Laura Geller TSV 6/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been using B&B quite a lot lately. Especially since I picked up and used the short stubby brush that was with the Tarte powder foundation with it when my kabuki brush went missing. Surprisingly I was really happy with the application so has carried on using it. Seems quicker, less messy and better finish. What type of brush do you all find works best for you with B&B?
Another brush that gives a very nice finish is one of these, I think this one may be a MAC dupe, I got mine off eBay a few years back so not sure this would be the same but looks very much like mine. It's got these soft wavy bristles like Laura's brushes, or may be even softer and gives a very natural finish.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAC-Pro-F...b38a31f&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=2&sd=112171157593

This one is mine
IMG_4129.jpg

This one looks nice but I haven't tried it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Mac-P...295669?hash=item4b09a415f5:g:SYoAAOSw-CpX9cfO

Marina did you buy the Tarte brush from eBay? If its coming from China there's a fair chance it'll be a fake :(

OK, as much as I love the box with the windows and the idea of the blush with the chandelier imprinted on it, this TSV is a big no from me. I have tried the balance n glow in a previous TSV and I cannot understand why it is loved so much. It showed up every pore and tiny wrinkle, and I barely have any enlarged pores! Why not use the normal BnB and put highlighter where you need it rather than all over your face? The only thing that tempts me in that collection is the liquid eyeliner and I am sure I could pick one up from Ebay. The brush is OK for blush but not that great for foundation. The lipstick and gloss are too pink for me, and I already have too many pink lipsticks that I am working my way through. The eye shadow would not show up that great on me and I don't rate LG's mascara. So the price is a relief for me. If it had been £40 I might have caved in, but coming in at almost £55, it's a no.
Now I just have to make sure I don't cave in watching the show!!!

Marina did you buy the Tarte brush from eBay? If its coming from China there's a fair chance it'll be a fake :(
Yes, I bought it on eBay. It was an unbranded brush looking like the Tarte one, it may be a fake, but I thought that Tarte brushes may have come off the same conveyer belt. It only cost a couple of pounds, not a big deal if it doesn’t suit.
I've also noticed that there are brushes looking very much like the one in Bare Minerals with the ‘well’ in the middle, for just over a pound.

Sorry but that looks a totally crap TSV.

This is why I love this forum - I was convinced I HAD TO HAVE this TSV...but on reading these comments, you're absolutely right, it is cr*p and overpriced and I will be passing on it - you've saved a weak fool some money, thank you!

It`s just so errr Barbie !
All that pink, all that shine and packaged in a cardboard look a likey Barbie house.
It`s coming Winter and I would have thought so much pink would be more of a Spring or Summer palette. Of course they`ll say otherwise until next week when they`re selling another brand and they say reds/oranges/nudes/plums etc are the lippy colours and blush colours you need to buy.
My 10 year old grand daughter who loves play makeup has a kids set with similar colours to this tsv with glittery silver eye shadows, gloopy shiny pink lip gloss etc, it cost around a tenner from Toys R Us !

QVC Price £66.00
Todays Special Value Price £46.96
P&P £4.95

or 4 Easy Pays of £11.74

From renowned make-up artist Laura Geller, this Lights of Venice collection features the hero Balance n' Glow Foundation, a blush, a cream eyeshadow stick and a lipgloss all in brand new illuminating shades only currently available at QVC, plus a lipstick, eyeliner, mascara and powder brush. Created with intricate Italian artistry and inspired by the illuminated city of Venice, achieve a glowing complexion with this complete make-up collection.

Only available at QVC - this collection features new shade updates that are currently not available anywhere else. Discover a new wearable mink cream eyeshadow shade, plus a Baked Blush in Chandelier Glow, and Colour Luster Lipgloss in Venetian Lights.

Inspired by a gorgeous city - this collection aims to bring to life the lights across the piazzas and the delectable treats in the Pasticceria windows, together with the charm and history of Venice. From the opalescent pink keepsake box to the Venetian Lights Lip Gloss and the Limited Edition Chandelier Blush, all are designed to echo the grace and charm of the city.

A gorgeous gift - beautifully packaged in a gift-box, this covetable collection would make a special gift for make-up lovers - with no wrapping required!

