Liz Earle TSV Saturday 05 February 2011

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Giving this a miss too this time. Usually buy Liz Earle TSVs but I bought two of the Elemis ones last time so have two lots of the gel cleanser and PCMC and my skin's no better or worse.

May have been tempted to stock up, if it hadn't included the shampoo and conditioner, but they were awful on my hair. Not bad at first, but after a few weeks, my hair was SO dry, especially on the ends. I realise that this is probably because they don't contain "nasties" but I guess my hair needs them, because as soon as I went back to my regular S and C, it improved no end!

Giving this a miss too this time. Usually buy Liz Earle TSVs but I bought two of the Elemis ones last time so have two lots of the gel cleanser and PCMC and my skin's no better or worse.

May have been tempted to stock up, if it hadn't included the shampoo and conditioner, but they were awful on my hair. Not bad at first, but after a few weeks, my hair was SO dry, especially on the ends. I realise that this is probably because they don't contain "nasties" but I guess my hair needs them, because as soon as I went back to my regular S and C, it improved no end!

Thats not the first time I have heard that about the shampoo and it has put me off trying it. A lot of people loved it at first, but after a while it made a mess of their hair. Don't think I will risk it. The TSV looks good although I buy direct these days, I would have gone for it if it did not have the shampoo.

I am also giving this a miss. There was a time when I would have been SOOO excited by Liz's tsv's. I've kinda gone off it now. Bought the last 2 elemis tsv's ,so looking forward to the next elemis one. :yawn:

I really don't know how LE can claim that the Brightening Treatment suits every skin type:wonder: I haven't got particularly sensitive skin but that product is SO harsh, I wouldn't want to put it on a skin that's delicate at all.
In fact I find quite a lot of her stuff quite harsh:doh:

I have to agree with you, Rozzy. For the most part I am a-ok with Liz's range and find it ok on my skin (never use C&P though and cannot use her shampoo, was awful) her Skin Tonic is sublime and love the bodywashes. But oh em gee, the Brightening Treatment gave me such a bad reaction, I had little pin prick burst blood vessels all over my face after using it just once - the main culprit is camphor, which can in some cases be a skin irritant. That was what did me.

Charlie "Mogadon" Brook was just extolling the virtues of the shampoo to Liz....how much his children love it etc. Funny, they loved and would only use Ojon, when he was talking to Dennis a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Charlie "Mogadon" Brook was just extolling the virtues of the shampoo to Liz....how much his children love it etc. Funny, they loved and would only use Ojon, when he was talking to Dennis a few weeks ago.

Heard him say he got the TSV sent to him in a gift bag. Liz had to say it came in a box for the rest of the universe.

what a brilliant nickname. I thought at the time just how slow and dreary he was this morning. bored me shi*less

have come to my senses after looking at my stockpile! :wonder: howon earth did I pile up as much as I did?
I am not buying it, although I like her shampoo have used it since the summer and am very happy with it.
Saying that I do not get on with her line serum at all, makes my eyes very red and watery for hours afterwards. :wonder:Horsesfor courses or whatever the expression is.

Just been on uk.lizearle.com to look at the ingredients in the shampoo before I buy it (from John Lewis next week). Looking at all the nice 'nature' pictures it sounded wonderful, until I scrolled down to the bottom of the page to the 'Other Ingredients'. I'm not impressed with the sound of that lot. :confused:

On QVC's website the TSV has already got 3 5star reviews. One lady even giving it 5 stars and saying that she can't wait to use the shampoo as she hasn't tried it before. I doesn't make sense :wonder:

I might be a crotchety old cow but whenever I see a review where the person gushes about a product without having tried it I mark it as 'unhelpful'.

Just been on uk.lizearle.com to look at the ingredients in the shampoo before I buy it (from John Lewis next week). Looking at all the nice 'nature' pictures it sounded wonderful, until I scrolled down to the bottom of the page to the 'Other Ingredients'. I'm not impressed with the sound of that lot. :confused:

It isn't nearly as natural as she makes out, and still contains a few potential nasty irritants, like cocamidopropyl betaine...

I have completely gotten over Liz Earle and won't be buying this. There was a time, not too long ago, when I would have bought it whatever was in it. I am reformed!

Me too, used to buy from this range but find it is nothing special, I do like the body cream and the tonic stuff with the lovely smell but the brightening treatment made my face feel as if it was on fire!! When I watched a bit of the afternoon show I began to wonder if they were using really soft focus on Liz as she looked so blurry that I almost thought that a) my telly was on the blink or B) my eyesight was going!

has anyone seen in feb issue of woman & home magazine they are promoting an exclusive evening with Liz Earle at selected John Lewis stores tickets are 15 quid but ticket price is redeemable against products bought on the night and everyone attending gets a free goody bag worth over 50 pounds its a win win you can reserve tickets at lizearle.com/womenandhome PS i am not on commission xx

has anyone seen in feb issue of woman & home magazine they are promoting an exclusive evening with Liz Earle at selected John Lewis stores tickets are 15 quid but ticket price is redeemable against products bought on the night and everyone attending gets a free goody bag worth over 50 pounds its a win win you can reserve tickets at lizearle.com/womenandhome PS i am not on commission xx

But will you have to wear a veil, so you the same effect as watching Liz in soft focus on TV?:devil:

Bet the under eye bags in real life won't shift many Eye Bright.

I might be a crotchety old cow but whenever I see a review where the person gushes about a product without having tried it I mark it as 'unhelpful'.

I do too! That really winds me up and makes a mockery of the whole system.

Latest posts

Back