Kipling TSV 7/6/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So it's about £65 with p&p? Far too dear. I remember the days when Kipling bags were actually a good deal on QVC, but no longer. If I wanted it I'd wait till it appeared on ebay or amazon much cheaper.

I've never bought a Kipling bag,if I did I would remove the monkey. I'm not against monkeys,just not dangling on a bag.Does anyone buy them for the monkeys? I know people like to collect things ,so just wondered.They must add to the price ,even though they are probably fairly cheap to make.

I don't know just how much Kippling normally sell for but Amazon have 2 Kippling bags and a wallet as lightning deals today they are the Kipling Women's Pravia Shoulder Bag at 8.00am and then the Kipling Women's Orleane Shoulder Bag at 12.00 noon. and the Kipling Women's Tops Wallet at .6.00pm.

I've never bought a Kipling bag,if I did I would remove the monkey. I'm not against monkeys,just not dangling on a bag.Does anyone buy them for the monkeys? I know people like to collect things ,so just wondered.They must add to the price ,even though they are probably fairly cheap to make.

Personally, no. I remove the monkeys and chuck the fluffy blighters in the bin. I'd rather they axed the monkeys and dropped the price

Very disappointing price, how this can be called "special value" is beyond me, I shall not be tempted at that price thank goodness, and as for the monkeys, I can't stand them either, I shall be keeping an eye out on EBay if I do like the look of it

I must admit, I carry my black Kipling bags with its black plastic monkey, I seem more mature with a plastic monkey. As for QVC prices, easy pay or not I just wouldn't pay it. I don't want an up to date fashion Kipling bag that costs me £40 more than a Kipking bag I buy from Amazon.

I don't know just how much Kippling normally sell for but Amazon have 2 Kippling bags and a wallet as lightning deals today they are the Kipling Women's Pravia Shoulder Bag at 8.00am and then the Kipling Women's Orleane Shoulder Bag at 12.00 noon. and the Kipling Women's Tops Wallet at .6.00pm.

Oh, that's annoying! I went on Amazon the other day to look for an alternative to the TSV and I bought myself a Pravia instead - wish I'd known they were planning to reduce it!
I take my furry monkeys off, but like shopperholic, I leave the plastic and the metal ones on, I quite like those.

LIVE NOW: Kipling Olano Large Shoulder Bag with Crossbody Strap
http://www.qvcuk.com/Kipling-Olano-Large-Shoulder-Bag-with-Crossbody-Strap.product.139955.html

QVC Price: £74.00
Special price: £59.88 (think this will be the TSV price, maybe an email is going out soon)
P&P: £5.95
3 Easy Pay instalments of £19.96, plus P&P

The medium-sized Kipling Olano shoulder bag features a detachable cross-body strap, three main zipped compartments and an outer flap pocket, plus it comes with the signature Kipling monkey keyring in a matching colour. Manage your everyday items with ease and add colour or contrast to your casualwear in an instant with the medium Olano bag from Kipling.

Functional and practical - with three top-zippedcompartments, a front flap pocket with press stud fastening, and slip andzipped pockets inside, the Olano will keep your daily essentials in perfectorder. Plus it is large enough to hold your tablet, making it great for longjourney, trips to the park or your daily commute.

Versatile and stylish - featuring fixed top handlesand an adjustable, removable strap, you can wear this bag in the crook of yourarm, over the shoulder or slung cross-body for hands-free style. Plus in achoice of seven different colourways, there will be a Kipling Olano bag tocomplement all of your outfits whatever the season.

Detachable, collectible signature Kipling monkey keyring
Kipling logo branding on the front flap pocket, zip pulls and inside zipped pocket
Handles and detachable strap are constructed from heavy-duty webbing
Outer: 100% polyamide; lining: 100% polyester
Wipe clean only
Bag (h x w x d): 25cm x 34cm x 15cm (9.8" x 13.4" x 5.9")
Strap drop: 80cm - 175cm (31.5" - 68.9")
Handle drop: 22cm - 56cm (8.6" - 22")

Colour options:
Blue Flower, designed especially for QVC - a navy blue and white print bag with a blue Matt monkey keyring
Blue Bloom, designed especially for to QVC - a blue and beige floral print bag with a beige Karina monkey keyring
Pink Bloom, designed especially for to QVC - a pink, navy blue and beige floral print bag with a pink Deborah monkey keyring
Pink Tile - a navy blue, white and pink geometric print bag with a blue Matt monkey keyring
White - a block colour white bag with a white Gwennyth monkey keyring
Baltic Mint - a block colour mint green bag with a mint green Sophie monkey keyring
Black - a block colour black bag with a black Davina monkey keyring

Behind the brand
Kipling has been creating fashionable, high-quality bags and accessories for over 25 years. Named after the well-travelled author Rudyard Kipling, the brand encompasses all that is fun and adventurous. Every bag comes with a signature monkey keyring, each one with its own name.

