Lulu Guinness One Time Only

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi all what was your first Lulu bag?

Mine was the patent black Franka and I have been hooked on her bags ever since then. :heart:

It was strange with me. I saw the bag in a boutique shop window down in Cornwall and fell in love with it. Went in to ask how much it was and was fairly taken aback with the answer! I was told "it's Lulu Guinness" - I'd never heard of her but little did I know!! I'm afraid I don't know the name of the bag, but it's a structured black patent, kind of barrel shaped, with a silver lip-shaped catch on the top. Might be a Mary bag but don't quote me! It was love at first sight anyway, that was 2.5 years ago and I've been addicted ever since!:heart::heart:

The jenny bags are faboulous. I have a small black petshop jenny and a stone leather one as well.

I think no one makes bags like LG. They are pricey but the look very different from the norm and if looked after they keep their value.

The only LG bag I am slightly dissapointed with is a burlington arcade bag I bought last year. It was supposed to be indivually numbered, hand signed by Lulu etc but when I got home I noticed it wasn't. I thought I was getting something extra sepcial and compared to my other LG bags. l I phoned CS and they said they had made a mistake in the email they sent about the bag.

Ooh! You've been in the Burlington Arcade shop - I'm jealous! We went to London in September but were there just before that one opened (of course I went to the Ellis Street shop!). Going again this September so I'm really looking forward to seeing it! :sun: Does she stock different bags there to her other shops? I've got the impression it's the more special, collectible ones in there.

I wonder if the fab SCW is able to dig out any anniversary prices for us?! :wink:

Well, I have had a bit of a result, financially speaking, in that with a few bits I have sold and the money off my mum, I would have paid the grand total of £5 of my own actual money for my Wanda :happy: :happy:

Therefore I think I will definitely be keeping a beady eye on the sale and any bargains on Q next week :grin:

Ooh! You've been in the Burlington Arcade shop - I'm jealous! We went to London in September but were there just before that one opened (of course I went to the Ellis Street shop!). Going again this September so I'm really looking forward to seeing it! :sun: Does she stock different bags there to her other shops? I've got the impression it's the more special, collectible ones in there.

I only went to the shop once in October. It is a lovely shop . It is quite small and it is on two floors. At the time the had more or less the same as the ellis street store. I haven't been back since. The Burlington arcade bag I bought was only available in that shop.

I tend to go to the ellis street store as it is only 2 stops on the tube and I can be there and back to work in under an hour.

Wishing you a lovely shopping trip in September.

It was strange with me. I saw the bag in a boutique shop window down in Cornwall and fell in love with it. Went in to ask how much it was and was fairly taken aback with the answer! I was told "it's Lulu Guinness" - I'd never heard of her but little did I know!! I'm afraid I don't know the name of the bag, but it's a structured black patent, kind of barrel shaped, with a silver lip-shaped catch on the top. Might be a Mary bag but don't quote me! It was love at first sight anyway, that was 2.5 years ago and I've been addicted ever since!:heart::heart:

I think the your bag is the Mary bag. I almost got a blue one in last years January sale, it was in my shopping basket and then it disappared. I am always on the lookout for one. I was so dissapointed..:sad:

I have to admit I didn't know about LG before QVC and used to think that anything more than £60 on a bag was just way too much to spend. I had a few kipling bags and a couple of leather bags from Debenhams and HoF.

I wonder if the fab SCW is able to dig out any anniversary prices for us?! :wink:

Well, I have had a bit of a result, financially speaking, in that with a few bits I have sold and the money off my mum, I would have paid the grand total of £5 of my own actual money for my Wanda :happy: :happy:

Therefore I think I will definitely be keeping a beady eye on the sale and any bargains on Q next week :grin:

Great news Capirossi :up: well done. :happy:

I can't get anymore of OH so can only buy if QVC have easy pay. I hope the sale continues until end of month as I will get my bonus so could treat myself guilt free.

I might look to selling a few things on ebay to fund a new bag.

I can't wait to see what Lulu brings us on 18th and 19th, lots of easy pays I hope. I have the Ethel Tromple L'oeil Street Scene Tote, the Ruthie and have just ordered the Perforated Leather Scalloped Small Wanda from the sale - reduced from £350 to £105!