Beautifully Baked - Laura Geller's renowned baked products are formulated from liquid or cream pigments that are blended together and baked for 24 hours on terracotta tiles, then hand-finished by Italian artisans.

Contains:

1 x Baked Balance-N-Glow Illuminating Foundation (8g) in a choice of Porcelain, Fair, Medium, Tan or Deep - this innovative formula combines the bestselling Balance-n-Brighten powder foundation with an illuminating swirl, creating a soft and luminous finish. Formulated with white tea and centella asiatica
1 x Baked Chandelier Blush (9g) in Chandelier Glow (delicate pink with a golden glimmer) - this cream and powder hybrid formula gives a brightening natural flush of colour for radiant-looking skin
1 x Eye Dew Cream Shadow Crayon (20g) in Mink (metallic bronze with a subtle shimmer) - a sheer, lightweight wash of creamy colour that glides on smoothly and easily, with a buildable, long-wearing formula that can be layered for a more dramatic finish. Features a pointed tip that’s ideal to line your eyes or use as an all-over shadow. Enriched with aloe and vitamin E
1 x GlamLASH Dramatic Volumizing Mascara (8g) in black - features a full contact brush that separates, thickens and lengthens to create larger-than-life lashes in a jet-black, long-wearing formula. Infused with panthenol
1 x LusterEYES 24 Hour Eyeliner (2.5ml) in Luster Black - this long-wearing liner glides on to give a high-pigment colour that is designed to be water-, smudge- and transfer-resistant. Formulated with vitamin E and sweet almond oil
1 x Colour Enriched Lipstick (4g) in Pink Mink (warm rosy pink) - a rich, pigmented, full colour with a creamy, smooth formula. Infused with jojoba seed oil, resveratrol and hyaluronic filling spheres
1 x Colour Luster Lip Gloss (6.5ml) in Venetian Lights (delicate pink with a golden glimmer) - a lightweight, lustrous high-shine formula without glitter or shimmer, that gives light-to-medium coverage, designed to feel comfortable and not be sticky or tacky. Enriched with kendi oil
1 x Retractable Powder Brush - designed specifically for Laura Geller's baked complexion products, each synthetic bristle has a gentle wave that allows it to readily pick up powder and cleanly deposit it on the skin for a flawless finish, perfect for all-over face powders and blush
1 x gift box - a baby pink box with a Venetian window design

How to use:
Baked Balance-N-Glow Illuminating Foundation:

Using a brush to apply, swirl and buff onto your face
Use in place of foundation, or layer over your favourite base for fuller coverage

Baked Chandelier Blush:

Using a blush brush (sold sperately), stroke from the height of your ears to the apples of your cheeks

Eye Dew Cream Shadow Crayon:

Sweep the crayon all over lid, smudging and blending to your desired effect

GlamLASH Dramatic Volumizing Mascara:

Starting at the base of lashes, sweep mascara brush up and out toward lash tips
Apply several coats as desired

LusterEYES Eyeliner:

Hold the liner parallel to your lash line
Apply close to the lash line, almost touching the lashes
As you get to the outside of your eye, create a slight swoop (feathering upwards) to create that cat-eye effect

Color Enriched Lipstick:

Apply directly from the tube
For more precise application, apply using a lip brush

Colour Luster Lip Gloss:

Apply to bare lips for everyday wear, or layer over the top of any existing lip product

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.218655

The last few kits I've bought I gave some away as presents as didn't use/need more makeup! B & B or B & G are very good and some eyeshadows but not too impressed with mascara and lippy :mysmilie_12:

Balance-N-Glow --8g and not 9?

Eye Dew Cream Shadow Crayon --20g? With the case may be.

I'm disappointed that the blusher is not Gelato and hoping not to cave in on Sunday.
I'm going to keep an eye on any offers or may just order a supersize bnb on its own.

I was browsing the other day on Amazon and they break down the prices, in this case they've calculated the price of the product what it would be per kilo. So a kilo of Balance and brighten costs, based on the price of 9g product a whopping £3,104.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PSP56YW/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

bnb.JPG

Latest posts

Back