Lab grown diamonds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, Q said this CZ was so good they bought the company that made it. This was way back when Diamonique was only sold in 14ct gold. Now you get real diamonds, rubies, emeralds and sapphires sold in silver.

When I click the link I just get a black screen with a symbol, nothing else?
It takes a couple of seconds to load.
Screen shots below if it’s easier.
Only posting as I think it explains clearly (at least, to simpletons like me) the difference between CZ and diamonds/lab grown diamonds
71EB43A5-365E-417B-A200-565218A3BCDF.png
35A595F1-5C9C-44F2-8C0F-6587A86BE3B6.png

There is a significant price difference between mined and lab grown diamonds especially on larger sized stones. On the website in the link below if for example you choose to have a simple approx one carat diamond solitaire set in 18ct white gold and G colour, VS clarity of mined diamonds then the cost would be around £4300 but if you chose the same sized lab diamond on the same ring, same colour, same clarity, it costs around £1800.
I haven`t seen a lab diamond in the flesh so I can`t say for sure whether they are as realistic as they say. Young people getting engaged may want more bling for their buck and be quite happy to buy a lab diamond and lets face it, how many people are going to look at a newly engaged person`s hand and then ask if the diamonds are mined or created ? If the ring looks the part, the recipient is quite happy with it and unlike CZ the lab stones will last, stay good, not become scratched or dull and the ring is well made then few of us would ever whip out a loupe and give it a good going over.
I`ve had a play with the mined versus lab diamond tool on the website below, picked out rings, compared the prices between mined and lab diamonds on the same rings and the price difference really is a difference, not just a few quid. I chose that particular website because it`s where I bought my eternity ring from pre pandemic and even though the diamonds in it are small and the band is narrow, it`s a really nice ring and the stones are lovely so I know they aren`t cowboys and they`re based in Hatton Garden. They`ve only recently started selling lab diamonds so they must think theres a market for them.

I think with daily wear that CZ begins to look dull. A friend of ours had a CZ engagement ring because both her and her now husband were on benefits due to ill health and money was really tight. Both were in their 50`s when they met and they settled for their engagement and wedding to be as basic as possible. They married 12 months before I married Mr V and we meet up every now and again. Her ER is a solitaire CZ which over the past 10 years has well and truly lost its sparkle. I have a few CZ items but only wear them now and again, take them off and put them away at the end of the day and don`t shower, wash up or do housework whilst wearing them. They still look as good as new even though I`ve now had them a long time.
I think this is where there would be a big difference between CZ and lab diamonds. The lab diamonds would cope with daily wear and tear and much like mined diamonds would just need a clean every now and again and to have the settings checked once in a while.

CZ jewellery comes into its own when going on holiday. With the exception of my wedding band, which I've never removed, all the stuff I take away is fake, cheap & cheerful.

Even though I have a really good solitaire I often wear other rings and Eek as I like variety. My Eek is as good as the day it was bought but like Vienna I take all jewellery off as soon as I come in and never wear it doing housework or gardening.

I agree about holidays and since we have been using sanitizer umpteen times a day I only wear Eek.

I would like a really good aquamarine but it’s difficult to get a good colour in the style I would like. I have 2 different Eek ones which I wear often and wonder if it’s worth spending a couple of grand on the real thing.

I've had diamonique rubies and emeralds but I sent them back as the stones were milky and looked rubbish (this was years ago). I do have a New York gems ruby spray ring in 14ct gold with clear rubies and a while back I was quoted about £1,000 value (I think it cost me £300 which was a lot for me to spend). Unfortunately one of the stones fell out the last time I wore it and couldn't be found (gutted) but it's still a gorgeous ring. I really wish I'd bought more but I didn't have the cash at the time.

All those rainbow gem rings they used to do - sigh.

CC

I have an Anthony Kleiger ring I think its 14 carat gold. Three rows of eek channel set maybe around 60 stones or more. I have been wearing it for at least 15 years. Beautiful. Always get comments on it. never lost a stone. cost around £100.00 and that was half price I believe.

I fell for the hype and actually bought a MOISSONITE ring, but got a good deal direct from the supplier Charles and Colville (sp), not Q or IW.

But the stones don't look any different to CZ, despite the hype, and I haven't got a diamond to compare with. My ex has her engagement ring, with a single diamond and sapphire in a platinum twist setting on a gold ring.

There is a trend of getting your ashes made into a diamond. We are after all carbon based. Now it did not show how they did it but did show the end result a diamond set into a ring for the family member to wear. A jeweller was asked to grade inspect it but said he could not as it was not a natural grown diamond and its worth was to the family.

Many years ago I was into antique jewellery and have one of those mourning brooches with the deceased plaited hair. It’s beautiful but I don’t think I ever wore it.

Ofcourse I have no idea who the deceased was.

Many years ago I was into antique jewellery and have one of those mourning brooches with the deceased plaited hair. It’s beautiful but I don’t think I ever wore it.

Ofcourse I have no idea who the deceased was.
The Victorians really 'did' death; those brooches repulse me.

There is a trend of getting your ashes made into a diamond. We are after all carbon based. Now it did not show how they did it but did show the end result a diamond set into a ring for the family member to wear. A jeweller was asked to grade inspect it but said he could not as it was not a natural grown diamond and its worth was to the family.
The amount of ashes used is very small but they require more than you end up with for the process.

The past few weeks when flicking the channels I have noticed TJC selling some high-end jewellery instead of the scarves etc. Yesterday champagne and white diamond rings just under the £400 mark.

Latest posts

Back