Jill Franks last night on Liz Earle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I always think of Dave Hill from Slade

Whoever she resembles, she is certainly no advert for healthy nutrition or any beauty product she claims to use.

Me too. :mysmilie_17: Don't know how she fits QVC in at Christmas, touring with Slade tribute band must take up all her time.

Women who think they are gorgeous and act as though they are reduce any attractiveness they have. You can't beat natural, normal behaviour to give a woman a vibrant spark. Not to mention making them good friend material. Having no housewife skill, in case a nail is chipped or broken, can't be bothered, this is beneath me, is doing a disservice to the Suffragette Movement and womankind in general. Hope her husband if he becomes ill is happy to have his fevered brow mopped by someone other than his beloved non-housewife who can't remove a child friendly lid. She needs to grow up sharpish. Wonder what her parents think of her "I don't do" egotistical witterings.

I always think of Dave Hill from Slade

Whoever she resembles, she is certainly no advert for healthy nutrition or any beauty product she claims to use.

Nah, she's not that good looking :mysmilie_14:

Definitely Iggy Pop

image.jpg

She comes across as a vain airhead to me and hasn't got a clue what she's talking about most of the time. She seems more interested in looking at herself on the monitor than listening to the guest presenters who are trying to sell their products.

These shopping channels must have very good staff perks, because the presenters (particularly on Q) have been in their jobs for YEARS !! - they rarely leave unless its for maternity (or pushed like Deb Greenwood and Julian) reasons; so why is that ? in most other companies staff chop and change all the time, but the incentives in their contracts at Q must be so good that they would have left long ago. Even the 'newbies' - Chloe, and Margarine have stayed the pace, and Craig is glued at the hip to the place. The downside is they can get stale with the viewers, so it would be a change to have different faces every couple of years or so.

These shopping channels must have very good staff perks, because the presenters (particularly on Q) have been in their jobs for YEARS !! - they rarely leave unless its for maternity (or pushed like Deb Greenwood and Julian) reasons; so why is that ? in most other companies staff chop and change all the time, but the incentives in their contracts at Q must be so good that they would have left long ago. Even the 'newbies' - Chloe, and Margarine have stayed the pace, and Craig is glued at the hip to the place. The downside is they can get stale with the viewers, so it would be a change to have different faces every couple of years or so.

Could anyone suggest alternative employment for JF? I'm struggling to think what she could do.

Well, she's about the same height and build as those shop window mannequins in the department stores - her claw hands would be able to hold all manner of products !!!!

Well, she's about the same height and build as those shop window mannequins in the department stores - her claw hands would be able to hold all manner of products !!!!

She could work in a cake shop- think of all the staff discount they,d save on stuff she didn't buy! Lol!

Crickey - it's like I've just walked in on a teenage bitch fest....

Jill is what she is - but I'll bet that's not entirely the same as her TV persona.

She's managed to look after dogs for most of her life so I'm sure she can get her hands dirty if she needs to. I'm also sure she'd look after her husband too if the need arose... it's amazing what we can do when we need to.

Criticise her work, dress sense etc but none of us knows what's happening in her private life and it's really none of our business - why get so personal?

Crickey - it's like I've just walked in on a teenage bitch fest....

Jill is what she is - but I'll bet that's not entirely the same as her TV persona.

She's managed to look after dogs for most of her life so I'm sure she can get her hands dirty if she needs to. I'm also sure she'd look after her husband too if the need arose... it's amazing what we can do when we need to.

Criticise her work, dress sense etc but none of us knows what's happening in her private life and it's really none of our business - why get so personal?

Because she is expecting us to buy something she is making fun of and more to the point making fun of us suckers who do not have the luxury of being able to be "a girly girl who doesn't even know where the kitchen is". If she wants to make fun of herself she isn't making a good job of it and it doesn't make her nearly as clever as she thinks .

If she only wants the fashion and beauty shows you'd think she would make more of an effort in her dress and appearance - the last time I caught a glimpse of her she looked like a stick bean with a bell tent draped over it, there was no shape or style to the top she was wearing, which just hung on her. She reminds me of someone from the 1950's Beatnik era, all baggy tops and long, lank hair around her face. It's a look that a woman of her age just cannot get away with and look credible (especially someone on TV), and IMO most of the time she looks ridiculous - her look is actually making her look older than she is, if she did but realise it! When she commented on her lack of interest in all things kitchen-related, I did wonder how anyone could actually be proud of not knowing their way round a kitchen - did she have kids? If so, I presume they lived on sandwiches (if she was able to make them) or her Other Half did all the cooking? Oh, hang on a minute though, this is Q Land, isn't it? She probably had a cook in attendance to rustle up food for others and some lettuce for her.

Sadly she is past her prime now with the little "I'm so useless in the kitchen" girl act. I saw her on the Pretty You slippers show and it was in black leggings and high platform and skyscraper heels. She looked like a stork. I know we all dress for ourselves whatever our age, but she is looking quite bizarre these days, and despite her attempts to look fashionable with poker straight hair, it does smack of mutton dressed as lamb.

The presenters can also get complaisant if they've been there a long while and DF's a fine example of that - they believe their own publicity. I was thinking this when I last watched Craig, who I used to think was one of the more clued-up ones. The last couple of times I've seen him it was just sycophantic mumblings all the way through: no questions or clarifications asked from the guest, and no real information given to the viewers.

I think Tiddlywinks seems to forget it was only two days ago she was mocking Julia Roberts wearing clothes a size to small, can't remember exact wording but "sausage skin" was mentioned. Must've got down from that high horse called hypocrite for a minute.

I am not a fan of JF, so I usually turn off when she comes on, however, I saw that cooking show, and stayed tuned in in incredulity that she was corpsing so completely when there didn't seem anything to laugh about. What was going on? Were there comments being made in the gallery that were nsfw, so couldn't be repeated to the viewing public? I was surprised by her behaviour, she even had to leave the set she was in such a state, when she came back she was still snickering away and barely coherent. I found it completely unprofessional.

I am not a fan of JF, so I usually turn off when she comes on, however, I saw that cooking show, and stayed tuned in in incredulity that she was corpsing so completely when there didn't seem anything to laugh about. What was going on? Were there comments being made in the gallery that were nsfw, so couldn't be repeated to the viewing public? I was surprised by her behaviour, she even had to leave the set she was in such a state, when she came back she was still snickering away and barely coherent. I found it completely unprofessional.

All of the presenters are doing this more and more (especially the females including Miss Julia).
If I was in a shop and they did that I would complain to the manager.

Really rude and annoying. Middle aged + woman show know better. Stop acting like teenagers.

I've just seen JF doing a trailer for tomorrow's lunchtime show.

She is wearing a fitted black dress which looks so much better than her usual stuff. All spoilt by the hair, I know growing out a fringe is difficult but goodness she lives in a city, is not stuck for money, so surely she could go to a top stylist to sort this out.

Latest posts

Back