Oooh Mia what colour did you go for? I liked the navy and red (and white come to that!!) but didn't go for any as I made the mistake of reading the Q reviews. I still think they're super cute though and excellent VFM :sun:

I am actually now thinking of selling my linen Carmella. I just got all my LG bags together and I have 3 in the stone/cream genre - what an excess!! I love my Franka so that's going to get used, and I also re-discovered my love for my Jenny, so will try and get the marks off and use that more. Therefore, poor old Carmella is redundant. Have just sent a message to a work colleague as she loves it. Fingers crossed! If she goes for it I will put that towards the studded Annabelle I think, and then indulge on something on EP on the 18th/19th! I keep looking at the mink striped bow Wanda as it's so cheap! But I have to stay away from 'neutral' bags I think. I need either small for evening or something completely different to what I already have!

Does anyone have any idea how long the sale is on for? I am still hoping for more reductions, I will be on again first thing tomorrow, and following her very closely on Twitter, haha!! :nod:

Am off tomorrow so have a pile of non-Lulu handbags to put on ebay!! Every penny helps eh?!! :sweat:

I only went to the shop once in October. It is a lovely shop . It is quite small and it is on two floors. At the time the had more or less the same as the ellis street store. I haven't been back since. The Burlington arcade bag I bought was only available in that shop.

I tend to go to the ellis street store as it is only 2 stops on the tube and I can be there and back to work in under an hour.

Wishing you a lovely shopping trip in September.

OMG!! Only two stops from a Lulu store?! Lucky you - I would NEVER have any money!! :doh:

I just hauled out my lip print small Wanda - got that in the Christmas sale, OH bought it for me for Valentine's Day, I think it was around 75£ back then. I'm off on holiday to visit my folks on Thursday with OH and since we're for once flying with a 'grown up' airline we both can have a suitcase, so I can actually pack this in addition to my lightweight Kipling bag. What luxury!

I went for the white bag because it's the one colour I don't have in my rather large collection. I love the red one too but since I already have 3 red bags I just couldn't justify buying it. I am happy with the white because I think the perforated leather suits that colour. I wish I knew how long the sale was on for but I had reached the point when I felt I couldn't take the risk of waiting any longer. Happy shopping to all fellow LG bag lovers!

I think my OH is sorry that the LG shops are close to work. He works in the building across from me. A few times I have dragged him to the shops just to show him one of the bags I am dying to get my hands and give him an ideas for birthday, Xmas present etc.

I think I will ebay a few of my kipling bags as I rarely use them and put the money towards an LG bag.

I went for the white bag because it's the one colour I don't have in my rather large collection. I love the red one too but since I already have 3 red bags I just couldn't justify buying it. I am happy with the white because I think the perforated leather suits that colour. I wish I knew how long the sale was on for but I had reached the point when I felt I couldn't take the risk of waiting any longer. Happy shopping to all fellow LG bag lovers!

I agree, it definitely suits the white the most. I am struggling with having a few bags in similar colours, and there's you with 3 red, haha!! Maybe I should take a leaf out of your book!! Hope you enjoy the bag :D

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Hi ladies, have been lurking for some time and thought I would finally join in! You ladies certainly seem to know your Lulu handbags and I have decided to dip my toe in and make my first Lulu purchase. Tempted, of course, by the lure of 70% discount on the Lulu website. Have gone for the Confetti print large Anabelle. The style is a bit different from any other bags I own and I figured I could use it day or night as the print would match lots of different outfits. Like the rest of you, the last thing I need is one more handbag and will need to smuggle it into the house!!

And my Carmella has been sold. :cool: Yay!!! Now eagerly awaiting either a 70% reduction or something special on Q next week :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi ladies, have been lurking for some time and thought I would finally join in! You ladies certainly seem to know your Lulu handbags and I have decided to dip my toe in and make my first Lulu purchase. Tempted, of course, by the lure of 70% discount on the Lulu website. Have gone for the Confetti print large Anabelle. The style is a bit different from any other bags I own and I figured I could use it day or night as the print would match lots of different outfits. Like the rest of you, the last thing I need is one more handbag and will need to smuggle it into the house!!

Hi Bluebell bun welcome to the forum :wave:

The confetti is a very good choice. I can't wait for mine to be delivered next week. At 70% off they are a real bargain.

And hello from me too! Welcome to the mad house :giggle: I can guarantee you will very quickly become addicted to Lulu bags once you see yours in the flesh! That is a very good looking bag. I hope you love it. Please post and let us know :grin:

Let's just hope she doesn't change her mind, have already spent the money in my head, hehe!! Hope you manage to sell some of your Kipling :happy:

Latest posts

Back