L'Occitane TSV/Beauty Day 17th July

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Haven't gone for the TSV but I have brought the Shower Oil Duo as on EZ pay & ........ drum roll........ Free P&P:clapping:

As well as the high p and p to send these items, don't you also think QVC choose these 'heavyweight' items for the TSV as the postage costs of returning them often deters people from bothering to send them back?

Hi everyone. Have to admit I do really like the look of the floral tsv. I'm a sucker for l'occitane although haven't bought any since the xmas tsv (got the warm version in green box?). Anyway, just for anyone else who might be considering, I'm doing comparisons with what you could get from the actual l'occitane site. Agreed the P&P is extortionate so it's only a good option in that they've put it on 3 easy pay.

If buying from l'occitane dot com I could get the following instead...

plum blossom shower gel 200ml (same as tsv) £13
liquid soap 500ml (same as tsv) £17
milk extra gentle soap 100g (twice size of tsv soap) £4.50
supersize rose 4 reines 500ml or cherry blossom 500ml £17.50 (instead of nuit de mai in tsv)

There's no substitute for the cherry blossom hand soap as they don't have it on l'occitane dot com - but I'd bet it's pretty much the same thing as the shower gel in diff packaging. I'd also pick the sweet almond liquid soap as I prefer it to lavender.

This lot would total £52 compared to the £48.21 that the tsv comes to inc P&P. BUT now comes the important bit. On l'occitane dot com you can get free gifts with various codes. I would use code AMV15 (over £25 spend) which would then also give me a provencal favourites collection (75ml pivione floral shower gel, 75ml cherry blossom shower gel and 10ml shea hand cream.) PLUS this code gives FREE P&P.

Other codes are BREEZE which gives you a verbena collection or ADY20 (over £35 spend) for a head to toe summer collection.

So the price difference here tbh is marginal but with l'occitane dot com I feel there's much more flexibility to which products you can get, i.e. pick and choose and you don't need to spend as much as the tsv costs and still obtain free P&P. Disadvantage is no easy pay. Just thought this might be helpful to anyone considering the tsv today.

Soap, more soap & yet more soap with the privilege of paying extortionate postage.

Used to be that the TSV contained body lotion, handcream, footcream along with the various permutations on washing but not any more.
They must think we're a mucky lot!!

Just watched the 11am show and could not believe my ears when a T caller was giving her advice on different ways to use L'Occitane products and she said she uses them to clean her bathroom and kitchen apparently they bring a beautifull shine to granite!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet they bliddy do talk about extravagant any one else have any other tips personally i just use them for showering call me old fashioned
another point i do love Verbena but i also like the floral fragrances and i wish they would do a mixed option as i dont actually want 5 products all in verbena and would like a choice of fragrances and thanks to Pearl i am going to have a look at L'Occitane website anyone know if they do easy pay lol xx

Just watched the 11am show and could not believe my ears when a T caller was giving her advice on different ways to use L'Occitane products and she said she uses them to clean her bathroom and kitchen apparently they bring a beautifull shine to granite!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet they bliddy do talk about extravagant any one else have any other tips personally i just use them for showering call me old fashioned
another point i do love Verbena but i also like the floral fragrances and i wish they would do a mixed option as i dont actually want 5 products all in verbena and would like a choice of fragrances and thanks to Pearl i am going to have a look at L'Occitane website anyone know if they do easy pay lol xx

I heard that too - I thought wow she must be loaded!!!

I like L'Occitane and I'm sure I've added this to this thread already - but its the same old,same old.I used to buy loads - now,I really can't remember when I last purchased.I just don't see the value of the TSV today - it is at the end of the day,soap.Maybe if I lived on my own or just with a partner - but with an adult family of 4,this would be gone in no time.

And the P&P?????? Disgusting.Its not £41 whatever the price is - its actually £48 ish:angry:

Catherine was wittering on about putting the bottles out on display only to dress your home!!! So not only do I have to dress myself, my pets now its the home too!!!!

Heard the woman saying about cleaning her kitchen worktops and taps with L'Occitane. I use Cif myself.

