Leighton Denny

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Does anyone know exactly what's in the Hot Pick? In the ads they showed early in this morning's show (and during the TSV launch for today), there's a large nail file standing next to the snakeskin case. Halfway through the show, there's a tube of Renovate instead.

I've already ordered and am going to be mightily disappointed if the large file isn't included.

What was the hotpick? Was it the manicure set in the snakeskin case?

If so you don't get the large nail file you get a mini one, clippers, buffer, cuticle pusher and renovate. I have the xmas hologram version and it is excellent very handy to carry around and know you have everything to hand. Good value too.

But if you are wanting the large nail file you need to cancel your order.

What was the hotpick? Was it the manicure set in the snakeskin case?

If so you don't get the large nail file you get a mini one, clippers, buffer, cuticle pusher and renovate. I have the xmas hologram version and it is excellent very handy to carry around and know you have everything to hand. Good value too.

But if you are wanting the large nail file you need to cancel your order.

That's the one.

Too late to cancel apparently. CS couldn't say if large file was included after I pointed out that I have the ad on Sky+ clearly showing it alongside the case.

Really, really annoyed now!

Does anyone know exactly what's in the Hot Pick? In the ads they showed early in this morning's show (and during the TSV launch for today), there's a large nail file standing next to the snakeskin case. Halfway through the show, there's a tube of Renovate instead.

I've already ordered and am going to be mightily disappointed if the large file isn't included.

Yep it is not the large one, in fact it is mini, even smaller than the normal small one that comes in the case.

So has he gone to a birthday do (Nina's explanation for his absence from the 3pm show) or is he feeling ill (Chloe's explanation)?

He mentioned something about a site online like youtube(sorry cannot remember the name), and he would be doing live demos on it in the future. Caught a bid last night on Beauty Show. Was blinded by AY's shiny shiny shimmberbrick, in fact her whole face looked really shiny for some reason.

I will say he thought, bugger it QVC I'm off.

The way they go on about his accent is ridiculous, take a step beyond the Watford gap QVC and there is a multitude of wonderful accents out there that aren't Estuary English!

It'd drive me mad if I was him with people still trying to mimic (badly) my accent. Once or twice is amusing enough, but for 10 flippin years...

Us Northerners, we don't all have whippets and flat caps you know...

Yes love his accent but I am biased am Yorkshire born and bred.

I missed the shows today (is that it now?). Bid odd if he went to a birthday party - how come he didn't know before today?

He mentioned something about a site online like youtube(sorry cannot remember the name), and he would be doing live demos on it in the future. Caught a bid last night on Beauty Show. Was blinded by AY's shiny shiny shimmberbrick, in fact her whole face looked really shiny for some reason.

I will say he thought, bugger it QVC I'm off.

He is going to be doing Periscope presentations. Periscope is live and you literally see/share what someone is viewing or filming on their device. I know someone who has developed a very similar app but I think they missed the boat because Twitter have taken Periscope over and it's suddenly everywhere.

Things haven't been rosy between QVC and Leighton for a long time. I can't say why but I witnessed it first hand.

It's looking very much like AY is getting on his nerves tonight.

You cannot leave us wondering what you witnessed - please enlighten us further without leaving yourself in a vulnerable situation ...

QVC have been running a promo clip for the LD shows and the voice said, "On Friday get free post and packing on Leighton Denny expert nails" it also mentions a Hairmax one time only. So we know the free P&P was a transient thing on a couple of items but has anyone seen a hairmax OTO. I can only see Hairmax item and it's the usual one they've been flogging recently. Maybe they mean there's a OTO during hour that features Hairmax?

I don't know why I've got a bee in my bonnet about it because I have plenty of blummin hair (bad hair day, don't ask), but I do get annoyed when they say one thing and then it doesn't actually meet expectation.

QVC have been running a promo clip for the LD shows and the voice said, "On Friday get free post and packing on Leighton Denny expert nails" it also mentions a Hairmax one time only. So we know the free P&P was a transient thing on a couple of items but has anyone seen a hairmax OTO. I can only see Hairmax item and it's the usual one they've been flogging recently. Maybe they mean there's a OTO during hour that features Hairmax?

I don't know why I've got a bee in my bonnet about it because I have plenty of blummin hair (bad hair day, don't ask), but I do get annoyed when they say one thing and then it doesn't actually meet expectation.

the hairmax OTO is the first one they did 400490 but its not live on the web

It's curious they were promoting a One Time Only a couple of days ahead, maybe they wanted to make sure it sells!

I have tried many LD's products and think they are the best!! One of his colours actually lasted ages on my nails and only needed a couple of slight touch ups!!
No other brands have matched this! Agree with OPI, this chips after 2 days with me, so will never buy again!!! Nails Inc is quite good too though!!! :mysmilie_59:[/QUOTE
I've gone off OPI because their colours look dated and the over use of glitter in the range no longer appeals to me now I am in my late 40s but the nail envy is fab and really works wonders.
I swear by my nails inc colours they last ages and don't chip much. I think theLD crystal file is great ,the best I've ever used.

I like Leighton Denny products. Don't like Nails Inc - they go so streaky and need 3 coats on me. OPI, well, I find they are unusable as they don't last 24 hours. I do like Revlon and Miss Sporty. However, I hate green, yellow, purple, blue and sparkly nail polishes. My friend's granddaughter does very well out of the gift sets I buy these days. Oh and don't get me started on Supermodel or Porchester Square. They make my skin look "dead."

Latest posts

Back