Kuhn Rikon TSV 12/01/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was one of the disappointed people who bought this in the coloured non-stick. I only used it 3 times (without the basket), and noticed the non-stick floating in with the food. QVC refused to do anything about it, despite it only being a few weeks past 30 day MBG. KR, however, were fab when I contacted them 6 months later.

I might have been tempted by this, but found the handle quite painful to use when it was over half full. I agree ILS about using the drain holes instead of the basket for spaghetti, and also about the speed it boils water on an induction hob being faster than a kettle posted by someone else.

It took me a few uses to realise that it would stop boiling over if the lid was turned away from the spout. If I left steam go through the drain holes, there'd be a hell of a mess over my hob.

Good pot if you have the hand strength to lift it full, and the company are great to deal with (Q should take note!).

It's supposed to be a Swiss product, so why ship an American over to present it?

Because he designed it! He's spoken at length a few times about working with Kuhn Rikon and how he came up with the idea for the multipot.

I bought a half-size version of these a few months ago - also stainless steel and suitable for induction jobs, but with a locking colander lid. It's great and I use it several times a week.

I get the impression the current one isn't selling nearly as well as they'd expected. All colours are still available yet they've said it won't be on air again, even though there's another Kuhn Rikon show on at 9.

Because he designed it! He's spoken at length a few times about working with Kuhn Rikon and how he came up with the idea for the multipot.

I bought a half-size version of these a few months ago - also stainless steel and suitable for induction jobs, but with a locking colander lid. It's great and I use it several times a week.

I get the impression the current one isn't selling nearly as well as they'd expected. All colours are still available yet they've said it won't be on air again, even though there's another Kuhn Rikon show on at 9.

thats not the case sometimes they just end a tsv early so they can have OTO's & as Kuhn Rikon have a new knife block set as an OTO the tsv was always scheuled to end early

thats not the case sometimes they just end a tsv early so they can have OTO's & as Kuhn Rikon have a new knife block set as an OTO the tsv was always scheuled to end early

Fair point. But I would've thought that at least one of the five colours would be limited stock by 7pm (no?)

That is mostly the case, they do tend to pull a TSV early if it doesn't look like it's going to sell out. Why waste valuable air time on a none seller, when they could actually be flogging stuff, like OTOs that get reduced by £1.50 I mean, they've got to fatten those profits some how.

Kuhn Rikon Ceramic 24cm Non Stick Everyday Pan with Lid 803400

I bought the above as I needed a new frying pan and as it was dual purpose thought it would be a good buy and for the first couple of weeks it was ok but now the `non stick` is anything but!! All round the top edge it has come off and the knob on the glass lid has a piece missing that I found in the washing up bowl It has taught me not to review anything too soon !! Apparently the non stick is only guaranteed for 6 months !! If I had known that I wouldn`t even have considered buying it!! Is there such a thing as a non stick fry pan?!!

Kuhn Rikon Ceramic 24cm Non Stick Everyday Pan with Lid 803400

I bought the above as I needed a new frying pan and as it was dual purpose thought it would be a good buy and for the first couple of weeks it was ok but now the `non stick` is anything but!! All round the top edge it has come off and the knob on the glass lid has a piece missing that I found in the washing up bowl It has taught me not to review anything too soon !! Apparently the non stick is only guaranteed for 6 months !! If I had known that I wouldn`t even have considered buying it!! Is there such a thing as a non stick fry pan?!!

I've tried several different brands of ceramic as the non-stick is fab (for the first few uses!), and I don't want to use anything with those PFOEs (is that what they're called - the nasties in non-stick?). Every single one has not just lost the slip, but has caught food worse than anything else I've ever used. Stainless steel is easier to clean than this stuff.

I'm currently using a CE set that seems to be lasting well - but I never cook with the heat flat out anyway. I'm hoping it's going to last a good few years yet and I'll save my plain stainless pots for things that need high heat and don't stick like porridge and scrambled eggs.

ce is ok its the best long lasting non stick on the market. personally i prefer plain steel as you can clean it a lot easier with a good old scouring pad. these last forever.

KR Multipot error

The TSV is supposed to be 1-5 litre, but the picture clearly shows 2-5 litre.

Click to enlarge.

image.jpg

That's funny! Mine arrived and I didn't even notice the discrepancy! However if anyone is looking for a reason to return theirs at Q's expense, here it is! Take a screen print of the TSV page (in case they change it) or attach the picture that Strato posted to you email!
It's a poor do when no one proof reads their web info; or if they do they didn't spot this glaring mistake. What a shambles this firm is becoming!

Thanks. Mine is out for delivery. Will check as I wanted something small. I may still keep it if it is good. Will be checking the handle carefully as well as customers on the US site complained about the handle falling off and if it is larger and can hold more then there is more chance it will fall off with possibly disastrous consequences

Well, that is amazing how they could get the description so wrong. I think they referred to it on air as 1-5 litres too.

I was tempted by it, but didn't buy, so I erased my recordings of the presentations. I keep them for items I order in case of discrepancies or false claims.

I was a bit concerned that it would be unstable, being tall and narrow with a small base, and being 2-5 litres would make this worse.

I suspect that being American the guest is more used to using pint and fluid ounces as volume measures. Mind you he's working for a Swiss company so that excuse doesn't quite ring true. It seems stable enough and on the whole I could cook most of our meals with a deep saute pan and two of these vertical pots - my Lakeland one holds 1.25 litres and the new 2.5l TSV one. They seem stable enough to me and I'm a klutz in the kitchen!

Mine has just arrived. Yes it says 2.5 litres inside the pot. It is stable on my gas rings. It is quite heavy but that is the induction base. It is very heavy filled with 2litres but I will mainly be using it to steam so not much water weight. I will be keeping it

I was tempted by the TSV but 1.5 litres was smaller than my kettle.

Once I realised it was 2.5 litres I contacted Q today and they agreed to sell it to me at the TSV price. There was no problem at all, I'm sure they didn't sell as many as they expected.

I'm not sure what I will use it for, certainly not to cook 18 eggs at once. But it seemed a novel pot, and different to all my other pans.

They let me have it because of the error, I wonder if they will ever get around to correcting it?

I hope it doesn't now appear as an OTO.

PS I am getting red.

Latest posts

Back