Liz Earle TSV 10/12/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Liz Earle 4 Piece Fragrance, Face & Body Collection TSV 10/12/22 (no pre sale apparently) (choice of 1, 15, 20, 100)

50ml Fragrance RRP £59 + post (on LE Direct)
250ml Rose & Bergamot Cleanse & Polish RRP £35 + post (on QVC website)
200ml Rosemary & Rock Rose Body Wash RRP £17 + post (on LE Direct)
200ml Rosemary & Rock Rose Body Cream RRP £20 + post (on LE Direct)

Total £131 + post
I'm in

I remember a friend told me that when you get older your sense of smell fades, so you need to use stronger perfumes say edp instead of edt version. I said I could smell perfectly well.

Another thing is you can get nose blind, you cannot smell your perfume but others can. So you ask someone, can you smell my perfume? Or, is your skin dry? Dry skin will eat perfume very quickly. On perfume forums, it was suggested putting Vaseline on your wrists before spraying as it will help hold it or spray a cotton wool ball and tuck into your bra. Okay, I admit I never had the problem after 4 hours the perfume might not be blasting out, but I can still smell as it is skin close.

They don't use the ingredients that they used to. I love fragrance but its a big disapointment when you cant smell it after 10 minutes.
`I think there are reviews saying that very thing… can’t remember whether it’s on qvc or the LE website. It does seem that they have changed the formula somewhere along the way…. Sigh.

It's all about making money, they and loads of other perfume houses dump down on ingredients to save money but sell for high end money. They're thinking if you have to use more of the perfume, then you will repurchase quicker. On the perfume forums it is known about reformulation and the company never mentions they do it, say every 5 years on the quiet. You get the question, did (fill in perfume house), reformulate? Yes. Hence, why there is a big market on vintage, and we are not talking 20 years old sometimes only 5 years ago.

I do recall a few months back trying the other scents in the range, ie 20 and 100 to see if i liked them in Boots when they were on offer and after about 30 mind could barely smell them, I know its not my sense of smell fading as other brands ie Ysl, Armani etc I can still smell long after having a spray in store, so that's another product I won't be re-purchasing from them. Will still use superskin but if they mess with that I am off!

I do recall a few months back trying the other scents in the range, ie 20 and 100 to see if i liked them in Boots when they were on offer and after about 30 mind could barely smell them, I know its not my sense of smell fading as other brands ie Ysl, Armani etc I can still smell long after having a spray in store, so that's another product I won't be re-purchasing from them. Will still use superskin but if they mess with that I am off!
Oh my goodness, if they mess with Superskin I will be devastated! I love it when it gets really cold, and at night.

Out of all of them I think the no1 lasts the longest.
They’ve discontinued the only one I haven’t tried.
Was it any good ?

I can't say I liked the smell of the discontinued one and can't really remember what it smelt of tbh, apologies. I ordered the big deal superskin set on advanced order, if I am not happy with it it will go straight back
I didn't like the discontinued no 6. It was too berry woodsy, perhaps with ginger in there? It was dubbed a walk in the woods after rain, which sounds really nice, but it wasn't. I like pretty/citrus/sparkling fragrances, but not those cheapy sweet ones. I avoid vanilla/brulee/gourmand like the plague. Give me a headache

I’m thinking of getting this set for my sister- in -law, what is the best frag to go for - she’s in her mid 40’s ?

Latest posts

Back