Lollipop Lady

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
I know it has become the norm for female TV presenters to be as stupidly thin as possible, but Anna Cookson is very close to looking like a balloon on a stick.

30 minutes into the show and Anna had choked down the equivalent of 2 whole quarters of a full individual chocolate.

However in a flurry of activity, in the last 5 minutes she managed another quarter AND a little bite of a mint baton. I think someone must have had a word in the break.

The guest on the other hand has troughed down the equivalent f an entire box, and is starting to talk quite fast.

It was a stark contrast when Greenwood barged in and started on her chocoholic routine. I dislike the woman but she has a covering of flesh on her, which doesn't seem to worry her, and looks sturdy and healthy.

I'm quite fascinated by Anna.I agree shes very very slim,but that could be natural shape.Sadly mines a 14 :mysmilie_478:

I'm fascinated by how many long words she uses and how may 100 words she uses for one....and yet never seems to trip over them (not that I've seen).KT would come out in hives if she had to say what Anna feels compelled to.

I feel sorry for her too ~ she never looks happy or at ease and her slightness is verging on an anorexic look. She makes me feel uncomfortable. I think she's in the wrong job.

what I struggle to understand is how someone can think straight and concentrate when they eat so little. I know that when I am hungry I feel dizzy, lightheaded and I get quite irritable. Now I have no idea if Anna is depriving herself of food to maintain her slimness, but if she is how on earth can she concentrate? I think this when I see photos of Victoria Beckham, she just looks so hungry to me. I guess you get past hunger and no longer feel it....

Anna has the personality of a grapefruit,IMO she will never be any good at presenting,definately the worst one there,she has not improved one bit.
Lynn

what I struggle to understand is how someone can think straight and concentrate when they eat so little. I know that when I am hungry I feel dizzy, lightheaded and I get quite irritable. Now I have no idea if Anna is depriving herself of food to maintain her slimness, but if she is how on earth can she concentrate? I think this when I see photos of Victoria Beckham, she just looks so hungry to me. I guess you get past hunger and no longer feel it....

Sadly my daughter, who's a teenager, suffers from anorexia, and its distressing to see her shrinking almost daily. She is now a UK size 4, which is a US size Zero. She manages to go to school but goes to bed when she comes home due to exhaustion. Weekends are spent in much the same way. Sadly she thinks she's fat and continues to starve herself. She is seen by an eating disorders team but its a pernicious disease and its one day at a time right now. I really despair seeing the likes of Victoria Beckham, other excessively thin celebrities and gaunt models in magazines. Why is the fashion and media industry obsessed with women looking like pre-pubescent boys? My daughter feels that thinness is equated to success, popularity and attractiveness. It's so in-your-face all the time, and teenage girls are bombarded with this all the time. I feel genuinely sorry for Anna. She looks anorexic and should be signed off work and being treated for it. QVC should be responsible employers and insist that she does.

Flamenco I'm sorry to hear about your daughters illness. I hope this thread hasn't offended you.

Sorry Flamenco. I feel ashamed for making such a stupid comment now! I hope something can be done to help your daughter - im sure it cant be easy watching her and knowing there is nothing you can do to change it xox

Sorry Flamenco. I feel ashamed for making such a stupid comment now! I hope something can be done to help your daughter - im sure it cant be easy watching her and knowing there is nothing you can do to change it xox

Thanks and really no need to feel ashamed. I have a sense of humour, and I love this forum. Its a great relief and distraction from the heavy stuff at times. I just wanted to say that anorexia is an awful illness, and really QVC should not let Anna present shows when she looks so ill.

Flamenco I was anorexic from aged 16-20.It is something that just takes over your life,as I'm sure you're aware.

I did get better...and so will your DD:smile:

Poor Anna. Considering the people look bigger than they are on TV she must be verging on dangerously thin. So sorry about your daughter Flamenco. I pray my daughter never develops such an evil disease. I hope Anna is just naturally thin ans she needs to put on some weight, rather than being full blown anorexia. When she started I am sure she was slim but not ill- looking.

Latest posts

Back