Lollipop Lady

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Everything crossed for you and your daughter Flamenco.

Your comment about media obsessiveness with the pre-pubescent boy look made me think about an article I read, which has a lot of logic to it. Most if not all the male fashion designers are gay, and rather than design clothes that real women can wear, they design for figures that are androgenous, neither male or female. This was brought about in the 60's when (rather like the flappers of the 20's) it was a no no to have a bust, and really this was the beginning of the eating disorders we know of today - almost 50 years later, because the fashion industry and the media have decreed that anything above a size 10 is plus size !

Compare the models of then and now, to the shapely models of the catwalk in the 50's, - the designers were still gay, but at least they put women into either tailored clothes or very glamorous evening wear to show off their shape.

Some of the most sexy and glamorous women in the world had a bust and hips ....... Marilyn Monroe, Ava Gardner, Sophia Loren, Liz Taylor who were interestingly enough role models for the teenagers of their day (the 50's). I am a teenager of the 60's and I remember the fashion shops of Chelsea Girl and Etam had very little stock of size 16, so nothing changes does it.

Thank you for letting us know of this promising news, flamenco:bear: It must have been a very difficult time for you, sometimes people tend to forget that the parents of children with eating disorders are going through a very stressful and difficult time too. I hope you have some good and understanding support. I am sure you would have looked into anorexia and eating disorder on the web , but I was wondering if you have seen this :
http://www.maudsleyparents.org/ if not I hope it is of some help, there is a tape there, (most probably you already know most of the stuff on it) and you know I am sending you my support with this post:bear:

It must be very hard also to find clothes for her, at least now there are some petite clothes, when I was underweight, I had to buy children's clothes , mostly from M&S and I was lucky if I found some decent ones that did not look like children's clothes.
Please keep us posted, as you have seen we, this forum members are with you:flower:

Latest posts

Back