Kuhn Rikon TSV 12/01/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Once I realised it was 2.5 litres I contacted Q today and they agreed to sell it to me at the TSV price. There was no problem at all, I'm sure they didn't sell as many as they expected.

Why do you think they didn't sell as many as expected?

Received mine already.

It looks very good quality.

On the bottom it is prominently engraved "Kuhn Rikon Switzerland".

In tiny letters, it is etched "Made in China".

I thought I was buying Swiss engineering - yet more disappointment from QVC, they kept stressing its "Swissness", not once did they mention China.

I think I will put this in a review on Q and see if it is accepted.

I know China makes very high quality items, such as the ipad, but I just feel that I've somehow been cheated.

Switzerland is one of the smallest and most expensive countries in the world for manufacture though, whereas China is massive, and therefore cheap.
It's the Swiss design expertise you're buying.
Bernina sewing machines, widely rated as the best (and most expensive) in the world, used to be made exclusively in Switzerland, now only their top of the range models are Swiss built. The rest are all manufactured in the Far East.

Do you think they will publish this? I gave it 5 stars. They may reject the headline LOL

Excellent Chinese quality

I am very impressed with the quality of this item, but was surprised it was made in China, not Switzerland as implied in the presentations

I've read on here that in the US QVC have to state where items are manufactured
That would seem to be a good thing. In America they have a strong patriotic movement to support American manufacture, and goods are often labelled with the Stars and Stripes flag and 'Proudly Made In America' emblazoned on them. A bit like the old 'I'm Backing Britain' campaign of the 60's - when we still had a manufacturing industry to back - uh oh, don't get me started!

Received mine already.

It looks very good quality.

On the bottom it is prominently engraved "Kuhn Rikon Switzerland".

In tiny letters, it is etched "Made in China".

I thought I was buying Swiss engineering - yet more disappointment from QVC, they kept stressing its "Swissness", not once did they mention China.

I think I will put this in a review on Q and see if it is accepted.

I know China makes very high quality items, such as the ipad, but I just feel that I've somehow been cheated.

Engineered in Switzerland, made in China.

I would have been surprised if it was made in Switzerland although the Bamix hand mixer they sell sometimes is made in Switzerland

I've read on here that in the US QVC have to state where items are manufactured

they even specifiy where say, a plastic face powder compact is made (usually China) as well as the origin of the contents.

I'll be interested to see whether they post the review; I reckon not mentioning China in the title might increase its acceptability, but you never know. Some humdingers slip through the net occasionally!

That would seem to be a good thing. In America they have a strong patriotic movement to support American manufacture, and goods are often labelled with the Stars and Stripes flag and 'Proudly Made In America' emblazoned on them. A bit like the old 'I'm Backing Britain' campaign of the 60's - when we still had a manufacturing industry to back - uh oh, don't get me started!

We still could - by the skin of our teeth - if we all backed UK manufacturing industries like steel.

It's in the news NOW. If anyone searches FB or the gov sites for saving the steel industry petitions and signed, instead of just tutting and saying how horrible it is that communities are being destroyed by industry death.

I'm pretty close to the Welsh steel industry and am appalled that the UK government is allowing the Chinese to dump steel here, selling it cheaper than they actually make it, just to keep their plants going. The UK government won't support the steel industry by helping with their energy bills etc., stating they need to clean up. The Chinese plants are many times dirtier than the UK plants. Yet, with a little help, our plants can actually produce their own energy as a by-product, allowing cleaner manufacturing.

It all makes no sense whatever. Unless you're a politician.

My heart sinks just thinking about it. Very depressing.

Unfortunately, public apathy and short sightedness, and successive governments of both colours, paved the way for this current state of affairs. It has been going on for decades. My heart sinks too.

We still could - by the skin of our teeth - if we all backed UK manufacturing industries like steel.

It's in the news NOW. If anyone searches FB or the gov sites for saving the steel industry petitions and signed, instead of just tutting and saying how horrible it is that communities are being destroyed by industry death.

I'm pretty close to the Welsh steel industry and am appalled that the UK government is allowing the Chinese to dump steel here, selling it cheaper than they actually make it, just to keep their plants going. The UK government won't support the steel industry by helping with their energy bills etc., stating they need to clean up. The Chinese plants are many times dirtier than the UK plants. Yet, with a little help, our plants can actually produce their own energy as a by-product, allowing cleaner manufacturing.

It all makes no sense whatever. Unless you're a politician.

My heart sinks just thinking about it. Very depressing.

Not to get too political but I think the UK is shackled by EU policy on this and other policies.I don't think we are allowed to give state aid because it will disadvantage other EU countries.We would have to get permission from EU .I have nothing to do with the steel industry but I don't want to see it go to the wall ,its part of our national identity

I like others have over the years taken advantage of cheap imports but now I realise what a devastating effect its had on the UK economy.Its very difficult to buy real British made these days.i don't think companies should be allowed to get away with saying something is British if its not made here.

It is very depressing and agree various governments have let this happen .

Latest posts

Back