KitchenAid TSV 15/09/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A friend of mine has a Kenwood Chef that she git as a wedding present 60 years ago. She uses it most days. She has had it serviced and I think the motor had to be rewound.

I’ve got a later model that I bought about 15 years ago and it’s still going strong. I don’t use it so much these days though
My Kenwood chef (with liquidiser attachment) is about 40 years old and works fine, but I have hardly ever used it, so am thinking of selling it. I wonder how much it would be worth?

EDIT - -quite a few on Ebay around £100 or even more.

A friend of mine has a Kenwood Chef that she git as a wedding present 60 years ago. She uses it most days. She has had it serviced and I think the motor had to be rewound.

I’ve got a later model that I bought about 15 years ago and it’s still going strong. I don’t use it so much these days though
Have you tried making butter in it? The demonstration looked so easy.

I used an old Kenwood Chef for nearly 25 years, at least once every day when the family was little, and I should have seen about having the motor replaced but I didn't think of it so it was dumped. I got another Kenwood which I didn't like and that lasted ten years but I hardly used it, and eventually I gave it to a charity cafe because the most I would have got for it was £50 and I reckon ed the charity would get more than that in value from it. They still use it now. I get free coffee from them, so it was a good move anyway! I then bought my Kitchenaid as I've said, for £275 on a TSV and I've been happy with that. But my first Kenwood was a real workhorse.

How do you know people are buying two for themselves? How do you know they are not buying them as presents? How do you know they aren’t sharing with a friend? How do you know they haven’t got thin children going to separate unis?
I could continue listing numerous answers to your question.
Again, if you can afford it, why should you be judged about wanting to have something a bit more luxurious than a bob standard supermarket product?
And I know how much QVC charge and so I always look around first. Never buy beauty anymore, Superdrug is good for me.
Finally, QVC is all about making money.
'How do you know they haven’t got thin children going to separate unis?'

OK, the suspense is too great, I have to ask: why thin children?:D

'How do you know they haven’t got thin children going to separate unis?'

OK, the suspense is too great, I have to ask: why thin children?:D
'Cause they hopefully won't be thin after stuffing all the yummy cakes and treats they're gonna be knocking up every night with their stand mixers!

I used to make all my cakes using a wooden spoon. These days I struggle with an electric hand mixer as it seems to aggravate my arthritis. If I want to whisk anything my 60+ years old hand whisk gets used.

I used to make all my cakes using a wooden spoon. These days I struggle with an electric hand mixer as it seems to aggravate my arthritis. If I want to whisk anything my 60+ years old hand whisk gets used.
If you've got room, Battiola, I'd look at getting a stand mixer. Aldi and other supermarkets do them very reasonably and it would at least stop your wrist from extra strain. Here's a review of aldi's which is sold from time to time.

If you've got room, Battiola, I'd look at getting a stand mixer. Aldi and other supermarkets do them very reasonably and it would at least stop your wrist from extra strain. Here's a review of aldi's which is sold from time to time.
Thanks Mina. I’ll have a look. Won’t be able to get from Aldi as I’m disabled and can’t get to them and they don’t do home deliveries more’s the pity. I’ll have a look on Tesco’s website as I have my groceries delivered by them.

Thanks Mina. I’ll have a look. Won’t be able to get from Aldi as I’m disabled and can’t get to them and they don’t do home deliveries more’s the pity. I’ll have a look on Tesco’s website as I have my groceries delivered by them.
Amazon also has some good deals on stand mixers periodically, and they'll doubtless have one on the 'Black Friday' feast which is 29 November (I think) this year.

I'd second getting a stand mixer - it'll save your poor hands from the vibration and weight needed to use electric hand beaters.

Just had an email from Aldi about this, £39-99, it may not be on sale yet - -

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    441 KB · Views: 0
I have a Kenwood compact food processor that I bought from Robert Dyas for £25.00 a few years ago which I use for slicing, grating and dicing. I remembered that it can also whisk, mx dough and various other things. It only does small quantities but they’ll be enough for me.

Battiola, have a look on the Argos website, they deliver too.

There’s a Tupperware sale on their website and free postage today
Sorry to hog your thread just wanted you lovelies to know … not sure how much is left but might be worth a look

Latest posts

Back