All measurements are approximate

I can't believe how much Kipling bags are these days - I take my fluffy monkey off - but keep the plastic ones on. Not tempted by this TSV at all - prefer small cross body ones without drop handles.

I can't believe how much Kipling bags are these days - I take my fluffy monkey off - but keep the plastic ones on. Not tempted by this TSV at all - prefer small cross body ones without drop handles.

My thoughts exactly: getting pricey, fluffies off, plastics on, but I don't mind the added grab handles...so I should like the TSV, but I don't.

I'm still waiting for a decent print like the ones when Lorraine was the presenter (10 years? ago) but nothing tempts me. I did buy the OTO http://www.qvcuk.com/Kipling-Carali...h-Removeable-Strap.product.141882.html?upsh=1 a few weeks ago in the dark navy and white stripes and it's excellent; my first Kipling for a long time.

I lost interest in the Kipling range on QVC long ago.

Same boring Basic range with colours especially for QVC have no interest for me. No interest in the monkey and whatever name they are.

I have April from the City Range in dark brown, it was more expensive than the Basic well back then. But hell I use it as my everyday bag for I think must be 6+ years.

LOL Donna, I have the exact same bag, it's semi-retired for now but every time I see it I think of you - remembering that you have one too! (I'm not a stalker honest!)

As I've said many times, they introduced new designers with a big fanfare a while ago and the styles, colours and prints have rarely tempted me since. I feel a bit sad for recent Kipling converts because they're paying over the odds for inferior bags (esp the made for Q ones). The ones I have still look great and for a long day out the lightness is a huge plus point. The staff in the Westfield Kipling shop always comment on whatever bag I have with me - the staff were probably at school when I bought some of them. When I explain why I haven't bought much recently they can't argue that my bag looks better than the ones in the shop! I'm currently using a print that I think was called Lucky Leopard (or similar) and though I'm not an animal print girl it's the colours that work for me. Back in the day, Kipling had distinct product lines, like the City, Gorilla Girlz, Hip (which looked like distressed leather) and Vintage, now they seem stuck in a rut of prints that just don't appeal to me (at least the ones on Q anyway). Oh and I have a couple of the leather bags too which regularly get an airing and seem to improve with age. I don't often sell mine because they're flat to store I just shove them in the loft and rotate my bags by season or if a I buy a new outfit it reminds me I have a bag stashed away that will go.

Rambling rant over!

I bought a nice Kipling CB bag, it's the Vilda natural dotty one on the QVC website for £65, I got it for £42.50 free p&p on ebay....It is a nice bag... the monkeys name is Fernanda...

I'm failing to see why the price of the Kipling TSV is so special. They've shown lots of medium sized Kipling on the morning repeat all around £60. The p&p for the TSV is £5.95 but they've just shown one just as big for £3.95 and £4.95, rip off all round by the looks of it.

The price isn't special and I don't like any of the prints. I agree with akimbo - I also used to like Kipling when they had the Basic, Vintage and City ranges. I think they've just gone into mass production and lost their way. My advice to Kipling:

1. Revive the old Basic, Vintage and City ranges.
2. Sew in ALL zips. I hate seeing zips extending over the edge of the opening. It smacks of corner-cutting and cheapness, which Kipling prices aren't.
3. Bring down your prices and take off the monkeys.
4. If monkeys sell, then sell them as an optional extra but don't sell them with my bag when I don't wear them and yet I'm paying for them.
5. Choose names for your monkeys that are common in the UK. I couldn't give a * if it's been named after someone who works for Kipling, and it's us, the customers, they should be humouring, not their employees. Knowing someone has been rewarded with a monkey named after them does nothing for me while I'm paying these people's wages.
6. Bring back more cross-body bags. I don't buy bags where the grab handles hang down if you're wearing it on the shoulder. Not a good look.
7. Get some decent designs for prints. I don't like the current ones.

Rant over.

Latest posts

Back