Laura Geller TSV - Beauty Day 26/4/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The reviews are poor. To be honest the blusher looks very pale in the pictures. I think I might pass after all and hope my foundation lasts until the next tsv. They come along pretty frequently.

I have plenty of pale lippies and have been devoted to the natural look for years but something strange has happened. Over the years I have occasionally tried a strong lip colour and felt that it made me look ten years older but this winter I tried again with a good red that I got with some other stuff and was amazed to find that at the ripe old age of 60 it suddenly looked good. Once I stopped feeling self conscious I wore it most days and just love it. Maybe it's to do with changes in skin tone, I don't know. Now I'm on the hunt for a deep pink for the summer. It's lovely to use something different and people have even said I look well. So, I have loads of LG blusher, highlighter and shadows so somehow must try not to watch on the day!

Believe this will be the TSV:
10348218_1439538036340628_3344827912411806813_n.jpg

I used to use B&B but found the fair was actually orange or medium, I use Jerome Alexander Magic Minerals in original/fair, have done for a while now, and it's a perfect match for me and covers imperfections.

I bought some of the magic Minerals after we'd been discussing it on here and I really wanted to love it, but i found it a bit too light for me, made me look a bit washed out.

I bought some of the magic Minerals after we'd been discussing it on here and I really wanted to love it, but i found it a bit too light for me, made me look a bit washed out.

Aw that's such a shame, it's perfect for me. If you like it, Ideal World, where I buy mine, sells it in medium and dark too, so maybe a darker shade might be for you. We're all different though, I'm just so pleased I found it, great price, perfect for my skin and it covers imperfections, I couldn't ask for more really.

Me too Ann. What a shame that Laura Geller's shades seem to be darker lately. Will you go for this TSV? I'm weakening although I really don't need anymore B&B but use it everyday to set my foundation. I usually go for the fair but it was definitely darker last couple of times. Maybe I should try porcelain if I only use it to set make up. Hmmm decisions, decisions lol

it will be on 4 easy payments, had a card about it today, everything on beauty day will be on 4 easy payments.

it will be on 4 easy payments, had a card about it today, everything on beauty day will be on 4 easy payments.

I got a card as well. Mine had a wee sample of Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Advanced rejuvenating cream attached.

Brands with products which will be on 4EPs appear to inclued Benefit, Josie Maran, Taya, Gatineau, Liz Earle, L'Occitane, SBC, Nails Inc, Revitalash, Laura Geller and probably more besides.

LIVE NOW:
Laura Geller 7 Piece Life in Rose Cosmetic Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/Laura-Geller-7-Piece-Life-in-Rose-Cosmetic-Collection.product.207747.html

QVC Price: £55.00
Special price: £39.96
P&P: £4.95
4 Easy Pay instalments of £9.99, plus P&P

Select colour
DEEP
FAIR
MEDIUM
PORCELAIN
TAN

This Laura Geller make-up set heralds the launch of Liquid Lip Silk, a weightless yet high-pigment lip colour, includes the bestselling Spackle Ethereal Primer and Baked Balance-N-Brighten Colour-Correcting Foundation, both designed to even skintone, plus the new Baked Gelato Flower Blush and more, all boxed in limited edition rose gold colour packaging. Currently only available in the UK at QVC, this Life in Rose Collection's rich, warm hues and luxurious textures blend smoothly onto the skin, to help you achieve a flawless natural-looking complexion.

You got it here first - not only is this collection currently only available in the UK at QVC, it is launching the new Liquid Lip Silk Lip Colour, and includes the new Baked Gelato Flower Blush.

Beautifully Baked - Laura Geller's renowned Baked products are formulated from liquid or cream pigments that are blended together and baked for 24 hours on terracotta tiles, then hand-finished by Italian artisans.

Contains:

1 x Spackle Ethereal Under Make-up Primer (59ml) - with an illuminating rosy glow, this primer helps to prepare the skin for make-up while allowing for a smoother application and helping your make-up to last longer. Contains real crushed pearl and encapsulated licorice root extract
1 x Baked Balance-N-Brighten Colour Correcting Foundation (9g) - in a choice of Porcelain, Fair, Medium, Tan or Deep. Contains centella asiatica and white tea. Mineral-free
1 x Baked Eyeshadow Duo (1.8g) in Petal/Earth (powder pink/chocolate brown). Matte eyeshadows in silky domes of pressed powder
1 x INKcredible Waterproof Eyeliner (0.4g) in Brown Eyed Girl (deep brown) - this soft gel texture helps give a smooth, precise line and reduces transfer. Comes with a built-in sharpener
1 x Baked Gelato Flower Blush (1.5g) in Pink Rose (rosy pink) - NEW. This innovative blush has a clear base that blends naturally and seamlessly into skin, creating a bright yet translucent wash of colour, and features a lasting 3D flower design
1 x Liquid Lip Silk (1.5g) in French Kiss (pinky mauve) - NEW. A dramatic yet weightless lip colour that gives rich, vibrant, full coverage. With a click pen design, the slanted sponge applicator delivers the formula evenly to lips, combining the ease of a gloss application with the longevity of a lipstick. Infused with antioxidant Vitamin E
1 x double-ended powder and shadow brush

