Laura Geller TSV - 06/08/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My tsv has just arrived - I agree with you, there is a massive difference between fair and this shade - my colouring is not dissimilar to alison young and it is way too pale for me ( i thought maybe she was saying she was fair on the launch because there wasnt much stock of the porcelain!!) - i look like a ghost, however i have just had a play with the rest of the kit and it's lovely so worth keeping

Yeah, I'd say if you can normally get away with the Fair shade the Porcelain will be too pale for you. The porcelain seems to be for those who could not wear the Fair at all. Could you apply her bronzer all over the Porcelain to get the right shade?

I've opened mine, the porcelain bnb is way too light for me at the moment but I think it will be fine in the winter when sometimes the fair can be a little too dark. The lipstick is lovely, the mascara is fab and I just love the rimz and the striped blush palette. Happy Bunny here :)

Mine is stll "in progress" yet another item ordered the next day with the same card has been despached! WTF?

Jude xx

Flip they've fallen out with you haven't they? What have you done to upset them?
Never mind, we still wuv you. :wink:

Yeah, I'd say if you can normally get away with the Fair shade the Porcelain will be too pale for you. The porcelain seems to be for those who could not wear the Fair at all. Could you apply her bronzer all over the Porcelain to get the right shade?

I think this is what I shall do - make some kind of "cocktail"to quote Mr Denny, it certainly will not got to waste :smirk:

Mine has arrived and FINALLY a LG product that doesn't look orange on me! :rock:

But.....

It does look a bit powdery/cakey - should I be aiming for a light layer, or buff-buff-buffing like BE?

I got rid of my usual powder brushes (BE & Smashbox) when I went back to normal liquid foundations so really wish they had included one with this set.

I managed to find an unused Este Lauder one but it feels prickly :thinking:

Mine has arrived and FINALLY a LG product that doesn't look orange on me! :rock:

But.....

It does look a bit powdery/cakey - should I be aiming for a light layer, or buff-buff-buffing like BE?

I got rid of my usual powder brushes (BE & Smashbox) when I went back to normal liquid foundations so really wish they had included one with this set.

I managed to find an unused Este Lauder one but it feels prickly :thinking:

I find that buffing has the opposite effect, i look st.tropez-ed lol
i go for a really light covering and then if i need it swipe a bit more on. if you prefer more coverage for marks/blemishes you could try a thin layer, followed by a bit more sponged on where you need it and then finish off with the brush again to blend. hope this helps

got mine! Think the colours are really great. Glad I bought it, but will not use the B&B as it is too dry on my skin. Anyone interested in the fair version?:happy:

But.....

I managed to find an o Este Lauder one but it feels prickly :thinking:

Hi SallyMc, I think u really need LG's retractable foundation brush to give you a good, even coverage, or any other really good foundation/kabuki brush. IMHO a good set of brushes can make even cheap make-up go on really well. The pro silk ones get good reviews. I have a set of smsdhbox ones, but the brush I use for my B n B is the LG one. you can get it for a couple of quid on the bay.
Can't wait to get my Vanilla Nudes set! And two lots of the In a NY minute, which was a one time only.

I think you should aim for a light dusting rather than a buffing technique. You can always add more but I think, being baked, it has more pigment than a regular powder so you don't need as much.

not got mine yet :sad: I'm hoping by the time I get home it will be there, OH is under strict instructions that if there is a postie card left he is to go get it asap as Wednesday night is the only night the collection place stays open late, otherwise I need to wait til saturday morning.

Mine arrived this morning-I really like it apart from the mascara which is quite a thin consistency and doesn't seem to add length to my lashes.I will try it again but either way it's a keeper!

I ordered the Babycakes eye shadow & they arrived yesterday ( very quick ) & I used them. Really nice

I didn't bother to watch this as I knew the Fair was too dark on me so I am gutted that I didn't realise that there had been a Porcelain option. I assume this is comparable to the BE fair shade? Maybe someone can advise me on that. Does anyone know when the B&B in Porcelain might come back into stock?

I didn't bother to watch this as I knew the Fair was too dark on me so I am gutted that I didn't realise that there had been a Porcelain option. I assume this is comparable to the BE fair shade? Maybe someone can advise me on that. Does anyone know when the B&B in Porcelain might come back into stock?

I'd say it's a little paler than BE - anyone agree?

America has not got the Porcelain in stock as a single item yet so I have no idea when we will get it.

Mine arrived today, the porcelain is spot on for me and is the first foundation that doesnt leave an obvious colour difference between my face and neck. Though mine looks lie it has more pink and beige than the one displayed.
mascara seems ok, the blusher was too brown if I sweeped across the whole thing, so will stick to my ethereal rose.
eyeshadow looked scary but is actually a lovely colour on.My lipstick seems to be all red with just one swirl of the banana in it, but it still looks ok, though I was hoping for a more muted effect for work.
Will definitely be ordering the porcelain B&B again.Might after 30 years have finally found my perfect foundation match

Really glad I stuck to the B&B Fair option instead of trying the Porcelain as mine arrived today and it's perfect on me.
Won't be using the Baked eyeshadow/eyerimz though so will Ebay unless anyone wants it for £8.50 inc p&p?
Colours are VanillaToffee/BlackCherry.

Mine came today & I love it!
Got the Porcelain & it's perfect, an exact match to my skin colour.:sun:
I usually have problems with high street brands being too dark, best match being Mac Studiofix in NW15, but this is a bit lighter when I put them next to each other so even better.

Like the lipstick, a good nude shade without being brown. Blusher is nice, not so great as Ethereal Rose but lovely all the same. The shadows looked a bit glittery & scary but look fine on, bit itchy but that's just me. The mascara is a bit thin but it lasts. I used it last night & it took forever to remove with a creamy eye makeup remover. Has anyone found a good way of shifting it?

All in all, I like it best of all the LG TSVs I've bought.

The mascara is a bit thin but it lasts. I used it last night & it took forever to remove with a creamy eye makeup remover. Has anyone found a good way of shifting it?

I know what you mean about the mascara - I used a Nivea wipe yesterday evening and then some Clarins melting cleanser (oil based) and thought I'd got it all off... this morning I got up, rubbed my eyes, wandered into the bathroom and looked like a bloomin' panda when I looked int the mirror. The plus side is that it does seem to tint the lashes which is great for me as mine are very fair normally.

Love the lipstick as well - all in all, this was pretty great value:clapping:.

Latest posts

Back