Laura Geller TSV 01/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't like Sarah Jagger - her singsongy delivery just sounds patronising to me. And any claims to credibility are definitely undermined by her poor knowledge of the LG range and availability... either she doesn't know, or worse she's being economical with the truth. I'd prefer to believe she's not done her homework.

I thought it was just me! That so-called plump "juicy" youthful skin was anything but! They did, indeed look jaundiced and ill. No recommendation at all seeing the models in it!

Did you get it at Debenhams - they've got that pallet there... I'm tempted! But I thought "getting at" the blush would be fiddly - how do you find using it? Maybe QVC won't have it because it won't be exclusive.

That's no doubt the consequence of not including B&B in the set. On this TSV, I think it is extremely badly configured, and poor value. The ADs are also pretty poor - not sure why they bothered. They'd probably have sold more by dropping the AD and giving easy pays at the price they're charging.

By the way - did anyone else watch the launch with AY, and hear the phonecall from Laura Geller herself? I know the phone has a distorting effect on the voice, but Laura sounded really hoarse and unlike herself. I hope, if she's unwell, she gets better and is able to come over for the next TSV.

Laura was on QVC US yesterday it seems, so no doubt doing a lot of talking.

And another thing, I'm sick of Ms Jagger telling us the collection has been inspired by an Italian Garden. Erm, how exactly? Apart from the powder thing shaped like a leaf, what's an Italian garden got to do with it. She doesn't exactly go into detail on that aspect does she. What's special about the leaf thing? Are they leaves that only grow in Italy? Not England? Not Australia? Also, why do I care, because I've no idea if I'm honest?!

And another thing, I'm sick of Ms Jagger telling us the collection has been inspired by an Italian Garden. Erm, how exactly? Apart from the powder thing shaped like a leaf, what's an Italian garden got to do with it. She doesn't exactly go into detail on that aspect does she. What's special about the leaf thing? Are they leaves that only grow in Italy? Not England? Not Australia? Also, why do I care, because I've no idea if I'm honest?!

Haha

Mr M you should join the Geller group on Fb, you would make it a right laugh on there , cant see you lasting long though ................................................................................... No offence :mysmilie_59:

I've still got this huge size in Balance & Brighten and DD has the split B&B with Balance & Bronze. When they phased out this size we were told that the compact was too large to sustain the baked powder and protect it from breakages, although I suspect it was more to do with it being too much product for the asking price!either. So they've solved that problem or have conveniently forgotten that tale. I just saw the same triple compact sell on ebay for £21 plus p&p so worth having a look on there if you fancy one.

Mine wasn't that cheap. There is a hairline crack on mine but nothing to worry about. They have changed the packaging to one with a more "domed" lid.

i am not a laura geller fan generally love some of the blushers and use spackle sometimes but this tsv with all that frosting highlighter is very lazy. plus the multiple brushes same old.

Haha

Mr M you should join the Geller group on Fb, you would make it a right laugh on there , cant see you lasting long though ................................................................................... No offence :mysmilie_59:

They'd run me out of town with pitchforks Autumn. Maybe it's worth the risk?!?! Ha Ha

I enjoy watching Laura apply makeup she makes it seem easy. I do find it interesting how they mention this set is exclusive to qvc for now. Wonder if other uk sites are going to stock it too at a layer date. And hi to you all this is my first post though I have lurked for years.

By the way - did anyone else watch the launch with AY, and hear the phonecall from Laura Geller herself? I know the phone has a distorting effect on the voice, but Laura sounded really hoarse and unlike herself. I hope, if she's unwell, she gets better and is able to come over for the next TSV.

Laura was on QVC US yesterday it seems, so no doubt doing a lot of talking.

Think Laura was on QVC US Thurs & Fri and I also think she is full of a cold. But she did say she would be over in November, so hopefully that's the next TSV (probably the Christmas one) and fingers crossed it's got bnb in it.

It's 10pm, the final presentation, and they still have the auto delivery! Something tells me that this TSV hasn't been a roaring success....

I guess the only winners of this TSV are the few customers that actually wanted it and the greedy Ebay sellers who are trying to make a profit !!

I thought new customers as well, we, the regular ones have stashes of LG and not easily tempted

I enjoy watching Laura apply makeup she makes it seem easy. I do find it interesting how they mention this set is exclusive to qvc for now. Wonder if other uk sites are going to stock it too at a layer date. And hi to you all this is my first post though I have lurked for years.

Welcome to the forum, Joanie! Hope you'll enjoy interacting on here and maybe even find it useful?!
(Wait, you're not *that* Joan are you?! Can you imagine ;)

She also revealed that the products are made by Italian artisans, baked on terracotta tiles. Considering the number of items needed for the TSV I imagine they'd need a Terracotta Army ?

I was watching and I am sure I heard AY say the lipstick had no blue in it, now, I may be crazy, but that is one of the most bluey based reds, almost purple on some of the models. If you put it on me, I would look like I needed CPR! That is why I tend to buy makeup, unless I know the range, from the dreaded HS, that way I can see it in person, check that it suits my very pale neutral to yellow based skin tone before parting with my hard earned cash!

Well that was an unsuccessful TSV wasn't it.I don't personally rate B&B so I wasn't too bothered about that missing - but I did feel that missing item wasn't reflected in the price.So I guess a lot of people either missed that item or agreed with the kit was too much money.I actually liked the kit! I would have bought it had it been on easy pay and a cheaper price!

Latest posts

Back