the transformation, I would say it's fundamental. I also noted how there is one model, blonde with warm skin tone show can wear the brown TSV, I note AY is not wearing that bronze eyeshadow or brown eyeliner. She also has an enormous amount of shiny goldy coloured stuff on her cheeks, not sure what that's about.

I thought straight away that AY was not wearing much from the TSV set. She looked to have a deep blue eye-shadow and liner on and she was caked in something shimmery. That is definitely not the look the face defender is meant to achieve. I think it's a very boring TSV and expensive. I seem to be getting very repetitive and saying that about most of the beauty TSVs lately.

I have never been a Mally fan just to heavy looking for me but as I have cut my Q spending down to a mere trickle (if that) it is getting so easy to resist everything.I have returned so much have expected the letter!

The video on the TSV details on the Q website show the model removing her foundation with a wet wipe (AY biting her tongue no doubt) and at about 4min 40seconds Mally starts to reapply the medium shade of the TSV foundation and as usual she's just tickling the skin with very little product on the brush and the model still has heavier coverage on parts of her forehead. I missed the launch hour but has anyone ever seen Mally actually literally applying any of her slap on air?

The shadow stick colour looks nice but sin't it similar to others we've already seen? I have hazel eyes and the green shades of her shadow stick Camo and Jade work best on me, bringing out the amber and golden flecks, whereas DD also has Hazel eyes but looks better in taupey shades which bring out her green flecks, the "Just Before Dawn" stick would disappear into her bedroom if I ordered it.

Instead of the TSV I've ordered these sets with free p&p, knowing I already love the contents:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Mally-3-Piece-...t.209551.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-209551

http://www.qvcuk.com/Mally-6-Piece-...ROWSEMORE-_-NVSTPLH-_-(NEXT)&refLocation=NEXT

Plus I'm tempted by this set beause the Ink eye liner is fab and I thought she'd discontinued bringing it to the UK: http://www.qvcuk.com/Mally-4-Piece-...643&orderId=61635563&itemId=13266644&sc=SCART (not free p&p on this one sadly).

Any OTOs on the horizon?

I have gone for the kit with the brow stick in as I use it every day and it lasts ages. So quick and easy in the morning and its £21.50 (silly price I would not pay) on its own so a good price for three items and free p&p.

Yes I watched the 8 am repeat, AY and Tiff both had really shiny patches on their faces as Mally was saying it doesn't shine.

AY and her shimmerbrick overload. No matter the brand she is selling she must have the shimmerbrick.

Not a fan of Mally's range never bought any, so no interest in the TSV.

I can't remember when l last bought a BeautyTSV, it could have been Liz Earle very early on this year. Nothing has really appealed to me. I hope the Christmas offerings are going to be better than the stuff that has been churned out throughout the year.

AY and her shimmerbrick overload. No matter the brand she is selling she must have the shimmerbrick.

There was a photo of her a couple of years ago over a tea pot with no make up, when she was unwell, and she has a dark patch on her cheek. Perhaps this is a disguise to reflect the light from the spot as well as the concealers and foundations and lotions and potions.

I am so over Mally make up. Her mascara is good but I have one in reserve. I am loving the recent Josie Maran TSV and eagerly awaiting the Tarte one.

Like Mally too but still got eyeshadows, eyeliners etc. So we'll wait and see if I buy, lol!! Hearing great things about Tarte, saying it's one of the best out there...will be buying some soon hopefully!!:mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back