The banging on and on and on about the super size of the handwash, its always been 500mls size so nothing special at all!

I didn't go for it the P&P put me off and it is just soap as already pointed out !!!!! Did go for the shower duo with free P&P but not on easy
pay as I can't remember what I've got on it,or what I'm still paying for!!!!!!

Was just having a snoop through the QVC FB page and someone started a thread asking "Do you think Alexis uses L'occitane shower gels and liquid soaps? x" and you get the usual answers , Interestingly the person who started the thread posted this tit-bit about Alexis which is interesting "Well, i spoke to Alexis at the beauty bash this year. I was pregnant then and wasnt sure which L'occitane shower gels and liquid soaps i shouldnt use while pregnant. And guess what, she didnt have a clue coz she had to ask her colleague who was there with her (i dont remember her name as my brain goes mushy when pregnant, lol). So, somehow i doubt, she uses L'occitane products. xx".

Alexis is still doubling up the prices of a normal-sized shower gel.. Eugh do QVC think we aren't going to look for prices and not see the lies that are being told??

Hi everyone. Have to admit I do really like the look of the floral tsv. I'm a sucker for l'occitane although haven't bought any since the xmas tsv (got the warm version in green box?). Anyway, just for anyone else who might be considering, I'm doing comparisons with what you could get from the actual l'occitane site. Agreed the P&P is extortionate so it's only a good option in that they've put it on 3 easy pay.

If buying from l'occitane dot com I could get the following instead...

plum blossom shower gel 200ml (same as tsv) £13
liquid soap 500ml (same as tsv) £17
milk extra gentle soap 100g (twice size of tsv soap) £4.50
supersize rose 4 reines 500ml or cherry blossom 500ml £17.50 (instead of nuit de mai in tsv)

There's no substitute for the cherry blossom hand soap as they don't have it on l'occitane dot com - but I'd bet it's pretty much the same thing as the shower gel in diff packaging. I'd also pick the sweet almond liquid soap as I prefer it to lavender.

This lot would total £52 compared to the £48.21 that the tsv comes to inc P&P. BUT now comes the important bit. On l'occitane dot com you can get free gifts with various codes. I would use code AMV15 (over £25 spend) which would then also give me a provencal favourites collection (75ml pivione floral shower gel, 75ml cherry blossom shower gel and 10ml shea hand cream.) PLUS this code gives FREE P&P.

Other codes are BREEZE which gives you a verbena collection or ADY20 (over £35 spend) for a head to toe summer collection.

So the price difference here tbh is marginal but with l'occitane dot com I feel there's much more flexibility to which products you can get, i.e. pick and choose and you don't need to spend as much as the tsv costs and still obtain free P&P. Disadvantage is no easy pay. Just thought this might be helpful to anyone considering the tsv today.

Its good that you have worked out a comparison but you have said 52 pounds for 4 products, when there is 5 in the tsv so not a real comparison

I made it 250ml shower gel same as tsv 13,
lavender wash as tsv 17
500ml rose de mai as tsv 17.50
300ml hand and body wash 13.50
50g soap 3.50
making the total 64.50
and the other kit the 500ml bath foam is 19pounds so total would be 66.00.

I'm thinking about buying the almond oil shower gel because I have really dry tight skin, does anyone know how long it keeps for as the reviews seem to indicate that one bottle lasts for ages?
Thanks.

Cooo-eee Donna! Or any perfume experts. Cashmire Woods base-note has nowt to do with smelling like a pricey woolly pully does it? Alexis has just drawn this tenuous "expensive" analogy. Love her triangle diagrams but she does talk a lot of tommy rot sometimes.
Jude xx

I'm thinking about buying the almond oil shower gel because I have really dry tight skin, does anyone know how long it keeps for as the reviews seem to indicate that one bottle lasts for ages?
Thanks.

It says 12 months once opened on the bottle but I think my 400ml bottle has been opened longer than that as I prefer to use it in the bath and like to vary which bath product I use

Yet they claimed they sold thousands!
I think I heard "Sold over 11,000" when I channel hopped last night.
I don't believe them!

Latest posts

Back