Lunchtime Show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glittergirl

Registered Shopper
Charlie is refreshing to watch. Like his presenting, he was laughing away through this and pretended he didn't know what he was doing! Did it very well, haha!
Wish he was on more!

Anyone else agree? :mysmilie_8:

Charlie is refreshing to watch. Like his presenting, he was laughing away through this and pretended he didn't know what he was doing! Did it very well, haha!
Wish he was on more!

Anyone else agree? :mysmilie_8:

I caught it as well. The guests actually seemed to gel - no doubt because they are complementary guests flogging non-competitive wares that all are familiar with ... and we were spared RJ ... and Charlie was leading it not Debbie.

As soon as it cut to a presentation of one of RJ's products with him and Debbie he couldn't help making a typical snidey comment about Debbie doing all the work not Charlie. That definitely spoiled it ... although we did get a bit more insight into the RJ empire. It appears like he sources products then slaps his name on them.

I caught it as well. The guests actually seemed to gel - no doubt because they are complementary guests flogging non-competitive wares that all are familiar with ... and we were spared RJ ... and Charlie was leading it not Debbie.

As soon as it cut to a presentation of one of RJ's products with him and Debbie he couldn't help making a typical snidey comment about Debbie doing all the work not Charlie. That definitely spoiled it ... although we did get a bit more insight into the RJ empire. It appears like he sources products then slaps his name on them.

Thought it worked well too and flowed unlike some of the other shows I've seen lately! Debbie was good and Richard was just Richard, lol!! Find there are too many guest presenters and don't think they know what to do or say, amusing at times!! Charlie is so laid back and a pleasure to watch :mysmilie_59:

Sorry, don't like Charlie, too smarmy and all that laid back humour seems contrived, but I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. I just watched a bit on the playback and it seemed like a good show. Michael Perry from T&M is a delight :mysmilie_59:

CC

For me, he varies. If he knows his stuff about the product, he's not too bad, although most of the time his very slow and deliberate way of speaking irritates me - I want to give him a shove and tell him to get on with it. He's supposedly the "jewellery expert" but I don't find his knowledge that good.

QUOTE candycane;852924]Sorry, don't like Charlie, too smarmy and all that laid back humour seems contrived, but I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. I just watched a bit on the playback and it seemed like a good show. Michael Perry from T& M is a delight :mysmilie_59:

CC[/QUOTE]

Can't stand listening to Charlie, too smarmy by far, I can only watch him on mute. I've only seen snippets of lunchtime shows and thought they were dreadful, as if theyre trying to mimic "Loose Women" format.

I can watch all the male presenters except CR, but I have never found the right mix to watch the afternoon show, they always seem to be one or two that would wind me up...

I don't find Charlie smarmy, I think a lot of it is tongue-in-cheek. On the other hand I think Dale F deserves an Olympic gold medal for "smarminess ", I can't bear to listen to him, nor watch his smug mug.

I don't find Charlie smarmy, I think a lot of it is tongue-in-cheek. On the other hand I think Dale F deserves an Olympic gold medal for "smarminess ", I can't bear to listen to him, nor watch his smug mug.

I honestly couldn't agree more!

Isn't it funny how we all see people differently, I don't find Charlie or Dale smarmy, they're two of the most easy to watch presenters for me.

Strange find both Dale and Charlie smarmy. Sometimes Dale seems like he is fishing for compliments.

I didn't watch the Lunchtime show, but caught the following hour, and Charlie said he was 'recovering from his first AND last Lunchtime show' - funny that I'd thought he been on before, but clearly not.

Ewwww lunch time show is so contrived ...totally cannot watch it and I usually watch any old rubbish lol ( as hubby says ) lol so it must be bad :mysmilie_19:

I don't find Charlie smarmy. Creepy is what I find him, downright creepy.

The thing I used to find creepy about Charlie was his hand gestures when he was doing a jewellery hour...it was as though he was doing one of those shadow thingies, where people use their hands to make the shape of a rabbit on a wall. I think he was trying to show off his man manicure! That, combined with the slow talking, used to drive me nuts, about 30 seconds was my limit.

I don't find Charlie smarmy. Creepy is what I find him, downright creepy.

Well he always indicates that what ever product has his moniker on it (maybe they could do a logo of gnome (in keeping with the theme)), that it is a professional product, that he has just bought to the domestic market, I wonder if it is the same manufacturer that he uses for all of his products. I know that there are going to be changes to the product (for example he puts is trade-mark 'flower power' into his compost, then he can use phrases like 'this is the only soil in the world' adding seeming extra gravitas to the product he is trying to flog.

He is very clever it is the same with saying his flower power is used by leading gold medal winners at flower shows thereby implying that is how they win their medals when of course they were winning using their previous plant food anyway beats me how people cant see through him.

Isn't it funny how we all see people differently, I don't find Charlie or Dale smarmy, they're two of the most easy to watch presenters for me.

Agree! Don't take them too seriously and think they are both very good at their job. They don't talk crap like some of the others do! :mysmilie_14:

Latest posts

Back