Lulu Guiness TSV!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not my cup of tea at all, but I can't see the logic in saying that QVC has lost the plot with this tsv if it had sold out by 9.30 am. They've no doubt made a tidy profit and are continuing to do so with their OTO's. I'm sure they count it as a complete success and would argue that they cater for all tastes and depths of pocket. As for non leather items, only the trims are leather on many Louis Vitton bags and they cost an absolute fortune - it's all in the name!

As for non leather items, only the trims are leather on many Louis Vitton bags and they cost an absolute fortune - it's all in the name!

Very true, although I have to say I wouldn't give an LV house room as I think they are the ugliest, grossest things ever! Ugh! *shudders* (I prefer Coach for example & not the fancier ones either, the plainer the better! lol)

I suppose it's all a matter of personal taste but the LG ones do look a bit cheap & nasty IMHO though I've not been 'fortunate' enough to handle one in RL so can only judge them on how they look in pics or on the tele!

Sadly it shows how some people are easily lead by the title of "designer" doesn't it! They think it means class and style. But in reality - I mean, a bag with a poodle parlour on it! A hideous plastic, bright orange giant purse complete with a over sized, ugly white plastic clip at the top! Yells out style, class and sophistication don't they!! :30:

Why do I get the feeling that in a few years time these will be at the back of the cupboard, hidden from view in the "what the hell was I thinking" pile! Probably along with the Quaker Factory stuff!!

Not my cup of tea at all, but I can't see the logic in saying that QVC has lost the plot with this tsv if it had sold out by 9.30 am. They've no doubt made a tidy profit and are continuing to do so with their OTO's. I'm sure they count it as a complete success and would argue that they cater for all tastes and depths of pocket. As for non leather items, only the trims are leather on many Louis Vitton bags and they cost an absolute fortune - it's all in the name!

I heard Catherine say that they had hundred's of them, I always thought most TSV's were in thousands! Maybe that is why it sold out so early.

Wouldn't be surprised Suki.

Apparently almost all of them are at the same price as LG sells them for in her shop! :11:

Just gets better and better huh?!:54:

£220+ on a plastic bag? I honestly and truthfully don't think this particular TSV would have appealed to the majority of QVC viewers and that shows because Catherine mentioned at the launch that they didn't have thousands of them only hundreds.

Of course people can spend their money how they choose and if a plastic bag makes them feel good about themselves then so be it. Me and no doubt thousands and thousands of others? Speaking for myself, I'd most definitely want to see a lot more for my money if I decided to part with over £200 than some cheap looking plastic bag slung over my shoulder!!!
Forget paying £179 for one of her bags I wouldn't pay £17 for it, I've seen better designed bags down my market for a fiver.

I watched the launch couldn't sleep thats my excuse:54: and thought the bag would be under £50 and to me thats even to much.Really gobsmaked at that price not that i was going to buy anyway.But anyone that has bought it and is happy its there money but i wouldn't pay all that money for plastic.

I heard Catherine say that they had hundred's of them, I always thought most TSV's were in thousands! Maybe that is why it sold out so early.

Can't imagine they ever plan thousands of the high end TSVs (for example AAA tanzanite), but I bet they wish they'd had a fair few more of this one as it sold out so early in the morning and I imagine the profit margin must be humungous!

I have never liked lulu guinness , they remind me of the " dress up" bags that come with little girl play sets . Not that Im saying I am an arbitur of good taste ! They are just not for me. I would spend a similar ammount on a leather bag , loved the red bargain from the Dents sale , and have purchased mulberry in the past . Only in sales that is . But each to thier own

Tbh, Lulu Guinness (& others like her!) make me sick!
A perfect example of 'it's not what you know, it's who you know!' With no formal design training or any real outstanding talent she has merrily ridden to success on the back of her family/marriage background & connections!
Does anyone honestly think such prestigious stores etc. would have stocked her early designs if she didn't have the clout & connections that she does? Of course not!
Many extremely talented young designers will never get that same chance because they don't have the background/name to help them along the way, I find it nauseating in the extreme personally!

you are sooooo right KWC!!!!! :60:
i witness it daily at work and it nauseates me every single time. exactly the point i was trying to make earlier when i said that people have the audacity to believe they have the right to make easy money.

you are sooooo right KWC!!!!! :60:
i witness it daily at work and it nauseates me every single time. exactly the point i was trying to make earlier when i said that people have the audacity to believe they have the right to make easy money.
It makes you wonder how long the planning, design and production takes.:33:

Very true, although I have to say I wouldn't give an LV house room as I think they are the ugliest, grossest things ever! Ugh! *shudders* (I prefer Coach for example & not the fancier ones either, the plainer the better! lol)

I suppose it's all a matter of personal taste but the LG ones do look a bit cheap & nasty IMHO though I've not been 'fortunate' enough to handle one in RL so can only judge them on how they look in pics or on the tele!
I'm with you on the Coach bags such a classy range, I like some of their fancier designs as well as the plain ones. I'm not knocking LV, but Coach bags are miles better.

I'm with you on the Coach bags such a classy range, I like some of their fancier designs as well as the plain ones. I'm not knocking LV, but Coach bags are miles better.

I noticed some Coach bags in TKMaxx a couple of weeks ago. Didnt buy one though cos they're alittle too boring for me, they're too sensible and plain. I really liked the TSV and I think it was patent leather not plastic like someone mentioned and I like the "wackyness of her designs. Thank goodness we dont all like the same things or we'd be stepford wifes!

Latest posts

Back