KitchenAid TSV Tues 6th March

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got a Kenwood K Mix in black which turned me into a domestic goddess when I got it but it soon wore off and I don't think it's been used for a year. It makes a really stylish ornament in my lovely new kitchen though.

I've got the same one Bensmum but I still use mine ALL the time (got it well over a year ago) and I still luuuuurve it. :heart:

So what is the difference between the Classic and the Artisan? I am now doing my research as I soo want one of this to look good my kitchen and stroke it like the reviewers suggest. I might even cook with it LOL

There is a warning on QVC FB that the Classic is a budget model, and inferior to the Artisan (lower power etc) so if shopping around make sure you compare like with like (as the Artisan is about £100 dearer, apparently).

Don't blame me if I'm wrong, as Manuel said "I know nothing".

i do feel that the tsv could have pit the pouring shield in the price and not the ice cream scoops...

So what is the difference between the Classic and the Artisan? I am now doing my research as I soo want one of this to look good my kitchen and stroke it like the reviewers suggest. I might even cook with it LOL

The Classic has a 250watt motor and the Artisan has a 325watt motor. The Classic only comes in white and the Artisan comes in loads of colours.

They're selling the Classic on Amazon for £319, so unless you're going to actually USE the ice cream maker (which I know I wouldn't) it's a lot to pay for 'extras' you're not going to use.

Last edited:
am i the only person stunned by the price of this? i'd never pay over £400 for a tarted up mixer for all the tea in china!

I agree Janie. A lot of people like the "looks" of the Kitchen Aid which is fair enough - it's their money but I personally couldn't justify the huge expenditure, I did loads of research and came to the conclusion that it is not THAT much better than the Kenwood Chef so hence I got that for Xmas instead, from Amazon for less than £160 and I love it

The Classic has a 250watt motor and the Artisan has a 325watt motor. The Classic only comes in white and the Artisan comes in loads of colours.

They're selling the Classic on Amazon for £319, so unless you're going to actually USE the ice cream maker (which I know I wouldn't) it's a lot to pay for 'extras' you're not going to use.

This is why I decided not to get one from QVC. I did not want the Ice Cream maker (well, I did, but it just would not fit in my standard shelved freezer). I also longed for a coloured one so went elsewhere. I have the Artisan in Boysenberry and it is beautiful. My hubby bought me it 18 months ago for our 24th Anniversary and although I do not use it all the time, I know that I have a brilliant, good quality machine that I will eventually pass down through the family. It sits out on my worktop looking beautiful and everyone gets drawn to it. I have in the past, had other mixers/processors that were not really up to the job and were plastic. I do get a lot of joy using this and I have also got the attachments for it.

I really do understand it's the creating and using the ingredients you choose, the love of the machine, being able to stroke it, having people envy it in your kitchen etc. etc. etc.
I wish they wouldn't major on the saving of money making your own with this mixer.
Like with the example I heard ingredients cost .90p whilst bought bread would be 1.50p.
Correct be if I'm wrong but on top of the .90p would be electic/gas costs, not to mention the mega recoup of the £400.

I thought it was VERY misleading that the Guest at the 1am presentation stated "this is the one that you see ALL the time on the cookery shows - all the chefs use it.."

Surely the one seen frequently (Nigella's beautiful red one springs to mind) is the Kitchenaid ARTISAN model?

How DO they get away with this?

(Trading standards anyone.........)

i have the titanium chef and it has a whopping 1400 motor which makes it capable of mixing anything and is very stable as its cast iron. it came with a glass liquidiser and a food processor,the shield, a scilicone beater,whisk,dough hook and the k-beater from amazon for £235 "used" but it was delivered and refused so technically cannot be sold as new. its the best thing i have ever bought for my highly stocked kitchen. the saddness is that i never bought one before. whether it be a kithchen aid or a kenwood and you love baking and food prepping this is a must have..

Code:
Debenhams have 10% off today and John Lewis have priced matched.
If you go through Quidco there's also the opportunity of 5% cashback for Debenhams.
HTH xx

i have the titanium chef and it has a whopping 1400 motor which makes it capable of mixing anything and is very stable as its cast iron. it came with a glass liquidiser and a food processor,the shield, a scilicone beater,whisk,dough hook and the k-beater from amazon for £235 "used" but it was delivered and refused so technically cannot be sold as new. its the best thing i have ever bought for my highly stocked kitchen. the saddness is that i never bought one before. whether it be a kithchen aid or a kenwood and you love baking and food prepping this is a must have..

I did exactly the same with my KMix Boffy. Got it from Amazon Warehouse as 'used' though like you it was brand new, everything was still sealed. I paid about the same for mine.

am i the only person stunned by the price of this? i'd never pay over £400 for a tarted up mixer for all the tea in china!

I agree it's a very hefty price.
Mind, I don't like being in the kitchen, never mind cooking!
Spreading butter on bread is now classed as 'cooking' in my mind.

I thought it was VERY misleading that the Guest at the 1am presentation stated "this is the one that you see ALL the time on the cookery shows - all the chefs use it.."

Surely the one seen frequently (Nigella's beautiful red one springs to mind) is the Kitchenaid ARTISAN model?

How DO they get away with this?

(Trading standards anyone.........)

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! I have just telephoned QVC to complain that they are constantly saying this. The chefs do indeed use the ARTISAN which is coloured and has a bigger motor

This TSV looks quite lightweight and will dance around the kitchen if you give it anything heavy to mix. Now she might well be a shot putter but the guest easily lifted it up with one hand to show the underneath. You couldn't possibly do that with my Kenwood K Mix.

In the demo last night the guest spent ages trying to get the dough hook on - Debbie distracted us after a while so she could struggle off camera.

Also, later on the guard they're selling as an optional extra came off during use - not a great advert really.

I still want one though - but I want red so will have to go elsewhere.

I can't speak for the classic as I've never lifted one but there's no way I could lift the Artisan single handed it is very heavy! I noticed the guest struggling with the attachment this morning I find it very easy to do but she wasn't a good advert at all.

Latest posts

Back