Laura Geller tsv 16/01/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Opened mine & have to say disappointed. The Pink Buttercream in mine isn't pink at all. I have a Pink Buttercream from a previous TSV which is pink with swirls but this is just a solid light brown, not even a hint of a pink swirl to relieve the drab, dark beige brown. Mine is more like a flat bronzer, sounds like yours is a better one, Mazza. I wanted it to be like the original version, this isn't remotely like the one on air or on the website.
I agree about the lip oil, I really struggled to get any out, the tube can't be very full, & it is just like any other gloss.

Breeze, I was so stunned by this I went upstairs to check it out again! I even put some on to double check. I was wearing a light peachy pink blush and put this over the top and it is now a brighter peachy pink. Poor you, will it be any good as a bronzer, or a summer powder? I am glad you found the tube a pain to use and that it wasn't just me!

I just looked on LG website, and mine is not a total pretty "bubblegum" pink like that, it does have some brown in it more like the one SG is using.

Mine's arrived, and I'm wearing it. I am very pleased with it, the colours are all good ones for me, subtle and peachy, not too pink. My blusher is a nice one with a good distribution of shades. I didn't think I'd like the lip stuff, but actually, it's not bad, just a bit sticky. It's definitely a keeper for me.

They just presented a blusher and I actually felt sorry for Chloe. One was an apricot/peach which they called pink, and was a bright pink which they called berry. Chloe was trying to make it clear which was which, well how about using a proper name! Because they then said that the compacts will have a completely different name when you get them. So one might have been boysenberry, why not call it that! And if you have a pink looking blusher, why not try calling that one pink! They are mad, it is like we are calling it pink multi on the fashion shows!

I`ve never used Laura Geller but there`s a lot of one star reviews on the BnB saying the formulation has changed and gone more talcy. I must admit when I watched the mini clip the other day, the one where shoppers were trying it, there was a dust cloud when one of them swirled the brush in the pan. Have any of you guys noticed a change in formula ?

They just presented a blusher and I actually felt sorry for Chloe. One was an apricot/peach which they called pink, and was a bright pink which they called berry. Chloe was trying to make it clear which was which, well how about using a proper name! Because they then said that the compacts will have a completely different name when you get them. So one might have been boysenberry, why not call it that! And if you have a pink looking blusher, why not try calling that one pink! They are mad, it is like we are calling it pink multi on the fashion shows!

Oh dear, that truly is one of the most irritating things that QVC do. "This is navy but we're calling it orange" etc... :mysmilie_10:

Is it definitely Sarah demonstrating tomorrow or the new one in the video clip? I'm looking forward to seeing this but Sarah made such a pigs ear demonstrating the bronzer large compact that she could very well put me off buying again. Amanda looked like she was recovering from a road traffic accident when Sarah finished with her.

I see what you mean! The launch was poor, I went to bed in the end so have no idea if they ever got round to discussing the two highlighters. It can't be easy to make the lovely Tara look ridiculous but Sarah managed it. I was fancying this kit but the blusher looked so shiny and seemed to highlight pores. I didn't think it looked right on the darker skinned models either.

Thanks to someone here I think I will wait for the upcoming bpotm. As for bnb being a new formula, it does seem more powdery and crumbly in the compact but I haven't found that it goes on differently thank goodness.

Just got mine. The blusher is nothing like the pic on the website, it is the pink buttercream, very nice. I thought Amalfi was too pale to be a bronzer and it seems it is just a highlighter, but I like a bit of shimmer. With the lip oil, I couldn't get any out and had seen somewhere that it was not a screw off top so did not want to bodge mine up and watched the recording to see what she did. You pull the top off and squeeze it out, but it was really hard to squeeze! It has barely any colour, more like a clear gloss IMO.

On balance, the duo BNB would have been a more sensible purchase for me, but the blusher is very pretty! Trying to justify the purchase there!!!!

I wasn't expecting a bronzer in the first drop; just the 1/2 blush and then 2 quarters of highlighter. The Buttercream in my TSV doesn't resemble the Pink Buttercream I already own, if anything it's nearer to Pink Grapefruit or Golden Apricot. Maybe it's meant to be a separate new colour called Buttercream? I haven't caught more than a few seconds of the presentations, though I saw Chloe struggling with the blushers. The gallery were taking no notice as she was trying to establish the name of each blusher. I haven't managed to get any of the lip product out of the tube yet; I'll have another strong cup of tea and then try again!

This is a good news to me that the blush is a different shade from the original one, since I didn't want a duplicate, but I shall see on Monday when I get my delivery. My guess is they are changing the formula on all products hence the colour is not the same. I heard that the original bronze n brighten was matte and now is shimmery and has loads of pink in it in comparison to the original one.

I resisted the TSV as i'm holding out for the Balance n Glow to be available later in the year. I much prefer it to the current BnB as it doesn't seem as powdery to me.

Like everyone else, I was annoyed with them changing the names of the blushers..it's not helpful if you want to get a new blusher but want to check it's not one you've had before. You can't go by the look of this product on the screen or on the website as they seem to vary in colour massively.

BTW, if anyone needs any champagne spackle, Beauty Bay are selling it with a gelato blusher and a pale pink lip gloss for £9.99 reduced from £32.00. Cheaper than buying the single spackle from them!

Cuppa did the trick but thankfully I gave the lip oil the big squeeze over my hand rather than towards my face as I deposited a 5p sized dollop in my palm! It was pink in my hand but pretty colourless on my lips. One for the car glovebox for "lippyless emergencies"

The applicator feels really cold on your lips.

I'm wondering if it's worth ordering another TSV &,if the blusher is a better colour mix, sending this brown one back

She did an eye concealer with this tip a few years back; maybe they had some empty tubes to use up!

Should they not be demonstrating AD drops? This would be a selling point surely.
I'd like to see the Bronzer if it's really dark or we are getting it in Fair and Medium.

The applicator feels really cold on your lips.

I'm wondering if it's worth ordering another TSV &,if the blusher is a better colour mix, sending this brown one back

It's a lot of money in p&p unless CS agree to wave the postage if you say that the product is not as advertised.

I don't buy LG anymore as I find B&B too powdery & dry looking for my (mature!) skin.Tempted by that 31 eye shadow palette though! but that would be sheer indulgence & are they a bit shimmery?The shows are not the same without Laura she is such a character.I met her a few years ago in her (then) studio in New York.She was so friendly & chatty just as she appeared on the telly.

Latest posts

Back