Liz Earle - Bringing the big guns out!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
Anyone else watching now? She's brought Jo Fairley on to guest with her. It's like a lovely tea party with jelly an hice-cream. What a lovely love in they're all having.

I thought Jo Fairley was supposed to be a bit more impartial than this, what with The Beauty Bible and all that. Jo's just said all she uses is Liz Earle!

They're really pushing the Cleanse and Polish too... :bandit:

There is some connection between those two, can't remember exactly what, I think maybe they used to work together, so Jo Fairley peddling her friends wares is hardly impartial. No wonder Liz wins all these awards in The Beauty Bible!

and it turns out that to get its all so important ratings the beauty bible tests its products out on 10 women. yes thats ten, i havent left a couple of noughts off.

ten.

wow.

It is a good read actually but I got mine from Amazon for about £9 :happy:

My husband said when I turned over during an advert break '' Is that her mother ?'':mysmilie_483:

I nearly spat my tea all over my laptop.

Have just found this. Oh its so sweet. And tonight they have the biggest girly girl with them. As you say lets get the jelly & ice cream out

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/how-we-met-liz-earle--jo-fairley-1707700.html

thanks for this link...not sure why, but it really annoyed me...think liz is coming across as a bit too smug for my liking these days...i guess that's what happens when you have gazillions in the bank...

thanks for this link...not sure why, but it really annoyed me...think liz is coming across as a bit too smug for my liking these days...i guess that's what happens when you have gazillions in the bank...

I thought it was her mother as well.

She got her start on This Morning with Judy and Richard years ago, I remember her sitting there looking quite meek.

I did turn over for a few mins and saw this posh woman talking.. I just assumed that Liz had got another presenter (or maybe she was a rep from Avon, haha).. But after reading here, I see she is from the Beauty Bible..
The more I hear about LE - selling out to Avon, not acknowledging the problems people are having with the reformulated C&P and her smugness - well, I just hope, what goes around, comes around..
Also, all the awards she wins from the Beauty Bible, highly suspicious if you ask me..
A case of 'I'll scratch your back, if you scratch mine' maybe :bandit:

I've just had to put somebody right about C&P on the QVC Facebook page. They stated they were coming out in spots when using C&P. The lady was getting replies from people saying "Wash your muslin cloths everyday". So I replied "Despite what LE states C&P formula HAS changed. Almond oil has been replaced with Cocoa Butter. A lot of people have complained about this and have come out in spots since the formula change" etc etc. Hope I haven't stirred up a hornets nest.

I've just had to put somebody right about C&P on the QVC Facebook page. They stated they were coming out in spots when using C&P. The lady was getting replies from people saying "Wash your muslin cloths everyday". So I replied "Despite what LE states C&P formula HAS changed. Almond oil has been replaced with Cocoa Butter. A lot of people have complained about this and have come out in spots since the formula change" etc etc. Hope I haven't stirred up a hornets nest.

oh I hope you have! I don't use C & P all the time (have some to use up) and I have to say if I've got the new version it hasn't affected my skin, but obviously a lot of people aren't happy with it and the issue does need to be addressed, not just LE sitting there looking into the camera and telling people that it hasn't changed when everyone knows it has.

Liz, Jo and Sarah(latter two Beauty Bible), go way way back to newspaper days in the early 90s. They always push LE products even in the book they did about Cheaper products and infact LE was more expensive than their cut off point of price in the book.

One of them not sure now who, owned Green and Black chocolate and then sold it to either Cadburys or Nestle think it was Cadburys. So no stranger to get the money and running with it.

I do get newsletters from the Beauty Bible and I swear both women do use other products than LE something like Speize cleansing balm which was organic. I remeember they raved about it alot and a Carrot butter something cleasner too. Know what I often wondered if the Beauty Bible women had shares or something in LE.

My husband said when I turned over during an advert break '' Is that her mother ?'':mysmilie_483:

I nearly spat my tea all over my laptop.

Have just found this. Oh its so sweet. And tonight they have the biggest girly girl with them. As you say lets get the jelly & ice cream out

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/how-we-met-liz-earle--jo-fairley-1707700.html

Shame the girly girl had to be on and spoil it! She looked so 'ungroomed' next to them in her Esther Ranzsen off the shoulder dress. Does anyone remember Esther in those dresses in the 80's when she used to do 'That's Life'? Why does JF have to do 3 hours straight shift too? Why can't we have Pipa or someone more articulate and easier on the eye and ear occasionally?

Read your post on FB. I hope it does make people think. I can't bear the fact that LE looks straight at the camera & is not honest about it. She is so patronising & condescending & makes me want to :puke:

Cocoa butter has always been in Cleanse and polish, almond milk was removed and hasn't been replaced

Liz Earle - what she is really like?

Hello,

I am new to the Forum, my name is Babyface, I was amused to read the Liz Earle post, I have been using her products for around 8 years on/off now, and have been to several of the customer events at the Chelsea store.

I think the products are largely really good, but not the best in the whole world and do find Liz cultivates a 'perfect' image I can't put my finger on it, but maybe unknowingly, she comes across as patronising and with an undoubtably regal and superior air, its quite amusing watching and hearing her staff as she is about to enter into the store, one wonders whether they are able to be anything but gushing about her and the product, and is she really that nice? I wonder also, why Kim Buckland is always hidden, she very rarely makes an appearance............

I am getting a tad sick of all the Liz Earle adulation,especially on Facebook.She must have an ego the size of a planet by now!
I challenge anyone to say she looked fabulous/dewy/young last night on QVC because she didn't..she looked tired,baggy eyed and every one of her 48 years!
We can all have off days and so does Liz,quite often.
I am sure I would look a lot younger than my 51 years if I had Liz's bank balance and the help she does.
Lets not forget Liz Earle is not our friend,she is a very successful and some would say ruthless business woman doing what she does best, which is sell sell sell!!

Rant over :up:

Cocoa butter has always been in Cleanse and polish, almond milk was removed and hasn't been replaced

Yes that's right. There seems to be confusion about this. They haven't added anything AFAIK, but removed an ingredient that some people liked. The communication over this has been less than good though.

Must admit as a C&P devotee, I DID notice the difference at first, but all seems to be well now. Almond Milk or not, having deviated recently to the copycat Sanctuary and No7 versions, I'm sticking with it as I really notice the difference in my skin if I use anything else.

It was a bit of a "love in" last night though! :sleepy:

Yes that's right. There seems to be confusion about this. They haven't added anything AFAIK, but removed an ingredient that some people liked. The communication over this has been less than good though.

Must admit as a C&P devotee, I DID notice the difference at first, but all seems to be well now. Almond Milk or not, having deviated recently to the copycat Sanctuary and No7 versions, I'm sticking with it as I really notice the difference in my skin if I use anything else.

It was a bit of a "love in" last night though! :sleepy:

I totally agree re the confusion which I tihnk is in part to peeps not fully understamding the changes because there hasn't been one clear announcement.

However, on facebook wehn asked the Liz Earle team have clearly explained the changes and for some peeps they can't stand the new formula and others love it still. I prefer the new formula but don't use all the time.

I think they should give in to lots of their long standing customers and maybe do with and without almond milk versions

I do agree too that last night was a bit OTT. I think its good for Liz Earle's influential pals to support the brand but at the end of the day I do feel that the main reason the brand is supported by the BB lady is because she is Liz Earle's friend. She raves about the formulas and probably does genuinely like them (and I'm sure gets them free for her trouble) but I do wonder if there are other great brands out there that don't get a look in because they don't have the right indistry connections.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back