Lulu Guiness TSV!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I noticed some Coach bags in TKMaxx a couple of weeks ago. Didnt buy one though cos they're alittle too boring for me, they're too sensible and plain. I really liked the TSV and I think it was patent leather not plastic like someone mentioned and I like the "wackyness of her designs. Thank goodness we dont all like the same things or we'd be stepford wifes!
Coach do some edgier designs, as well as their smart and sensible designs, they have a couple of different ranges.:1:

Pretty sure the TSV wasn't leather R O D, not once was the word mentioned nor was it in the description.

Leather it was not.......... £175 for Plastic is what it was..............:11:

Tbh, Lulu Guinness (& others like her!) make me sick!
A perfect example of 'it's not what you know, it's who you know!' With no formal design training or any real outstanding talent she has merrily ridden to success on the back of her family/marriage background & connections!
Does anyone honestly think such prestigious stores etc. would have stocked her early designs if she didn't have the clout & connections that she does? Of course not!
Many extremely talented young designers will never get that same chance because they don't have the background/name to help them along the way, I find it nauseating in the extreme personally!

Then again, she could just claim invalidity benefit due to her bipolar disorder, watch tv all day and live off the country. As far as I can make out, she's worked jolly hard to make her company a success even if she had a leg up to begin with. She also employs around 28 people in her design studio. I don't find her case nauseating, just inspiring. Why can't people just celebrate success in this country??

I admit I quite like the quirkiness of some of her designs but could never justify spending that kind of money. As for Lulu herself I find her quite endearing she seems genuinely happy with her lot and regardless of whether her "name" gave her a leg up or not she provides work for people and appears harmless. Good for her I say and anyone else who builds a life that makes them happy. Isn't that we are all aiming for to be content with our lot regardless of what that be

£220+ on a plastic bag? I honestly and truthfully don't think this particular TSV would have appealed to the majority of QVC viewers and that shows because Catherine mentioned at the launch that they didn't have thousands of them only hundreds.

Of course people can spend their money how they choose and if a plastic bag makes them feel good about themselves then so be it. Me and no doubt thousands and thousands of others? Speaking for myself, I'd most definitely want to see a lot more for my money if I decided to part with over £200 than some cheap looking plastic bag slung over my shoulder!!!

Exactly!!! here here! !!!!!

Well ladies I'm a happy bunny I went to the ideal homes exhibition today and just had to stop at Harrods before:32: and I bought a lovely (as PPC would say) 'vibrant red' plastic bag for 18 quid and some loose change and it had Harrods embossed on it, it was a ****** bargain:18: Lulu you can stick your overpriced plastic bags up your shitter:9:

#168 my_old_mans_a_dustman - I'm mean-spirited & you're rude, maybe we should form a club or something? :11::18:
Still, I suppose we should celebrate peoples' success & 'best of British' efforts.....yay for Lulu Guinness, yay for Peaches Geldof, yay for Lily Allen.....super marvellous & talented, all of them & their success is 'all their own work' of course! :rolleyes:

#168 my_old_mans_a_dustman - I'm mean-spirited & you're rude, maybe we should form a club or something? :11::18:
Still, I suppose we should celebrate peoples' success & 'best of British' efforts.....yay for Lulu Guinness, yay for Peaches Geldof, yay for Lily Allen.....super marvellous & talented, all of them & their success is 'all their own work' of course! :rolleyes:

Are we just a touch envious ladies??

And what would you call your 'club'? How about 'The Chip on Our Shoulder Brigade'??

envious of whom? the refusniks of this world?
LG excluded from this characterisation!!!
a possible name for the club maybe "we know a good thing, when we see one"???

God what a nasty thread !!!

I never even looked at the TSV but have a few of her evening bags, which are beautiful.

As for a Harrods bag with the name embossed, I am thinking the height of vulgarity whatever the price.

I never even looked at the TSV but have a few of her evening bags, which are beautiful.

As for a Harrods bag with the name embossed, I am thinking the height of vulgarity whatever the price.

Ohhh noooooo you've hurt my feelings :17:

Are we just a touch envious ladies??
And what would you call your 'club'? How about 'The Chip on Our Shoulder Brigade'??

I could think of a few more amusing alternatives but won't as I must remember this is a nice forum, populated by nice people & mainly ladies, something I'm still getting used to! lol

Nah, not envious at all - I'm all for celebrating the truly talented & hard-working! Zara Phillips now, she's marvellous! Sure she's had all the best training/ponies/horse etc. because she can afford it (& yes, it helps, of course it does!) but being the Queen's granddaughter alone doesn't get you round a 4**** cross-country course or onto an Olympic shortlist, that's real talent & dedication does that!

(Sticking an infantile fishy, a pair of plastic lips & a name tag onto a canvas shopper or whatever a competent 10 year old could have 'designed' & slapping a coupla hundred quid price tag on it & selling it at least partly thanks to your upper-class name & background is hardly in the same category, is it?)
So no, not envious, just eyes wide open!

Sowwy! :(

Sowwy....again! (I'm sure they are!)

my_old_mans_a_dustman - ha ha, now you're rude and vulgar! Yeah, yeah, I know.....sowwy! :8:;)

nasty indeed....and you couldn't resist joining in :3:

(Sticking an infantile fishy, a pair of plastic lips & a name tag onto a canvas shopper or whatever a competent 10 year old could have 'designed' & slapping a coupla hundred quid price tag on it & selling it at least partly thanks to your upper-class name & background is hardly in the same category, is it?)
So no, not envious, just eyes wide open!

Not envious then? Really? Not a teeny weeny bit?!!

Latest posts

Back