Laura Geller TSV - Beauty Day 30/01/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

there is another split pan baked highlighter i seen on the web for about £35
Balance-n-Brighten Foundation (9g) - £25 at Q cost £11.71
Split Pan Baked Highlighter (8g) RRP £35 (thanks SCW) cost £16.39
Italian Marble Lipstick (3.4g) - RRP £15.99 cost £7.49
Retractable Kabuki Brush - £22 at Q cost £10.30

Total £97.99 cost £45.89 incl p&p used in calculations.

It’s a cold horrible day outside, I am warm and cosy in my little home, plenty of food in, no wine ,I am preparing for dry February, as Jan. had a few slip ups and I sorely need a boost to see beyond our lockdown situation.So a prime target to be a spender on QVC beauty day, well why not a splurge? Except I feel as though I have seen it all before,tried and don’t want a repurchase so nothing at all to tempt me, a few new stars might have done it but money is safe and doubt that will change.

Having watched the presentation of the Party in a Palette set of five I was considering buying them to keep as birthday gifts for my colleagues.

Then I read the reviews, they are not made by artisans in Italy, they're made in China.

And what on earth does Julia look like? That dress does nothing for her.

I know it says "split pan highlighter" but the blurb says Pink Buttercream and this is a blush (my favourite actually) so I'm stuck here, is pink buttercream no longer a blush or is it actually a spilt pan of blush and highlight 🤷‍♀️????
there is another split pan baked highlighter i seen on the web for about £35
Is it the same size?
well from the blurb it said 8g but its hard to tell if thats right or not
Balance-n-Brighten Foundation (9g) - £25 at Q cost £11.71
Split Pan Baked Highlighter (8g) RRP £35 (thanks SCW) cost £16.39
Italian Marble Lipstick (3.4g) - RRP £15.99 cost £7.49
Retractable Kabuki Brush - £22 at Q cost £10.30

Total £97.99 cost £45.89 incl p&p used in calculations.
I don’t understand the comment about the highlighter / blush being said as being special in size in fact being a double size and Julia just saying it’s a super size blush
Well the LG blushers I have are 9g in size
I have had a rummage and hunted out from previous TSVs
Baked Cheek Dreams Highlighter & Blush Neapolitan 9g
Plus also sized the same
Baked Eye Pie Shadow Trio Birthday Cake

I don’t understand the comment about the highlighter / blush being said as being special in size in fact being a double size and Julia just saying it’s a super size blush
Plus also sized the same
I nearly didn’t do the ml for ml as I always have trouble locating the prices for this brand. Don’t like to post when I’m not sure.

It’s a cold horrible day outside, I am warm and cosy in my little home, plenty of food in, no wine ,I am preparing for dry February, as Jan. had a few slip ups and I sorely need a boost to see beyond our lockdown situation.So a prime target to be a spender on QVC beauty day, well why not a splurge? Except I feel as though I have seen it all before,tried and don’t want a repurchase so nothing at all to tempt me, a few new stars might have done it but money is safe and doubt that will change.
Can't say I am over impressed with Beauty Day

Dithering about this because of my brush fetish.
You could dress him up & call him Basil......BOOM BOOM!!!!!

I'd like to do a 'dry' month, but what ever does one do when the PMT wine emergency comes??? Drinking fizzy water in a posh glass doesn't work, however much I pretend it's Sanscerre

Plus also sized the same
I nearly didn’t do the ml for ml as I always have trouble locating the prices for this brand. Don’t like to post when I’m not sure.
No problem I completely understand
As far as price comparison please don’t worry
Just from my point of view it’s Q making out the today’s option is something special in size when it’s the same as previous offerings

Regarding the size of the split product, I think the blushers reduced in size from the same as B&B to 4.5g some time ago. I definitely have some that size. So on that basis the 8.5g compact could hold a full size blusher leaving 4g for the highlighter. So they must mean that the highlighters normally come as 2g products. I don’t know if that’s right or not but I have had some very small LG highlighters across the years. I’m afraid I’m too tired to go up and root through the stash!

Regarding the size of the split product, I think the blushers reduced in size from the same as B&B to 4.5g some time ago. I definitely have some that size. So on that basis the 8.5g compact could hold a full size blusher leaving 4g for the highlighter. So they must mean that the highlighters normally come as 2g products. I don’t know if that’s right or not but I have had some very small LG highlighters across the years. I’m afraid I’m too tired to go up and root through the stash!
I had a look at my French Vanilla, bought yonks ago... it is 1.8 grams
I checked my Bora Bora blusher at the same time, again bought a long while back... that is 6.6 grams. I have others which are 1.8 grams like the highlighter.

Caved and bought this. I do love LG but normally use balance and glow. Very happy with the products but I did rave about the kabuki brush and in fact it is the only thing I'm disappointed with. Nowhere near the density of the original angled kabuki and the component is lighter and flimsier. In fact, I bought a pack of 2 brushes from abroad months ago for less than £5 for the two. Its the same as them, only difference is its angled. Disappointing when brush quality is dropped 😔

Sarah wasn't available as she had a cold
Shanie was calling herself a 'qualified beauty expert' (when she appeared on Nails Inc (on the Sunday) Really????? Lockdown on line learning a la 'doctor' Gillian Mckieth??

Caved and bought this. I do love LG but normally use balance and glow. Very happy with the products but I did rave about the kabuki brush and in fact it is the only thing I'm disappointed with. Nowhere near the density of the original angled kabuki and the component is lighter and flimsier. In fact, I bought a pack of 2 brushes from abroad months ago for less than £5 for the two. Its the same as them, only difference is its angled. Disappointing when brush quality is dropped 😔
What's the lippie like? A review called it orange?

I’d call it nude, leaning a bit towards peach. If you happen to know Boots No7 High Shine Lip Crayon in the shade Daydreamer mine is exactly the same colour, I did a comparison.

Latest posts

Back