L’Occitane TSV 11/07/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I too hope it’s rubbish because I bought stuff in their summer sale! I am currently using their Herbae TSV from many months ago. The shower gel isn’t up to much (I prefer MB to Loccy) but I seriously love the fragrance.

L’Occitane 5 Piece Collection TSV 11/07/21 (Choice of 2 id suspect with Citrus Handwash ect)

500ml Liquid Soap RRP £21 + post
500ml Liquid Soap Eco Refill RRP £19 + post
150ml Hand Cream RRP £30 + post
250ml Shea Shower Oil RRP £19.50 + post
100g Soap RRP £6 + post

Total RRP £95.50 + post

Attachments

• Loccitane TSV 1.jpg
    Loccitane TSV 1.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 376
Does look boring but I too like the Herbae, I've got the green set and the pink set and I love them both. Not a massive fan of L'occitane but their little gift sets go down very well at Christmas.

CC

Thank god don't want it! Dont need it!
Likewise! I actually do like the Rosemary liquid soap but have enough to last goodness knows how many years! (I overbought emergency Loccy supplies for the kitchen because of the pandemic.) I would quite like to try that shower oil but can live without it, and again there’s the stash of MB….

Does look boring but I too like the Herbae, I've got the green set and the pink set and I love them both. Not a massive fan of L'occitane but their little gift sets go down very well at Christmas.

CC
That's the thing about these brands, well for me at least. They make nice little xmas gifts/stocking fillers, but I'd never buy them for myself. I received a small set of the hand creams and they were ok, but quite frankly found them no better than the budget brand I always use (Possibility of London). A brand I swear by -first discovered on Price drop. I'm a bit peeved in that you can no longer buy the range from Fragrance direct at a massive discount any more, they now have their own website and prices are a lot higher (but still affordable). The bath products I buy have recipes on the front, so the Lemon Cheesecake 3 in 1 bath gel (hair/bath/shower) has a recipe for Lemon cheesecake on the front for example - and these recipes work - I've tried a few of them! Sadly though, they wouldn't look much as a gift. Their lipbalm which I've been paying 99p for knocks spots of the Gale Hayman shite I paid God knows what for some while ago! I only bought it because it won "customer's favourite product"- Heaven knows why?! It's crap!
Like I said, L'Occy, Molton Brown look really classy and are nice products but I'd only buy them as gifts. Some of the stuff you buy from Aldi and Lidl come beautifully packaged, but sadly with their name in the small print it doesn't really stand up for the gifting market.
Being Q, I think they're aiming at those for whom money is no object, and that's across their entire product range!

That's the thing about these brands, well for me at least. They make nice little xmas gifts/stocking fillers, but I'd never buy them for myself. I received a small set of the hand creams and they were ok, but quite frankly found them no better than the budget brand I always use (Possibility of London). A brand I swear by -first discovered on Price drop. I'm a bit peeved in that you can no longer buy the range from Fragrance direct at a massive discount any more, they now have their own website and prices are a lot higher (but still affordable). The bath products I buy have recipes on the front, so the Lemon Cheesecake 3 in 1 bath gel (hair/bath/shower) has a recipe for Lemon cheesecake on the front for example - and these recipes work - I've tried a few of them! Sadly though, they wouldn't look much as a gift. Their lipbalm which I've been paying 99p for knocks spots of the Gale Hayman shite I paid God knows what for some while ago! I only bought it because it won "customer's favourite product"- Heaven knows why?! It's crap!
Like I said, L'Occy, Molton Brown look really classy and are nice products but I'd only buy them as gifts. Some of the stuff you buy from Aldi and Lidl come beautifully packaged, but sadly with their name in the small print it doesn't really stand up for the gifting market.
Being Q, I think they're aiming at those for whom money is no object, and that's across their entire product range!
I keep being given bath sets by a well meaning friend. I never have a bath so I am finally using the bath foam as a shower gel. It will still take me ages to work my way through the bottles though.

I know someone who fills her empty MB bottles with Aldi stuff. Personally it doesn`t bother me whether people have supermarket brand etc in their loo or bathroom. Whichever it may be, it all does the same job and ends up down the same drain. I`ve had expensive stuff which I`ve binned and cheaper stuff which I`ve loved but these days I`m moving as far away from plastic bottles as I can do and also trying to buy everything which is better for the environment.
Years ago I loved L`Occi stuff and rarely missed a tsv but I haven`t bought any in a long long time and don`t intend to ever buy it again.

I know someone who fills her empty MB bottles with Aldi stuff. Personally it doesn`t bother me whether people have supermarket brand etc in their loo or bathroom. Whichever it may be, it all does the same job and ends up down the same drain. I`ve had expensive stuff which I`ve binned and cheaper stuff which I`ve loved but these days I`m moving as far away from plastic bottles as I can do and also trying to buy everything which is better for the environment.
Years ago I loved L`Occi stuff and rarely missed a tsv but I haven`t bought any in a long long time and don`t intend to ever buy it again.
Sorry, but how sad is that?! Life's far too short lol! I couldn't give a stuff what people have in their bathrooms just so long they've got soap for you to wash your hands with (and it can be carbolic for all I care), and a clean towel. I do think it's nice when you're staying in a hotel when they've got luxury toiletries though. I think it's the same with a lot of branded stuff, I've been gifted and have gifted Yankee Candles in the past, they're great but Aldi's version are as good imvho, if not better - but for obvious reasons, they're not giftable. Don't see myself trying to melt down and decant any time soon lol!

Sorry, but how sad is that?! Life's far too short lol! I couldn't give a stuff what people have in their bathrooms just so long they've got soap for you to wash your hands with (and it can be carbolic for all I care), and a clean towel. I do think it's nice when you're staying in a hotel when they've got luxury toiletries though. I think it's the same with a lot of branded stuff, I've been gifted and have gifted Yankee Candles in the past, they're great but Aldi's version are as good imvho, if not better - but for obvious reasons, they're not giftable. Don't see myself trying to melt down and decant any time soon lol!
My friend gifts me Aldi candles as we both love them, I’m always chuffed tbh.

Come to our house and you`ll actually find carbolic soap in the shower. Mr V loves the stuff and he alternates it with big blocks of Turkish soap. There`s a market we visit every now and again which sells blocks of carbolic, 3 for £1 and Mr V stocks up whenever we go. Once a miner always a miner and I think he`s reliving his scrub downs in the pit head baths. Try as a I might, he won`t budge from using hardcore soap bars or using anything even vaguely perfumed.

Ah, that would be Mr CC's sister probably as her husband fills the Glenlivet bottle with Grants. As if you wouldn't be able to tell the difference!!! 🥃🥃🥃

CC

Come to our house and you`ll actually find carbolic soap in the shower. Mr V loves the stuff and he alternates it with big blocks of Turkish soap. There`s a market we visit every now and again which sells blocks of carbolic, 3 for £1 and Mr V stocks up whenever we go. Once a miner always a miner and I think he`s reliving his scrub downs in the pit head baths. Try as a I might, he won`t budge from using hardcore soap bars or using anything even vaguely perfumed.
Cooo, that brings back memories of both grandads and my dad - all miners too ! all used carbolic and my gran used to use it on the shirt collars on the scrubbing board ! One thing about it, they did smell 'clean' !

I buy all my liquid handsoaps, handcreams, body lotions, shampoos and hair masques from TK Maxx. All lovely stuff and not the usual supermarket fayre.

Latest posts

Back