Letter Re Elemis 400ml Cleanser & Toner Set

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got the letter too. I spotted the QVC letter heading and the Elemis and thought, Oh rugger what is up now!!! If they had tried to charge the full amount I would have poured mine into smaller bottles and sent them back a tiny amount saying I was trying under the 30 day money back.:9:

Iclaudipuss and somone else* on here did contact QVC about the price, I will say others who are not members also did complaining only bought it on TSV day. So perhaps they are covering their asses, maybe someone got on to Trading Standards about the price increase from £19.25.

* Sorry forget who.

I didn't buy this, but I did see the posts when people bought. You would have thought QVC could have made light of it in the letter - along the lines of - We all make mistakes! We made an error in the price of these goods which should have been priced at ... please enjoy your bargain with our compliments. Hopefully, you will love this brand and use again although, of course, you will next see it see it at a different price!

I got the letter

Hi,
Just a thought.....didn't the mistake cost them enough money? Sending out letters to everyone who bought the set, saying very little, must have added to the total revenue lost.

:33::33::33:

I got the letter too! Two separate ones as had 2 orders!! Thought they could have enclosed it in one envelop.

Hi,
Just a thought.....didn't the mistake cost them enough money? Sending out letters to everyone who bought the set, saying very little, must have added to the total revenue lost.

:33::33::33:

I got the letter too & that was my first thought. Why the extra expense just to wag their finger at you? (That's what it feels like!)

I know that they received a lot of queries from people, including me, who had thought we were getting the best deal we were going to get on the Elemis TSV day when we purchased the set for the full price but on 3 easypay instalments. This price difference occurred about 2 weeks after the Elemis day and seemed somewhat disingenuous to those of us who paid about £31.00 more for the same item. Also, postage on the full-priced set was £4.95, double the postage on the bargain price offered later.
QVC 'lost' my first email and responded to the second by simply stating that 'the price of this item is £49.00, p&p £4.95. If we can be of any further assistance...'
I sent the set back as I really couldn't justify the price for the results I got - spots.
I think it's ridiculous that they have sent out this letter to people who naturally took advantage of a great price for the set. What are they trying to prove? They are so out of touch it's untrue.

Mine still on waitlist..no letter here :2: Looks like they will wait for the time to be up then have to ~reluctantly~ cancell my order :12: Then it can come back into stock...then I will never buy it again! Hey-ho..back to Liz Earle...mmmm....maybe just being cynical and it will arrive at the reduced price :54:

daydreamer

Mine still on waitlist..no letter here :2: Looks like they will wait for the time to be up then have to ~reluctantly~ cancell my order :12: Then it can come back into stock...then I will never buy it again! Hey-ho..back to Liz Earle...mmmm....maybe just being cynical and it will arrive at the reduced price :54:

daydreamer

that is exactly what i think, did you order the normal combination?

I thought the letter read as if they were saying, "We know you know that it was the wrong price, and that you tried to pull a fast one, but we'll let it go this time." The tone was most unpleasant.

I just received a letter from QVC.

Dear Mrs .....

Thank you for your recent purchase of the above item.

When the above item was recently aired it was shown at the QVC price of £49.00. However, due to an error the price on Q-Cut, QVC Active and qvcuk.com was showing as £19.25.

As a gesture of goodwill for the error that we made, we would like to inform you that we will be honouring the £19.25 price that you have paid for this item.

Should you have any further queries or questions please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department on 0800 51 41 31 who will be happy to help.

Thanks for shopping with QVC.

Yours sincerely

Sue Roscoe
Customer Focus Manager

The only question I got for them is can I have another 6 sets at the £19.25 price?:4:

I got one, too. Wonder why they've waited this long to send the letter out?

Their mistake

Hi,
They offered a product for a price that was very attractive and some people bought it at that advertised price. They sent out the items ordered and took the payment at their advertised price. They had no choice but to honour the transaction at that stage, as they were the ones who made the mistake. They could not have asked for the "proper" price in retrospect, as the bargain had been agreed between vendor and purchaser and the transaction had been finalised: money taken and goods delivered. There was no point in sending the letter and the cost of sending it out to all purchasers of that wrongly priced item cost them more money and achieved nothing, as far as I can see.

The situation for people with Waitlist orders however, may not be so clear, as no money has yet changed hands, so the transaction has not been finalised.
:59::59::59:

I got the letter as well and nearly wrote back telling them their tone was appaling - bit of a nerve if you ask me shoud've just left it or put a message on the website.
they need to remember who keeps them in business!!
Rant over had a bad day at work as well wine I need wine
Mollymoo

Another with the letter here, I do wonder if it's something to do with this forum and thread, we know they do read and I wouldn't put it past them to make a point WITHOUT responding via this forum. Like kids!

Latest posts

Back