Kitchenaid TSV 24/07/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I noticed Simon couldn't get the bowl off, but he covered this up by scooping out the contents in situ.

Then I found several reviews that said they couldn't remove the lid or the bowl and returned it for this reason.

Here is one example - - - -

Sadly had to return this item. It looks good, the size is great and would have looked lovely in my kitchen without being too big.......but like others I just could not get the lid off. I tried, oh I tried. In the end I just didn't want to go through this every time I wanted to use it. Such a shame, I really think Kitchen Aid need to sort the lid out.

BTW I always read reviews from the worst first.

Another, from the last TSV, where they also noticed that the presenter had problems - - - -

Ordered the cream version and was very happy with look and the weight of the item on opening the box. But then things went down hill, I struggled to get the lid off, I had to resort to watching the online presentation to figure it out. Simple enough action, but the processor did not want to play. Once the lid was off I then couldn't get the jug to part from the base. Well by this time I'd had enough so it was packed back in its box to be retuned at the earliest opportunity. I did note that during the on screen presentation the presenter gave up on one of the demonstration processors she was using, that should have warned me!

Lots of reviews are also saying that it is very flimsy and not up to KA standard.

When I think of Kitchen Aid I think of the food mixer thingy. This is a Ninja and I already have it. KA should do their food mixer in a half size for people that don't have big families and don't have monster kitchens. Instead of charging £500, charge £250. It would be gone faster than today's TSV. Oh and do it in nice pastel shades, cream and black. Job done.

CC

I noticed Simon couldn't get the bowl off, but he covered this up by scooping out the contents in situ.

Then I found several reviews that said they couldn't remove the lid or the bowl and returned it for this reason.

Here is one example - - - -

Sadly had to return this item. It looks good, the size is great and would have looked lovely in my kitchen without being too big.......but like others I just could not get the lid off. I tried, oh I tried. In the end I just didn't want to go through this every time I wanted to use it. Such a shame, I really think Kitchen Aid need to sort the lid out.

BTW I always read reviews from the worst first.
Hopefully. it will turn up on eBay then as a return. I bought a Moulinex that was a return and difficult to open, close etc but I persisted and the problem went away.

Re the colours: those four are the colours Kitchenaid use for their cheaper ranges as they do on the food mixer so they are what they are and they're not about to change.

With the reputation and quality of their products I would expect to pay a hell of a lot more than fifty quid for a KA gadget, which does smack of it being cheap to me. I watched Simon in his demos and not once did he take it apart or take the blade out of the middle - so does it come apart for washing ? with my Ninja jug the blade fitment comes out, so there's no trying to fit a spoon in down the side of it to extract the food. Also I think the Ninja motor that fits on top of the jug is far more substantial for pulsing and blending with the palm of your hand, because that business of blitzing with the thumb on the lid/handle wouldn't suit me with arthritis.

Latest posts

Back