Lee Hobein annoying habits!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Simon Sims

Registered Shopper
I really wish QVC would stop Lee Hobein from sniffing through his presentations. It is really annoying and something you are taught not to do as a child.
He seems to do it every time he is on, so it is not a cold.
Perhaps he should try and blow his nose.
Also the habit of tugging at his jacket's collar is annoying too.
I am not a big fan, i agree, but having him demonstrate something i am interested in is very hard when his habits make watching him imposible.

Q need someone like Janice from IW , She actually knows her stuff unlike Lee.

He won't care, who are we with miserable lives to criticise him with luxury apartments around the world and a Mum who has every bit of kit he's ever flogged on QVC.

Not everyone can carry off the TinTin hair style.

Perhaps the sniffing is due to a substance he puts up his nose in the "green room" such as Olbas Oil, Vick Vapour Stick or a Ventolin inhaler ? Or cough sweets such as Fishermans Friends making his nose run. I've never seen anyone blow or wipe their nose on air, wonder if they keep tissues up their sleeves just in case ?

I really wish QVC would stop Lee Hobein from sniffing through his presentations. It is really annoying and something you are taught not to do as a child.
He seems to do it every time he is on, so it is not a cold.
Perhaps he should try and blow his nose.
Also the habit of tugging at his jacket's collar is annoying too.
I am not a big fan, i agree, but having him demonstrate something i am interested in is very hard when his habits make watching him imposible.

I remember once being in a tap dancing workshop given by a top black American dancer. He sniffed constantly throughout the session (his tap dancing was genius status), and I thought why doesn't he get his hanky out. It was only later, after he left that someone said he had an 'addiction problem'. I'm certainly not casting aspersions, just relaying an experience I had.

I think the presenters have signals they give to the cameras, telling them to switch the shot away from them if they need to wipe their noses or cough. I've noticed on Gems that Ellis Ward (who seems to have had a cough for ages) often goes completely quiet and the camera switches to close ups of the piece of jewellery when she's having a coughing fit. Ellis is very honest, and she usually says something like "sorry about that, I was having a bit of a coughing fit". Of course on IW, they probably wipe their noses on the bedlinen they're trying to flog....:giggle:

Perhaps the sniffing is due to a substance he puts up his nose in the "green room" such as Olbas Oil, Vick Vapour Stick or a Ventolin inhaler ? Or cough sweets such as Fishermans Friends making his nose run. I've never seen anyone blow or wipe their nose on air, wonder if they keep tissues up their sleeves just in case ?

Could it be related to studio air conditioning? I know it affects me and makes my nose run

Quite likely - I've worked in places with aircon and it's had the same running nose effect on me and others, woodster. Also some of the cleaning sprays and liquids today have all sorts of stuff in them - at home you can try to use natural cleaning products, but where you work they could be using anything.

Could it be related to studio air conditioning? I know it affects me and makes my nose run

Beautiful, isn't it. It was her sales patter for a pelvic floor exerciser they used to sell on Ideal World. I could never quite decide which of Ellis' incontinence or Dennice's disabled daughter was the more repellent sales tactic.

The level they sink to sometimes is appalling, strips them of all credibility.

Lol! No, never heard that one from her as yet, Craftalot (and don't want to, now I come to think of it - yeuch!!). There was some rigmarole she was going on about the other day, about an amethyst ring that had been bought for her (this was years ago, apparently) - anyway, I only caught the end of it and she mentioned something about it having been stolen from her, and was quite open about the prime suspect! I was amazed she said it live on air!

Ah, Ellis Ward... Does she still talk live on air about wetting herself when she was driving up Snake Pass and having to use her daughter's pashmina to soak it up?

Lol! No, never heard that one from her as yet, Craftalot (and don't want to, now I come to think of it - yeuch!!). There was some rigmarole she was going on about the other day, about an amethyst ring that had been bought for her (this was years ago, apparently) - anyway, I only caught the end of it and she mentioned something about it having been stolen from her, and was quite open about the prime suspect! I was amazed she said it live on air!

Oh, it was as regular as clockwork, unlike her bladder. It was part of her whole 'I understand your problems because I'm just like the rest of you' spiel, thereby assuming that IW's core audience is late middle-aged women with mixed incontinence.

Latest posts

Back