Liz Earle TSV - 04/02/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just read through all 81 reviews on the liz Earle website for the skin tint in a bid to determine what colour to go for. My skin is fair (but not Laura Geller b&b porcelain pale), but it has a lot of redness. I can get away with BE medium as it's pinky toned. If you've tried the samples which would you suggest I go for, the lightest or the next one up ( I definitely don't suit anything yellow toned)?

many thanks

I would go for the middle one, Beige 02 I am quite pale (dont tan) but have redness and this is the one I use
I used to use BE Medium Beige (I think) and LG fair is too pale for me
If you can get to a John Lewis they will pick the right colour for you and show you how to apply correctly

Last edited:
The inclusion of sample sachets in a TSV seems odd; they include them when you order the skin tint so you can try them without opening the full-size and so you can return it for the correct shade if needs be. Ofcourse QVC won't just swap a single item within a collection so they'd tell you to return the whole set if the skin tint isn't right. Maybe they're just automatically included with every skin tint?

Jude xx

Small size of instant boost AGAIN!!! Will this be 2 years on the trot of no full size instant boost in any LE TSV's???

Small size of instant boost AGAIN!!! Will this be 2 years on the trot of no full size instant boost in any LE TSV's???

Cant be sure exactly how long but its certainly been quite a while since a full size IBST in a TSV
I would rather have a small size C&P and full size IB

Not for me at that price, £50 all in for 3 full sizes and some skin tint (doesn't count as full size to me coz I dont know if it's worth the money) expensive!!

I ordered mine on 31st after seeing SCW and Tabitha's info:clapping:. But, now item number isn't bringing up details just message to contact customer services. Did anyone else buy early? Perhaps, they were worried about "stock levels". Just checked and still not shipped which is unusual as my recent beauty orders have been dispatched within 24 hours. Now I'm wondering if they're punishing me for being naughty and cheating the system:cheeky:!

Last edited:
Why put a full size skin tint in the tsv? Are they piling up in the warehouse? Liz Earle is a skin care company primarily and isn't that what most people want when they look forward to a tsv? I love Balance and Brighten and don't get on at all with the skin tint (I've tried the samples). They will of course shift thousands of these kits as usual by making us believe we ain't lived til we try this little wonder, but I do think most people know what sort of foundation suits them. Skincare can be incorporated into any regime but not foundation. Fine, have it as a separate offering, but not in the tsv. Feeling railroaded.

I've just tried the sample tints I received with a previous order from LE and I'm not keen. I don't use liquid foundation anyway as I hate the made-up look and these haven't changed my mind. The words 'skin tint' made me think maybe they would be more like a barely there tinted moisturiser, but it's definitely a gloopy foundation. Me no likey and I think I'll probably pass on this and order the Superskin on it's own when I run out. No point in purchasing something I'll never in a squillion years use.

Why put a full size skin tint in the tsv? Are they piling up in the warehouse? Liz Earle is a skin care company primarily and isn't that what most people want when they look forward to a tsv? I love Balance and Brighten and don't get on at all with the skin tint (I've tried the samples). They will of course shift thousands of these kits as usual by making us believe we ain't lived til we try this little wonder, but I do think most people know what sort of foundation suits them. Skincare can be incorporated into any regime but not foundation. Fine, have it as a separate offering, but not in the tsv. Feeling railroaded.

Good point Bea. I use B&B and Skin Tint and like them both. However, I understand why many people don't like the Skin Tint as foundation is a very personal preference. To be honest. I won't keep ST for myself as you need so little of it - I bought when it launched and won't need another 'til next year probably! I think they're taking a big risk putting a full size foundation in and may well get more LE TSVs returned than ever before. LE may be a skincare company primarily but it seems they're going after the cosmetic market too.

I know I am a LE devotee and always seem to be sticking up for LE and her products

When I first saw the sheer skin tint on the before and after pictures I was disappointed and didnt think you could see much difference and when I first tried the sample I put it on like I do my moisturiser and was really disappointed as I couldnt see much difference but when I went in to JL store to check if I had bought the correct colour, she showed me how to apply it and she blended it in and only did one side of my face and even though I have high colour due to rosacea I could definately see a difference, it had even covered the redness.

I hate liquid foundations and most make up but when I put this on I dont feel like I am wearing any make up
but my skin looks a lot better.

I apply it by putting a small amount on the back of my hand like a pallette and use one finger to blend in to my face doing my cheeks, forehead etc separately

I'm not a make-up wearer in any way, shape or form, and far prefer Skin Repair to Superskin, so I shall deffo be skipping this one. Shame really as the Feb Liz Earle TSV is often one of the better ones for me, usually with full sizes of stuff I'll always use like the Orange Flower Body Wash or Hand Repair etc :sad:. I can't help but think that putting a full size Skin Tint in has limited the market somewhat, the trick to TSVs is to be as generic as poss (hence why Lola Rose always do tumble bracelets or a flower/heart necklace instead of some huge statement cuff [sigh]...just a loosely connected slightly off-topic personal gripe :giggle:)

My money is safe. I hate the skin tint. I have a full one at the back of the drawer. It's far too luminous in the daytime for me. The first airing in public was on a shopping trip and I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror in M&S and I looked like a disco ball. Yuk. Never worn it since.

Another one saving her money here! Love LE and have done for years but don't wear make-up and even though I tried the skin tint with a sample, I'm not converted. Skin repair is better for me than superskin as a moisturiser in spite of me being in the suitable age range. And anyway I have enough of the items I use in my stash.

Can't remember the last LE TSV I bought which is sad in an odd way....they just don't seem to have the value and selection of the olden days. Not to mention the great bags.

I thought Liz Earle didn't want to use silicones, but the sheer skin tint contains 2 silicones :
dimethicone as 7th ingredient
and methicone as 25th ingredient
:down::down:

I'll be giving this a miss too ..... Have been looking forward to this LE TSV but despite being 40+ still have very greasy skin so need light skin repair not super skin and from what I've read the skin tint will really not suit me and anyway I am a BE devotee as my skin is also super sensitive. Very disappointing but if they have more of a trad combo on EP on the day (C&P, IBST and skin repair) I'm probably in . Doubt this TSV will sell out.

I received the Liz Earle booklet for February (from LE Direct) and the layout has been changed inside. Looks like an Avon catalogue...

Latest posts

Back