Laura Geller TSV 01/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know, 3 lots of a HUGE highlighter is off putting. 2 brown eyeliners in the auto delivery is a bit lazy too.

I've noticed on many of these cosmetic shows that unless the model being made up, is of darker skin with brown eyes, the majority are blue/hazel/green eyed !

I'm a brown eyed blonde, and I don't have a hope in hell of looking anything like those lovely young things that are regularly used. Even grizzly old Tiff has bluey eyes.

At first it didn't register, but once you notice, it does become more 'noticeable. Anyone else clocked onto this ?

It's hilarious to watch the "newly listed" Laura Geller items appearing throughout a TSV day (with TSV photos cropped with varying degrees of success) each new listing trying to under-cut the previous ones by 5p or 10p:mysmilie_13: Let's hope their TSVs arrive on time and intact! I suspect some sellers had egg on their faces when the Mally TSV had a different eye pencil and lippy to the ones expected in that TSV a while ago :mysmilie_11:

If you hang on for a week ebay will be awash with the bits you want and the prices will be pushed down. :mysmilie_59:

This TSV could have been tweeked to be much more attractive. Why 3 supersize highlighter all exactly the same? Why all the brushes the same in each delivery? Also the eye brush is the tiny travel one I'd much rather have the long handled one which incidentally is the one being given in the US version of this!. Frustrating!!

I HATE those eye shadows that have different colours within one pan. Such a waste of time, fragments of each colour end up blending in with the others and it all blurs into a mess when it starts wearing down. Useless

DF keeps apologising for not being able to show some of the products on display (e.g. B&B and the TSV AD drops). What a mess, I wonder what's going on.

It'a very lazy choice of a TSV with no B&B and the same highlighter in all drops. The lipstick I think is too dark for the most of us

The 3 huge highlighters is even more insane now i'm seeing the demos. They are a ridiculous idea.

Your suggestion of other products in other drops would have made me MUCH more interested.

Also, having seen how glitzy those shadows come out, there is no way they are ever coming near my face! Notice how young all the models are? Thats because no one over 40 looks good with shiny, glittery, metallic shadow showing up their less-than-smooth eyelids.

And as for that lip colour! The presenters are all twittering about how it suits everyone? Er, NO!
I've now seen it on DF, AY, Sarah Jagger, and at least 5 models - and the only one who looks half way decent is Nalintha (who looks exquisite in anything, so that doesnt count).

DF and SJ look like death warmed up in it, and the only reason AY could wear it was by putting so little on, that you couldnt see it!

Definitely the worst thought out and unflattering LG TSV i have ever seen. And I'm normally a fan.

-but then, LG isn't at the helm any more, is she? And the Powers That Be are already changing the brand. New spackle, new shadow designs, new foundation, now selling in Debenhams. Looks like they are aiming for a younger, trendier, more glam market.

That's me out then.

What a ridiculous idea to have the same highlighter in all 3 drops. The eye-shadow colours in drop one are lovely but no way would l buy it in that format! I once bought a Clinique bronzer/highligher shaped like a flower and it ended up a big mess. All the colours merged into one and eventually broke up. Had they been individual colours l may have been tempted. The lip stain is horrific, far too dark! It looks awful on the fairer models! Quite a disappointing TSV on the whole l think.

I was definitely out when I found out this collection didn't have bnb in it (I only ever have the one I'm using, I don't have 'stocks' of it), even though I really liked the look of the eyeshadow pallet and the lip product. However, now I've watched a couple of the presentations, I must admit I am tempted by it (for some reason). I am going to try and stay strong though because I really don't think I should be spending £44 right now (especially as I needed some concealer, so I went for the crayon duo).

The collection & it's auto delivery really annoys me in some ways as well - I don't like that the auto delivery comes with the same brushes and highlighter. What is anyone going to do with all that highlighter and brushes? I have a 1.8g pot, which I bought in March and have only used twice I think. I just don't understand it properly.

There are a couple of items I would like though - the tahitian glow and the water illuminator.

I hope the next TSV (which I think is in November) has bnb in it, because I know I'm going to need bnb by then (and maybe in the meantime actually).

Sarah Jagger needs to do her homework! She's said, repeatedly (and no correction from Ali Young) that the dulce de leche highlighter (the other half of the supersize with the french vanilla) has never been seen before. Wrong!! Anyone who bought the Baked Stackables will already have dulce de leche: it came in the box with the honey lavender and toasted coconut...

I have the 2pm show on at the moment, and Claire has just asked if QVC are still the only place to sell LG in the UK, and Sarah Jagger has just said yes. This is also an incorrect fact as Debenhams have just started selling Laura Geller products.

I like Sarah Jagger, she does seem to know her stuff when it comes to make-up and applying it, but there is just something about her that makes me think she might not actually use Laura Geller products on her clients. I follow her on Instagram and Twitter and she never mentions LG products at all. She looks at her 'cheat sheet' a lot as well.

A while ago I bought that LG highlighter and in my opinion, it looks ridiculous. Under the studio lights it looks different than the lights we face day to day, outside and around the home, and even with a smidgen of the highlighter on your face it looks abnormally shiny.

A while ago I bought that LG highlighter and in my opinion, it looks ridiculous. Under the studio lights it looks different than the lights we face day to day, outside and around the home, and even with a smidgen of the highlighter on your face it looks abnormally shiny.

Thanks for posting. I was hoping someone would post who had tried the highlighter.

I haven't watched any of the liquid foundation (POTM) demos but have just watched it today OMG how yellow do all the models look with it on the befores and afters just highlight how yellow it is. Some of them look bordering on jaundiced.

I haven't watched any of the liquid foundation (POTM) demos but have just watched it today OMG how yellow do all the models look with it on the befores and afters just highlight how yellow it is. Some of them look bordering on jaundiced.

Totally agree Milintha(sp), looked ill with this weird yellow cast to her skin. The before, she looked gorgeous lovely skin.

Thanks for posting. I was hoping someone would post who had tried the highlighter.

You're welcome, I know we're all different but I honestly thought that wherever I put it, it just looked like shiny powder, it was so obvious and in your face (pardon the pun) It looked so unnatural where ever I put it and I only used a tiny amount too. Others may like it but in my experience it just looked ridiculous on me, and wouldn't even wear it out in public, not even for a dare.

If you are talking about the "French vanilla"half that is the highlighter and it is matte no shimmer at all. Never tried the other half of the pan do no idea if that is shiny or not.

I have a baked colour contour pallet in a massive 20g size. It has half a bronze n'brighten, a quarter French vanilla and a quarter pinky-coral blush. It's gorgeous. QVC Don't have it though (yet? )

Latest posts

Back