How to apply:
Spackle Ethereal Under Make-up Primer:

Apply a thin layer over a clean face before applying your foundation
Can be applied after your usual moisturiser

Baked Balance-N-Brighten Colour Correcting Foundation:

Use all over face in place of foundation or with your favourite base for an even and healthy glow

Baked Eyeshadow Duo:

Apply dry to eyelids, or wet for more vibrant colour
Apply together for a smoky look

INKcredible Waterproof Gel Eyeliner:

For a fine line, sharpen the tip and draw a line as close to your upper and/or lower lashes as needed
Extend the line slightly at the outer corner

Baked Gelato Flower Blush:

Apply to the apples of the cheeks. Blend well

Liquid Lip Silk:

To release use the click-pen function
Apply evenly over the lips using the slanted sponge applicator

Behind the brand
Renowned make-up artist Laura Geller's cosmetics range features her innovative baked formulas and easy-to-apply, wearable colours and collections; perfect for women of all ages and skin types.

It's available to buy now on the website, it's 207747 on four easy pays of £9.99 if anyone wants it. Sorry warwa100 I've just noticed you posted it too, in much better detail though I might add ::mysmilie_465:

Last edited:
I usually get the FAIR colour but have noticed that it seems to be darker and more orange tone lately? I'm wondering whether to go for PORCELAIN this time as it's lighter but, problem is I don't have pink undertones, more neutral with a tad yellow. I'm usually the second lightest shade in foundations so not sure what to do. Anyone else have the same colouring as me and use PORCELAIN? Don't want to look ghostly lol

Honey 72 the only solution is to order two: either 2 x Fair or 2 Porcelain or 1 of each. That way you can compare the two and you can probably tell without testing if you receive one that looks far too yellow or too pale. You can return cosmetics under DSR if none of the set has been tested so you would get a full refund including the outward postage. It would cost you about £3.90 to return one set via Royal Mail 2nd class signed for (cheaper if you just get post office proof of posting and send it as a standard 2nd class small parcel). I can wear anything from Porcelain to Medium in B&B but sometimes order a couple and keep the one that looks the best for my skin tone (depending on the time of year). Not ideal but works where there's a range of coloured swirls in different and even if you have to test both compacts you'll only lose a couple of £ in lost postage.

The Ethereal Spackle is nice but not as good as the old Luminizing Colour Wash Laura sold years ago, it doesn't really show much of the ethereal effect once it's on your face. I wish she'd do a 9g Ethereal Rose powder again, I'm down to my last two compacts :tongue: and use it daily! I still have 2 of the Optillusion loose powder from donkey's years ago, another product I'll miss when I finally run out!

For anyone pale with a yellow undertone in their skin, the Laura Geller baked elements foundation is perfect. I can use the porcelain and fair. I just wish that it would be brought to QVCUK. I buy mine from Ebay but it is such a faff getting it from the US.

I wish she'd do an Ethereal Rose compact again too. I'm down to using my very last one, already finished three of them.

Ethereal Rose is so much nicer than the spangly highlighters like the ballerina one from the XmasTSV; it worked as a blusher on fair skins and seemed to work well as skin enhancer for deeper skin tones (which is what it was originally designed for). I think Laura was surprised when pale folk like me loved it as a blusher; US cosmetics companies don't really get how pale we can be, esp in the winter! She has it on her own site so it must be QVC's decision not to stock it, the wazzacks!

Ethereal Rose is so much nicer than the spangly highlighters like the ballerina one from the XmasTSV; it worked as a blusher on fair skins and seemed to work well as skin enhancer for deeper skin tones (which is what it was originally designed for). I think Laura was surprised when pale folk like me loved it as a blusher; US cosmetics companies don't really get how pale we can be, esp in the winter! She has it on her own site so it must be QVC's decision not to stock it, the wazzacks!

Agree with you except the Ballerina is barely detectable IMO. But I do use a very light hand!

Latest posts

Back