KitchenAid TSV Tues 6th March

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

if you love baking bread,cakes,biscuits and other high calorie goodies this is for you. i have a kenwood and i make the most fab pavlovas for very little cost and hardly any effort. apart from weight gain its a no brainer really!

I loooove my KitchenAid (Doris.) She does me proud on the home baking front. It's ages since I bought a Kit Kat :giggle:. I got the second smaller bowl and the veg chopper/slicer attachment with my TSV last October, wonder what the accessories in this kit will be?

I loooove my KitchenAid (Doris.) She does me proud on the home baking front. It's ages since I bought a Kit Kat :giggle:. I got the second smaller bowl and the veg chopper/slicer attachment with my TSV last October, wonder what the accessories in this kit will be?

well my mixer is called mr ken wood and is the only male in my house thats any use lol

not sure it would be any good for my waistline, but would love to eat the cakes :blush::blush::blush:

People were commenting on the last TSV moving around when on full power judging by the presentattions shown on TV, wonder if that was the case?

i think if you make bread dough because of the weight of the mixture you will get some noise hopefully not too much movement though. these mixers are usually made from cast iron and weigh a ton. in fact i had my kitchen done to give me extra worktop space to keep my mixer on and extra drawer space for my utensils.
the problem is the results are very very good and it would be such a waste not to eat the results...

Does anyone know what is going to be included in this tsv yet please? Although I have a Kenwood - I still lust after a Kitchenaid - I think mainly just to look good in my kitchen. So hopefully it will be a good combination and on easypay :happy:

if you love baking bread,cakes,biscuits and other high calorie goodies this is for you. i have a kenwood and i make the most fab pavlovas for very little cost and hardly any effort. apart from weight gain its a no brainer really!

Boffy I also have the Kenwood and love cake and bread making but I have never made Pavlova even tho it's a favourite of mine. If you have an easy recipe I would love a copy please if thats possible.

Does anyone know what is going to be included in this tsv yet please? Although I have a Kenwood - I still lust after a Kitchenaid - I think mainly just to look good in my kitchen. So hopefully it will be a good combination and on easypay :happy:

Love love love my Kitchenaid Rosey. I have had it for 12 years and still beautiful. It is a bright red one. I recently bought the glass bowl from QVC and it works a treat.
I have broken my blender though - tried to blend raw carrots :envy:and it has broken the turning attachment.

Love love love my Kitchenaid Rosey. I have had it for 12 years and still beautiful. It is a bright red one. I recently bought the glass bowl from QVC and it works a treat.
I have broken my blender though - tried to blend raw carrots :envy:and it has broken the turning attachment.

Thanks for this Jayne. I have been really good the last couple of weeks and not spending money on things I could really do without so that if it is a good tsv I can at least justify it. I would like the veg preparation tools etc and not an ice cream maker attachment as I have a proper ice cream maker but that now resides in the back of the cupboard after being a bit of a novelty for a few months. And I was going to get the slicing attachments for my kenwood but they cost a fortune. Fingers crossed for a good selection of attachments and a spare bowl and easi pay.

I am surprised no one has got any details on here yet.

recipe for pavlova and dont bother me if you put on weight lol

:up::up:
Boffy I also have the Kenwood and love cake and bread making but I have never made Pavlova even tho it's a favourite of mine. If you have an easy recipe I would love a copy please if thats possible.

preheat oven gas 2/150c. whisk 3 large egg whites to soft peaks. lower speed to 5 and add 60z caster sugar i tablesppon at a time whisking after each spoonfull. line a baking tray with silicone paper and spoon the mixture on and make a giant nest. turn oven down to gas 1/140c/275f and bake for one hour only. turn off heat and leave until cold. several hours or overnight.
i whip up some fresh double cream with a tsp of vanilla extract and an ounce of caster sugar. pile it on the merigue and top with room temperature strawberries and serve .
this produces a light crisp merigue with a slightly soft centre. it is simple the best povolva ever!

:up::up:

preheat oven gas 2/150c. whisk 3 large egg whites to soft peaks. lower speed to 5 and add 60z caster sugar i tablesppon at a time whisking after each spoonfull. line a baking tray with silicone paper and spoon the mixture on and make a giant nest. turn oven down to gas 1/140c/275f and bake for one hour only. turn off heat and leave until cold. several hours or overnight.
i whip up some fresh double cream with a tsp of vanilla extract and an ounce of caster sugar. pile it on the merigue and top with room temperature strawberries and serve .
this produces a light crisp merigue with a slightly soft centre. it is simple the best povolva ever!

I love making meringues with my KA Artisan, but now do it the Yotam Ottolenghi way which involves whisking the egg whites in the KA and stopping just before it becomes stiff. You then heat the caster sugar in the oven for about 15 minutes (on a silicon baking sheet or greaseproof paper). Switch the KA back on (on the 2 setting) and gently pour the hot caster sugar through the spill guard into the mixing bowl and then whack it up to 10 until all mixed in and mixture has that gorgeous glossy homogeneous look to it. I sometimes just makes clouds of meringue, flavoured with a bit of rosewater and dipped in finely chopped pistachios and then baked in the oven. Its like dying and going to heaven eating those........

Just seen the posting on qvc of the tsv and the you tube video. It is the one with the ice cream maker attachment. Now my money is safe.

Am a bit disappointed as I had definately decided to go for it this time :doh:

Just seen the posting on qvc of the tsv and the you tube video. It is the one with the ice cream maker attachment. Now my money is safe.

Am a bit disappointed as I had definately decided to go for it this time :doh:[/QUOTE

amazon do some great deals on kitchenaid mixers. you have to keep looking as the prices change daily

I was just going to post the same as Boffy, also John Lewis reduce them from time to time, that's where I got mine I can't recommend JL service enough!

I was just going to post the same as Boffy, also John Lewis reduce them from time to time, that's where I got mine I can't recommend JL service enough!

Thanks Boffy and AJL-C. I have ordered and collected from John Lewis and the service is really good. I will keep my eye open - I would have liked easi-pay then I could have spread the cost. But maybe I will just put the money aside and then when I have enough I can get one from Amazon or John Lewis.

Why do they only ever offer us the boring white? Why doesn't their "buying power" let them bring us a choice of colours without boosting up the package with an assortment of add-ons to make it look more appealing?

I think it's because they always sell the classic, never the artisan - the classic only comes in white and overall they don't sell enough stock for KA to make them a 'special edition'.

I've got a Kenwood K Mix in black which turned me into a domestic goddess when I got it but it soon wore off and I don't think it's been used for a year. It makes a really stylish ornament in my lovely new kitchen though.

i would bake and eat every single day if i could but i have put on 3 stones in weight and am mother of the bride in september so the weight has to come off lol. i use it for making my meals and for brithdays etc and of course pavlova...

Latest posts

Back