Lulu

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw her trailer saying it's her weapon against ageing or something along those lines; giving the impression its all down to those pot of cream. Now come on! She can't be serious, she makes Joan Rivers look like a natural beauty.

I've not defended as such but been somewhat sympathetic to Lulu in the past when she's been on QVC, as I thought she did look good for her age, even taking into account probable treatments etc. but last night even I lost patience with her.......!

She was so OTT rabbiting on about how it was all down to her products yet she has now had so much work/treatments she is verging on the ridiculous (she now looks as though she has a permanent cold, all puffy etc.!), I really felt she had got to the point of seriously taking the p*$$!

Sorry Lulu, give me LE & her natural eye bags any time, she may not look as comparably young for her age as you do but she's ageing pretty well perfectly naturally & she's a better (& certainly more honest!) advert for her products than you are for yours!

I switched over this morning and saw Lulu . Now I am a fan of hers when she is singing but not when she is on QVC.

Every time she appears she seems to have had more and more work done.

Her cheeks look so filled up with whatever they use in there and her lips look more pumped up than ever.

Who can honestly sit at home and buy into the " I look like this because of my products " must be , well I couldn`t possibly comment :thinking2:

What annoys me is during other shows AY while over-earnestly flogging whatever crap is on the table that hour often bangs on about how everything they say has to go through their legal department as they can't make any claims that haven't been proven to be true blah blah. Well, CLEARLY Lulu's face isn't down to her creams etc so surely thats false advertising? Surely legally they can't claim that the 'amazing' way Lulu looks is purely as a result of her face creams etc? So it makes a mockery of everything else they say that has supposedly been checked by their legal department. hence I won't believe anyhting AY says about products and I check independant reviews elsewhere (like MUA etc) before buying anything.

Grrrr.....:envy:

Tx

If our resident "beauty expert" knew Lulu hadn't had surgery you can bet your life she would be harping on about how wonderful Lulu looks without having surgery. She'd have the cameraman doing close ups and telling us this is Lulu Literally without any injections, fillers etc.
The fact is she knows she's had masses of work done, she's trying to con us into believing we can look like that and to be honest i thinks it's ****** insulting that she thinks that we're stupid enough to believe it!!!!

Well, I have not used the range and will never buy it purely because it is sold on so obviously the false promise that you will have skin like Lulu if you use it. Lulu is pumped up beyond belief now and looks ridiculous IMO.

Why does she not just admit that she is in an industry whwere she feels she has to compete with younger women, will use any means at her disposal but also thinks her skincare range is a good compliment to what she has done...she'd probably sell more.

Yes Lulu looks good for 60 but no way has she not had surgery. Her top lip looked very puffy to me. All the pale lip gloss in the world won't hide lip fillers!!

I wish she'd just be honest and say that she's had work done.

Also, she really doesn't wear foundation..........????:wonder2:

Really? I think she looks a little scary, as if you might be talking to her and any minute any number of bits from her face that have been over-inflated or over-filled or stretched or whatever might explode in your face. Frightening!:sweat:

I had been sceptical, or tbph prejudiced, about the range from day one. So, I had been reluctant to even try it. I got free samples of her hand cream, which I loved and, more recently, I ordered her bath products which again are of great quality. I cannot see myself switching from LE to Time Bomb, but the lesson is keep an open mind.

But that's the problem WS, the range might well be good quality and nice to use (it certainly looks pretty), but Lulu's lack of honesty is actually doing more harm than good to her products, because it's putting so many people off even trying it!

I don't think the issue was ever with the products themselves, which actually seem to be generally well liked by those who use them, it's the hypocrisy that gets to me. But I'm glad you liked the bath products, last night as I was watching the TSV I was thinking about you and how you'd got on with them!:flower:

I had been sceptical, or tbph prejudiced, about the range from day one. So, I had been reluctant to even try it. I got free samples of her hand cream, which I loved and, more recently, I ordered her bath products which again are of great quality. I cannot see myself switching from LE to Time Bomb, but the lesson is keep an open mind.

Very true WS! I absolutely adore her hand cream (a lovely friend gave me a sample to try! lol) & it's brilliant, one of the best I've ever tried in fact & it's a firm favourite now!
Not tried the bath products but if you say they're nice, might be worth a go, as I know you have impeccable taste........& are super fussy! lol :flower:
Her skincare range doesn't really appeal tbh, all seems either a bit too harsh or a bit too rich for me!

Probably, SS, I haven't watched QVC for weeks and never a Lulu show. It is important for a sales person to look and sound credible to the customer, but I have spent enough time in a commercial environment to acknowledge that this is rarely the case (for a sales person to sound credible). I instinctively block everything out when sales people talk and that's one of the reasons, I believe, I spend a fortune testing out products myself.

i wont be buying into lulu's range simply cos i havent got enough faces,body to try all the beauty products on the qvc market.
buying most if not all the l'occitane tsv's keep me in bath smellies all year round.
skincare wise i want to buy some alpha h as this is a range i know will work for me but not lulu's stuff...sorry!:tongue2:

lol she's havin trouble gettin used to the gob ballast...
loved the close up on her wrinkly cleavage that she tried to quickly cover with her lapel :D

Anyone fancy being a t caller and asking her if she has had work done? I don't think you would be on air long but you would probably be banned from calling in again!

The other week a (male) presenter on our local radio station mentioned he had seen Lulu on television and commented that she had had lots of work done. I emailed in and put him straight that it was all down to her skincare range that she was flogging on QVC.

Sharon Osborne uses it, Alison likens her as a mirror image to Lulu.....hard working women that like to look good :smirk:

Still no mention that they've both had work done :rolleyes:

What next joan rivers swears by it!!!!

Latest posts

Back